[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'll answer your stupid Fitness Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6
File: Frank_Zane.jpg (2 MB, 1582x2396) Image search: [Google]
Frank_Zane.jpg
2 MB, 1582x2396
I've been on /fit/ for 3 years, and lifting for 4 years, made pretty decent gains, and I'm here to answer your stupid questions.

Keep them fitness related and I'll see if I can help you out
>>
File: 1429728638587.png (602 KB, 1016x868) Image search: [Google]
1429728638587.png
602 KB, 1016x868
>>35056873
>>35056873

Thank-you based herald of ultimate fit knowledge.
How can we truly pay you back for this most pious and righteous service you're humbly providing us?
>>
>>35056873
How do you wave-dash?
>>
>>35056943

Keep making dank memes like that.
>>
>>35056873
Is this physique achievable natty?
>>
>>35056873
Best way for an endomorph to lose belly fat and have washboard abs.
>>
>>35057079

Assuming you could get to 200lbs, maybe 13% bf, at 5'9", and you're looking at 180lbs if you want to be 8% bf, but 200lbs, 5% bf, 5'9", absolutely not.

And no way in hell are you getting that kind of conditioning naturally.

180lbs, 5'9", 8% would put you in very very good shape, but you wouldn't look as huge as this guy looks at 200lbs 5% shredded obviously. There's a natural limit to everything breh, and you'll have to pick between being kinda big and shredded, or being big and not so shredded
>>
How best to combine heavy strength training and intense cardio (basketball twice a week)?
>>
>>35057092

First of all, somatotypes are bullshit, which has been scientifically proven. By endomorph I assume you mean you've always ate a lot, probably always been quite heavy, and never really been able to see your abs?

The answer? A caloric deficit, clean eating, and regular lifting at the gym. You should do a beginners routine, I assume you'd want a bodybuilding one like Phraks Greyskull LP.

Abs are all bodyfat percentage, so I'd say do a cut until you're at your goal weight, which will put you at around 13% bf, and then do a clean slow bulk to gain muscle mass.
>>
>>35056955
Short hop then push L or R a little bit in the air and push the stick into one direction. At the bgeinning push the stick a little bottom and in a direction so you will see how you slide a little bit

Gets really easy after a bit of training
>>
Currently on my first bulk ever. If I eat more than my TDEE + 500 will I gain more muscle or will it just turn into fat?
>>
>>35057138
Don't. Increasing size too much will mess upp your basketball skills. Slower movement and judges (or whatever they're called) see you as a big meanie in every situation.
>>
>>35057138

Very difficult. High level coaches have said that they can't see it being possible for one to do these activities very intensely. Luckily for you, there is a way.

Lift 3 days a week on a Strength routine, I'd recommend Texas Method or Sheiko if you're intermediate, and say, if you do Mon - Wed- Fri, then do your basketball training on Tuesday and then Saturday/Sunday. Typically you'll just want to leave it to the bare essentials, Sheiko is good for this because you don't typically go over 80% on most of your lifts.

Also, Texas Method has a recovery day, typically a Wednesday, and you could put your BB training between Mon and Wed, and then your other training on Saturday.

But, your results won't be optimal. Like I said, it's extremely hard to combine the two disciplines and be excellent at both.
>>
>>35057161
>By endomorph I assume you mean you've always ate a lot, probably always been quite heavy, and never really been able to see your abs?

Yeah and most of my fat develops around the belly region. If I trip up and start eating bad the amount of belly fat I gain is ridiculous.

But yeah, I always had a very bad diet since I was a kid. Was very obese and now I lost alot of weight got pretty fit but that last bit of belly fat is annoying
>>
>>35057187

I think you know the answer. It will all be fat.

You can't gain MORE muscle than you're naturally capable of gaining, and gaining muscle is a very, very slow process. So eat +500 TDEE at maximum, and enjoy your gains - it takes time to make gains mane, but you'll be glad you took the long slow approach rather than getting fat.
>>
>>35056873
Homo or no homo?
>>
is stronglifts good? when should i switch to a different programme, i've been doing it for a month now and i feel good, also what intermediate programmes are good?
>>
>>35057214

You'll be glad to know that in terms of genetics, men store their fat in their belly, which is why you get the whole beer gut meme, which is actually the truth. Just keep cutting mane, slowly chisel off those last few lbs.
>>
>>35057240

No homo. I find the whole homo thing hilarious, but after looking at shirtless men nearly daily for 3 years, I can say for certain I'm not gay. Although I think I'm more cool with people who are thanks to /fit/

>>35057243

Do it until you stop making gains on it, typically 3-6 months - good intermediate programs include Madcow 5x5, Texas Method and Sheiko. I recommend Sheiko personally, but different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>35057194
>>35057210
Then how to go about combining regular lifting and ball? Focus more on hypertrophy or try something like a PHUL routine? Or just focus on one or the other?
>>
I still don't think I've figured out the deadlift on the whole. I'm not even doing 2pl8s and I feel like the bar is slipping out of my hand every second I hold it. After a couple reps it gets to the point where I almost drop it.
>>
>>35057247
Thanks, I'm actually headed to the gym now. I was supposed to work on arms today but I had a killer shoulder and back workout yesterday and I won't be able to lift much so I'm going to be working legs again this week since they are good enough to get another workout in.

Any advice on how to go heavier on squats and deadlifts?
>>
>>35057265

Yeah mane I'd say focus on one or the other. You can go into the gym like two days a week and do some hypertrophy stuff, but really anything more is pushing it. Focus on what you wanna be good at mane.
>>
>>35057292
Fuck. Now I have to decide what I enjoy more. Basketball is more fun but teammates can be useless dicks which is annoying. On the other hand, lifting gives nicer results.
Thanks for the help though.
>>
>>35057287

Good form mane. Weight is negligible. Form is king.

>>35057285

Try some grip exercises, sounds like that's your weak point. One that works quite well for me is just get 1 plate on the bar, deadlift it, and see how long you can hold it. Keep doing this until you feel comfortable holding the weight for at least 15 seconds, and then gradually increase the weight.

If you would post a video of your deadlift, I can give you better advice.
>>
Time of lifting required to achieve natty limit or close to it? 3-4-5 years?
>>
>>35057319

In terms of musculature? I'd say 6+ years of serious lifting and dieting, in terms of strength? You get stronger until the aging process kicks in.

As far as I know, you could get stronger till the day you died if aging wasn't a thing.

I'm still making gains in my physique even though I've been lifting this long, of course, they're slow, but at this point I'm used to it.
>>
>>35056873
Do you live in Ireland?
>>
>>35057369

no, why?
>>
I don't want gains. I just want a body workout I can do that will benefit me in the mornings. I already eat pretty healthy. My body is perfect except I am developing love handles. What should I do?
>>
>>35057376
Just wondering..
>>
>>35057396

What do you mean by benefit you in the mornings? Like give you a boner or something?

pls elaborate
>>
I spent too much time sitting on my ass last couple of weeks (studying and shit) and now my knees hurts all the time, especially when I'm squating. Squating alone never gave me troubles with knees before, but now when they are already sore, squating is killing me. What do?
>>
>>35057408
Tone. I want to tone a bit. My diet us already good. I just want something that will tone my body that can be done in 30 mins in my apartment without weights.
>>
>>35057416

Stretch and postural correction. There's a tonne of good videos on YouTube on stretching, so you're lucky.

Curious though, how do you hurt your knees sitting down?
>>
>>35057427

>Tone

No such thing as tone, read the sticky.

Looks like a bodyweight routine like Convict Conditioning is for you
>>
File: 9TepS.jpg (112 KB, 893x694) Image search: [Google]
9TepS.jpg
112 KB, 893x694
>>35056873
whats the best exercise to fill the hole in myinner pecs
pic kind of related, found it on google
>>
>>35057439
Well, sitting on a chair is very unnatural positon and doing that too much can fuck you up pretty nice. And I'm very sensitive person. Like, I'm completely normal, but if I just overdo anything I will sufer 10 times bigger consequences than normal person. I'm just a bitch I guess. If I was born 200 years earlier I would probably die as a child.
>>
>>35056873
How was your first year like? Did you gain more or less strength than you thought you would? Also, for bulking, did you do the 1g of protien to pound method or did you increase that?
>>
>>35057545

I can't tell unless I see an actual picture, but the strategy I'd employ is to get your pecs more overall developed.

Start doing

>Paused Spoto Press
>Paused Bench Press (alternate)
>Chest Flyes
>Dips
>Overhead Press

and your chest will explode.
>>
>>35057568

First year was difficult, but during my first year I learned to love lifting, so it was the most important year of all. I gained more strength than I thought I would for sure, and yes, I stuck to loosely 1g of protein per lb of bodymass.
>>
>>35057595
Thanks and one last question, can you provide a physic pic with stats?
>>
>>35057569
>Overhead Press
mostly things I already do
but hows overhead press helping to develope a decent chest? isnt it mainly a shoulder ex?
>>
>>35057677

upper chest is always going to need work - trust me.
>>
What is the best way to break through plateaus with upper body lifts (bench, OHP)? Should I add some volume and more accessories? I think I'm becoming a trex very quickly.

I've been doing texas method with stats:
5' 11 165 lbs
8 1/2 months lifting

Squat: 265x5
Bench: 180x5
OHP: 112.5x5
Deadlift: 335x5
>>
>>35056873
>ive made decent gains

sure bro

post your picture with timestamp

in all reality he won't because he's some dyel faggot whos sat on 4chan for 4 years while going to the gym a couple times a week and jerking off
>>
>>35057905
maybe if you used that jell to lift instead of shitposting you wouldn't be such a fucking faggot
>>
>>35057891

Not him but I made the best bench gains by changing 1x5 day to 3x2. Volume day stays the same.
As for ohp it skyrocketed when I started doing pushpresses once a week. Suddenly ohp seemed light as fuck.
>>
>>35057974
maybe if you spent the time you spend pretending to be a fitness guru yet won't even post your body because we both know it's shit and lifted you wouldn't be such a fucking pencil necked little faggot
>>
I'm planning to start cutting for summer (June) early January, lifting 6-7 days a week without cardio while eating healthy at 1600~ish calories per day.

Is this too early to start cutting? Do you think I should keep the winter bulk on for a bit longer?
>>
>>35058028
What is your current height/weight/bf%? Unless you're pretty fat, January is really early to start cutting.
>>
Does cardio kills gains?
>>
I'm looking to move on from my current regiment of the ICF 5x5 after about a half year of doing SL and now ICF.

My goal is to get to very low BF%, but I've been pretty shit with discipline. Hoping to be at my goal by the end of spring, as I've finally been seeing good progress.

Anyways, I want something that will keep me doing my primary lifts from SL, but I think I need a routine with more days a week and something with more of a focus on aesthetics. I like that I can squat 225lb+, but truthfully, at this point, I care more about aesthetics as opposed to strength. I'm kind of T-rex and built-fat at this point.

I was looking at Bill Starr's 5x5. Any recommendations?
>>
Need diet advice. I'm 6'1 and 181. BF probably at about 20%. I'm lifting 3x a week doing SS + accessories and cardio 3/4 times a week along with a physical job. I'm eating at 2000 and still dropping weight. I want to essentially drop bf% while still making my noob gains. Should I eat higher than 2000? I'd probably still be cutting at like 2300-2500
>>
>>35058100

5'10/80kg/18-20%
>>
>>35058176
ICF 5x5 is SL but with more upper body work. It is a novice bodybuilding program, which seems to be what you're looking for. You can also do Reg Park's 5x5 if you want (same thing, pretty much).

Bill Starr's 5x5 is a strength program with a lot less volume (it employs ramping weight instead of straight sets).
>>
>>35058176
Also, T-rex mode and builtfat tend to correlate very strongly. You probably have big thighs because you have a lot of fat covering your quads and hammies, in addition to the muscle mass underneath.
I used to think I was T-rex mode, then I cut and found that my legs were very proportional to my upper body. However, if you truly think your legs are getting too big, just stop upping the weight on your squats. Lower your squatting volume so as to maintain your current lower body development.
>>
I went from 35% bf to 12% bf, why can't i see my dick yet?
>>
>>35058176
>225lb squats
>built fat
>t rex

This is the average /fit/ poster. Holy shit this place has gone down hill.
>>
>>35058471
Maybe you are a girl?
>>
>>35058366
>>35058410

thanks a bunch, man.
These days I'm finally getting strict with my cut, so I'm confident I'll be able to make progress.

I'll start reading up on Reg Parks. If Bill Starr's is lower volume than what I'm currently doing, I'll stay away.

It seems like my body tends to hold fat in my legs and lower abdominals, so your assessment is sounds accurate. I think my legs are good size, but my upper body hasn't kept up, I'll stop going so crazy on the squat and focus on the other lifts more.

Thanks so much for the advice man. May Zyzz be with you.

one last thing: ICF is 3 days/week, what can I be doing on offdays without fucking with my recovery too much?
>>
>>35058248
If your bf% is correct, then simple math says:

0.2*80 kg = 16 kg of fat
To get down to around 10% bf you'll want around 7-8 kg of fat at ~70 kg bodyweight.
Basically you have to lose 8-10 kg to get there, so at a 500 deficit it should take around 4 months. Start cutting at the end of February.
>>
>>35058520
Do less volume higher weight for legs, dont quit training them. Do 5x5 for squats and deadlifts with the weight ramping up each set.
>>
>>35058597

Excellent thank you for your help.
>>
Should I stop doing power cleans if I'm mainly interested in aesthetics?
>>
How do i maintain pump. There are those days when i lift and feel amazing, but then those days which i lift and feel deflated i want to have the pump/feel good all the time. is it the lack of food consistency or could it be over-training>? thnxs.
>>
>>35056873
What should my arms routine be today?
>>
>>35056873
So its about stupid Questions?
If 1Kg ~ 3500Kcal
Drinking 1L olive oil which is like 1Kg ~ 9000kcal.
9000kcal/3500kcal ~ 2.5
Which means 1kg of oil provides 2.5Kg of shit to your body.

Cal in > Cal out makes no sense.
>>
>>35058921
different person but the energy is converted into a different material, a heavier material. a pound of muscle is heavier than a pound of fat for example but a pound of muscle is about 600 calories.
>>
>>35058747
no specific exercise is needed if all you want is aesthetics, as long as your weights increase and you use the same muscles, that is if you're done with your noob gainz
>>
>>35056873
SL or Greyskull LP? My main goal is hyper-trophy, but it would be good to get some strength and it would show easier with SL due to being skelly.
>>
How do you go from chubby weakling to fit? im doing SS and HIIT on my off days, while on a deficit. im 170 lbs 20-25% body fat and getting 100+ protons a day and on creatine. is this the ideal way to do it? or am i missing something. and should i do steady cardio first thing in the morning?
>>
File: JHVFNo8.gif (2 MB, 450x248) Image search: [Google]
JHVFNo8.gif
2 MB, 450x248
Does creatine make you bald?
>>
File: 81-Lh0JCvlL._SL1500_.jpg (155 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81-Lh0JCvlL._SL1500_.jpg
155 KB, 1500x1500
>is extremely new
where can i deadlift? next to the benches?
is pic related usually available at gyms? i really don't like using a barbell to do ab rollouts, it's kind of awkward.
>>
>>35060647
power rack is usually acceptable
>>
do I have chicken legs if I buy the same size sweatpants as my shirt (medium) and it fits perfect?
>>
When lifting for aesthetic, should all my lifst be 3x8 ( even squat, deadlift, ohp, etc.)?
>>
Currently I have three work outs. Looking for any feedback

I'm a skellyfag weighing 170 at 6'4. This is the most I've ever weighed in my life and the strongest I've ever been.

Workout A
Seated DB shoulder press
Curls
Pullups
Shoulder shrugs
tricep pulldowns

Workout B
Squats
deadlift
lunges
ab work

Workout C
flat bench
incline bench
decline bench
flat db fly
incline db fly
decline db fly

Any recommendations?
>>
>>35056873
>training seriously with a routine for almost 2.5 years
>squat 305 lbs
>deadlift 405 lbs
>bench 190 lbs
>23
>5'9, 200 lbs

Why am I such a weak fuck? SL >ICF > SL > Madcow > C6W
>>
>>35056873
>>35056873

what type of training will make my cock bigger?

Bodybuilding? strength trainging? power lifting?

I want stronger erections too, but size most of all.
>>
>>35056873
How do I make my bf come hands free?
>>
>>35061221
get him a bluetooth
>>
Best way to maintain strength when transitioning to a cut
>>
I've been doing cardio for the past 2 months. I've never trained before, I look weak as fuck: skinny arms, big belly, chubby skinny.

Today, I did my first deadlift using a 50lb bar. Felt like I could lift more, so I used a 110lb bar this time. Lifted it, no problem. Then I grabbed an empty bar and put 180lb. Lifted it, no problem. So I put 250lb this time, struggled a little but I lifted it. Fast forward 10 minutes later I lifted a max rep one of 370. Is it good? I ask because I don't know if the coaches were making fun of me or they were truly surprised.
>>
How the FUCK do I improve my OH Press?

Bench is at 100lbs.
Squats and DL are at 170lbs

Row and OH Press I can't get over 75lbs.
>>
>>35061502
btw I'm 5'11, 28 yo and my weight is 184lb
>>
>>35056873

Make a workout program specifically tailored for me.

> 6'5" 210 lbs
> Goal: 1/2/3/4
Current Stats:
> Bench: 245
> OHP: 155
> Squat: 205
> Deadlift: 275
>>
>>35061636
good OHP relative to ur other stats
>>
>>35056873
What are your stats and why should we listen to you?
>>
File: manana.png (631 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
manana.png
631 KB, 300x400
I'm relatively new to weight training in general, thus far only having done about 4 months at the gym. Rip into me, I want to know what I could be doing better, and what I'm doing wrong.

I go 6 times a week, and do two muscle groups a day. Back/Bis, Shoulders/Tris, Chest/Core and then repeat. I don't explicitly do a leg day, but I do 15-30 minutes of cardio daily.

How much is too much? Weights, Cardio, you name it.

Should I bother with supplements? I've had some decent improvements, especially in the arms at this point. I haven't plateaud, but I haven't been doing this long either.

Should I worry about cutting, or just shoot for general muscle gain? I don't expect to look like a model, but I'd like to look good overall.

>6'3"
>185-190lbs
>>
>>35061526
don't worry too much man, the goal is usually 1 plate ohp and 2 plate bench, so your ohp is actually ahead of your bench right now(it should be like .6 your bench)
>>
>>35057232
ok this isnt true, the +500 number varies by person, I know people in highschool who gained like 2 pounds a week and it was mostly muscle. Depends on your test levels
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.