[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do normies skip leg day? There is no feeling in the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10
File: 1443633528515.gif (900 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1443633528515.gif
900 KB, 500x281
Why do normies skip leg day?
There is no feeling in the world more satisfying than having weak legs after a nice squat session
>>
>>35055486
>finish lower body day
>walk back to flat
>legs rubbing together
>pop a chub
>>
Because people are going to look at your arms and torso in general. Also, it's easier to show off, is anybody going to ask you to take off your pants and flex your quads?

To sum it up, they don't consider legs important.
>>
>>35055486

Because "normies" know that noone gives a fuck about legs.

If you arent some abstract pencil leg faggot, you dont realy need to train them to achieve an good phisique for normie standards.

Its us autists with the fucking body dismorphia who believe you need quads as big as other peoples torsos to look good.
>>
>>35055860
It's not about looking good, it's about feeling good
>>
There's no reason to even barbell squat unless you powerlift or have literal no ass. And dedicating a whole day to beating the shit out of your legs seems like an even bigger waste of time.

My legs are fine and all I do are sumo deads. I used to squat 3 times a week and that made my squat very strong, but didn't really make my legs aesthetic, just a big ass.
>>
>>35055977
ass pic?
>>
>>35055977
>There's no reason to even barbell squat unless you powerlift or have literal no ass.

Why wouldn't you train the largest, most powerful muscles in your body?

Because it is hard?

Sounds like you're a pussy.
>>
File: 1390857420875.jpg (4 KB, 250x231) Image search: [Google]
1390857420875.jpg
4 KB, 250x231
>>35055486
>that gif
everytime
>>
>>35056058
>durr durr squat or you're noT gonna make it
>>
>>35056058
Because its dead easy to make your legs grow with the least amount of effort.
>>
I like quads and glutes. Gives an interesting shape. Hamstrings, meh.

| )
( (
| |

Kind of like robot legs or something.
>>
>tfw finally reaching 100kg squat
thanks /fit/, squats changed my life
>>
>>35055486
so they can win against women
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KGfp2aTnHs
>>
>>35056074
>squat or you're noT gonna make it

Grow some balls. If you're not tough enough to train your whole body, you're never going to make it.

I assume you have NEVER been an athlete.
>>
Once I started squatting over 300 then 400lbs I noticed no change in my legs at all, yet the ass continued to grow along with my waist. You can do things like pistol squats, lunges, sumo deads, leg press variations and notice how your leg will change
>>
>>35056101
I have been an athlete and now I'm not, I squatted a lot before and could have really hurt myself. Squatting really is not necessary for a normal gym goer.
>>
>>35056076
>Because its dead easy to make your legs grow with the least amount of effort.

Everyone on /fit/ thinks that they have "monstrous" legs, when in reality, they just have puny upper bodies and want to look like Jonny Bravo for grills.

Lol puss.
>>
>>35056143
>I have been an athlete and now I'm not,

So you quit the chess team?
>>
>>35056154
This.
>>
I've heard somewhere that training your leg muscles stimulates muscle growth in the rest of your body as well.
What's the level of broscience in this?
>>
>>35056174
>What's the level of broscience in this?

Debatable.

All I know is that the genuinely strong, big guys I know train their whole body.

The guys that skip leg day rarely look impressive, and they never really lift impressively either. Symptom of being a lazy pussy.
>>
>>35055486
People that don't know squat skip leg day.
Also, cringed at the use of the word "normies". No such thing, you ironic snowflake hipster piece of shit. Jump off a bridge.
>>
>>35056154
I'd rather look like johnny bravo then have huge ass legs, besides even if you have a 500lb squat, without calves you'll look like you don't even train them most of the time
>>
well it's probably best to let people fuck up their bodies and looks in whatever way they feel like

i personally think people with puny legs look as ridiculous as t-rex
>>
>>35056219
>even if you have a 500lb squat, without calves you'll look like you don't even train them most of the time

If all you care about is looks, then you better start reading Cosmo, cuz you a bitch.

Seriously. Grow some balls.
>>
>>35056269
No you need to get strong to progress, but do you need to have a huge barbell back squat? Not really, after awhile it seemed counter productive to me.

I don't understand this squat or die mentality. I've done powerlifitng meets and my squat was my best lift, but I'm not in love with them, there's easier lifts for your goals
>>
File: 1448618216062.jpg (259 KB, 920x1385) Image search: [Google]
1448618216062.jpg
259 KB, 920x1385
I do legs once a month (not counting deadlifts which I do two times a week)

I also do step master 50-100 floors twice a week and I cycle

I train my legs for endurance because:

1- I don't want to look like a trex
2- I find if I overtrain them I can't run, cycle as good because they tense up much faster
3- I do rock climbing/cliff hanging and it seriously hinders my performance because it is upper body focused and the extra weight in the lower body kills it

To each their own SS fags
Also T-REX is NOT aesthetic
>>
>>35056090
Funny post 10/10
>>
>>35056331
>I don't understand this squat or die mentality

Nice that you understand, but most gym DYEL's don't.

Using your lower body is important.

>>35056353
>I train my legs for endurance because:
>Also T-REX is NOT aesthetic

I almost liked you. Sounded like you trained to actually DO something, but you're still an insecure vain little beyotch.
>>
>>35056036
this place is so fucking gay
>>
>>35056389
Sorry my bad
Can I see your ass no homo
>>
>>35056163
roasted
>>
File: fun-popsicle-molds.jpg (48 KB, 640x429) Image search: [Google]
fun-popsicle-molds.jpg
48 KB, 640x429
>>35055860
>Because "normies" know that noone gives a fuck about legs.
Normal people find guys with strong arms and thin legs so ridiculous in BR they are usually mocked by being called popsiclemen.
>>
>>35056095

I don't get this. What exactly is he doing?

I can't understand his brit bong moon language.
>>
>>35055860
fucking this so much.
i showed my bf some goal bodies that had monster quads and he was literally disgusted by them.

it sucks because i think squats are fun as fuark (especially atg front squats)

but instead i just do cleans, plyo, and gute training.
>>
>>35056529
Just as I'd advise guys not to give up on their goals because of their DYEL girlfriends, I will advise you not to give up on your goals because of your DYEL boyfriend.
>>
>>35056154
No, you don't understand. You have the lower body and you have no upper body, you got a problem building...wait a minute. You have the upper body, and you have no legs, you got a problem building your legs. You have the upper...you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, the upper body, it is easier to build. So if you have the lower body and you don't have the upper body, it is easier to build the upper body. You have the upper body and you don't have the legs, you got a problem building the lower body... Like i said You have the upper body, but you don't have the lower body, you got a problem building downstairs. You got the up- legs on the bottom, it is easier to build on the top, so you don't have much as a problem. Yeah.
>>
>>35056174
>What's the level of broscience in this?
high.
squats doesn't increase your test, or make your nervous system magically grow all the muscle.
>>
>>35056545
my thighs are already more than proportional, and that is with relatively large calves (18")

if anything my thighs are overdeveloped relative to my glutes, so i am focusing primarily on plyo and butt stuff
>>
>>35056565
It's funny because Jason has good legs and calves, this should show you how easy it is to train legs, yet the rest of his body is garbage
>>
>>35056590
>if anything my thighs are overdeveloped relative to my glutes, so i am focusing primarily on plyo and butt stuff

Oh that's a legit concern. Have to maintain balance and dat ass.
>>
File: it piss.jpg (167 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
it piss.jpg
167 KB, 1920x1080
>>35056591
>garbage
funny way to spell piss.
>>
>>35056425
Got em
>>
>>35056616
He looks the best I've ever seen him here. Photoshop?

He's always on stage 20 percent bf it's saddening and he always squishes his abs to make them look like abs
>>
because they are incredibly vain and only consider the top half of the body important, they don't see the great value in training your legs

I like to train my whole body because I want the full experience, and I'm not doing it for anyone else but self satisfaction
>>
File: 1389563714188.jpg (32 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
1389563714188.jpg
32 KB, 500x587
>>35057042
>>
>>35057054
>look mom i posted it again xD
>>
Debating leg day is one thing, but debating the usefulness of the barbell squat seems kind of stupid.

http://startingstrength.com/articles/squat_rippetoe.pdf

"...the squat is the only exercise in the weight room that trains the recruitment of the entire posterior chain in a way that is progressively improvable, and that is one of the things that
makes the squat the best exercise you can do with barbells and, by extension, the best strength exercise there is."
>>
>>35057266
Uh Rip dont deadlifts do all those things and actually use more muscle?
>>
File: 1348399909904.jpg (46 KB, 470x626) Image search: [Google]
1348399909904.jpg
46 KB, 470x626
>>35057266

>Starting Strength as reference
>>
>>35057459
What's wrong with that?
>>
>>35057490
He's selling a product and his methods. Squats aren't completely useless, but why do you need to do them?

Hmm, do I wanna be like Greg from kinobody or look like Jason blaha or mark
>>
>>35057378
What is a range of motion? What is jumping vs. hip extension?
>>
>>35055486
When i started lifting i thought that people skip leg day because you know, its not arms or chest.
Now when i worked up my numbers and started using actual weight, leg workout is most exhausting and nauseous of all. No wonder some poeple skip it.
>>
>>35057587
>Rippetoe sucks because he sells a product
>I prefer Gregg or Jason
>Ignores the fact Juggernaut and Kinobody are products
>>
File: 1448080351209.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1448080351209.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
So I've only been lifting for 4~ months but I'm making quick gains due to manletism. Been neglecting legs though, so I want to get on top of it. So far I've incorporated calf raises and the leg curl machine into my workout. Could I get better results by starting to squat?
>>
>>35055486
Cause they're weak faggots and pretenders. It's really amusing to know I can snap every generic bench bro's weak ass spine and core in half whenever I want
>>
>>35057777
No I prefer Greg, Jason and mark are the same except mark is somewhat successful
>>
File: check this atheists.jpg (34 KB, 166x183) Image search: [Google]
check this atheists.jpg
34 KB, 166x183
>>35057777

at least SS gets you nice QUADS
>>
>>35056058
not the guy you quoted but i want to train for aesthetics. having massive quads isn't aesthetic, it just looks retarded and makes finding fashionable pants needlessly hard if not impossible.
>>
>>35055736
>showing your powerlevel
>>
>>35055860
My working weight is 225 and I can do a 5k in 28 minutes.
I like my legs.
>>
>>35059155
>My working weight is 225 and I can do a 5k in 28 minutes.

On your mobility scooter?
>>
>>35057793
>leg curl machine
literally useless machine
>>
>>35056095
What a savage.
>>
>femanon here
Leg day is my favorite because I feel the strongest. My upper body strength is pretty shitty but doing a lot of cardio (running and stairmaster) has gotten me quad and hamstring muscles that feel GREAT after leg day. Still have to work out chest and arms so I can bench press like a pro eventually, should be the same principle for guys and squats/lower body exercises.
>>
>>35055486
>normies skip leg day
because they come from a nonathletic dyel shitlording background

if you play (most) sports, you get legs
>>
>>35059671
no it's not. it works the quads
>>
>>35056058

Didnt you forget something about unleashing the power of a full kinetic chain
>>
>>35056456
or cornetto
>>
>>35056174
>>35056192
>>35056575

It is bro-science but it is true.

The thought is that compressing the spine under heavy load increases HGH and testosterone production - which it does do, but only momentarily. What squatting does accomplish is the building of a sturdy back and abs, tight and mobile shoulders, and a strong posterior chain.

All of these things combined will take your personal posture to the next level. Maintaining large, open, dominant posture has been scientifically proven to sky rocket your free testosterone levels.

https://www.ted.com/talks/amy_cuddy_your_body_language_shapes_who_you_are?language=en
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.