[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hairloss thread realised the other day the top of my head is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 11
hairloss thread

realised the other day the top of my head is thinning, should i just get on fin? is it really that dangerous?
>>
>>35048044
read side-effects

why not try natural solution or implants?
>>
Been on fin and minoxidil for 7 months now. Made huge hair gains. Would recommend.
>>
>>35048270
Where can I buy them?
>>
>>35048270
I've heard that propecia works wonders but isn't minoxidil a meme? Why do nutrients matter when hair loss is caused by testosterone conversion?
>>
File: 1421748736671.gif (1 MB, 339x230) Image search: [Google]
1421748736671.gif
1 MB, 339x230
Shave your head. No half measures.
>>
>tfw too poor to afford minox and fin

i guess bald is life
>>
>>thinning

Shit, might as well go all the way and cosplay Saitama.
>>
>>35048044
your genes are shit and you should kill yourself
>>
Where do you guys get your fin/ dustasteride at? MJR has fin, but no clue on its legitimacy.
>>
>>35048044
Currently washing my hair with Nizoral. Taking Fin, using minox, and taking biotin. 4 months and noticing hair gains. Taking .25mg of fin. No sides and seems to be working.
>>
>>35048044
why do balding people care so much about balding? I literally don't give a fuck if someone I meet is bald or not.
>>
>>35048411
its only 4 bucks for a months worst at walmart. u get a pill cutter and cut it in fourths and take one of the pieces a day
go talk to the pharmacist at walmart about it. you dont even need insurance to get it for 4 bucks
>>
>>35048044
jesus christ his posture just gave me cancer

what teh fuck
>>
File: t6O7NbT.jpg (276 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
t6O7NbT.jpg
276 KB, 1024x768
>>35048085
>worried about <1% chance of a mild case of limp dick
>suggests natural bullshit
>suggests >$10,000 plastic surgery plastic surgery
>not knowing hair transplant surgeons usually prescribe finasteride anyway after surgery so transplanted hair won't fall out after a few years

I've been on fin for almost a year and the only side effect I've experienced is more hair on my head. OP get on fin ASAP if you want to keep your hair. Use minox if you need to regrow a lot of hair, but if you've only got mild thinning fin should do the trick by itself.
>>
>>35049143
Does finasteride prevent further recession, or does it only stop thinning?

I know I could Google, but you're already here and all....
>>
Not balding at all but shaved my head as an experiment for swimming.

I actually got compliments on my look, and I agreed I looked pretty good with a chrome dome. I did let my hair grow back though because no hair is cold as fuck.
>>
>>35048291
Both work have been clinically proven to reduce hair loss and promote hair growth. Neither has proven successful in regrowing hair on the temples however some people have been exceptions and had success. Minoxidil has far less side effects. Both need to be used for the rest of your life.
>>
>>35049218
You might keep receding a bit. Or it might stop it there too. The hairline is known to be notoriously hard to maintain/regrow. There's no way to really know until you try.

But fin will more than likely stop the rest of your hairloss and, if you're lucky, will give you some regrowth. I started minox about 4-5 months into fin because fin wasn't showing any regrowth, but it had definitely stopped my hairloss.
>>
>>35049242
I've been on fin for 1 year, minox for about 8 months. I've had great success so far everywhere BUT the temples. Just a bit of peach fuzz. But luckily I kind of dig my widow's peak.
>>
File: 1373061335614.jpg (388 KB, 1000x812) Image search: [Google]
1373061335614.jpg
388 KB, 1000x812
Been on propecia for three and a half years and my hairline is still receding, and thinning.
>>
>>35049271
>I've had great success so far everywhere BUT the temples.

Yeah, that's common. Regrowth on the temples with either is exceedingly rare. There are exceptions though.
>>
>>35049261

Thanks, anon. I have a pretty 'U' shaped hairline, but my hair style hides it pretty well. I'm not even entirely sure if im balding or if it's a mature hairline.

Also, where can I get some without a script?
>>
>>35049218
Not that dude, but fin is supposed to regrow substantially. I'm only on minoxidil and my hair regrowth is amazing. I am seriously so thankful.

>>35049227
Good for you man. Doesn't work for everyone. And for you it's a choice- pretty easy to feel good when you can change your mind whenever. Permanent hair loss is devastating. Women DO look at you differently. Going from a good looking dude whom people complimented on their looks often to someone whom women paid markedly less attention to and people teased for balding and being the "old guy" is depressing as fuck. Personally I'm in the military too so the obvious grow a beard thing wasn't possible.
Minoxidil alone was a godsend. My girlfriend is amazed and I can tell it makes a difference in her opinion of my appearance. Other girls/people are obviously more responsive/whatever.
You have no idea. Gonna get on fin too soon. Wanna keep this hair for life.
>>
>>35049287
>Also, where can I get some without a script?

Just get the script. It's ridiculously easy to get. My doctor acted as if I was wasting his time asking for it but gave me a 12 month prescription. I was impacted by the sides though so discontinued.
>>
>>35049302
Which side effects did you get?
>>
>>35049287
>mature hairline.
This meme needs to end. "Mature hairline" is just a pretty way to say "early stage of hair loss."
>>
>>35049311
Soft erections, low libido, headaches upon ejaculation, low energy
>>
>>35049327
Damn that sucks. Pretty much the only thing stopping me from going to the doc.
>>
>>35049287
You can order finasteride from overseas without a script, but people have gotten drastically mixed results because there's no way to know if the fin you're getting is legit or not. I strongly recommend getting a legit prescription.

It's easier than you think. Just go to your doc and ask for a prescription for finasteride. Ask for proscar. It's the exact same drug as propecia, except it's 5 mg finasteride instead of 1 mg finasteride, and is also WAY cheaper (don't ask why, it's a bunch of marketing bullshit). Cut the pill into quarters (amounts to about 1.25 mg per day) and take it that way.

If you live in America get the script sent to Costco. It's like $25 for a 3 month's supply and you don't need a membership to use their pharmacy.
>>
>>35049327
Dude this guy is a weak placebo - ridden faggot. That's literally horse shit. You were likely already that way m8
>>
>>35049317

That's what I've been afraid of.

It sucks that my looks are so dependant on my hair, I'd look like a fucking rapist if I lost it all.

I even won 'best hair' in high school lol
>>
>>35049355
All went away when I discontinued. I personally think that the 2% of subjects experiencing side effects from the clinical trials is bullshit, I think it's much higher just by anecdotal testimony on the Internet, but you won't know if you're impacted until you try it. Nothing to really lose.
>>
>>35049366
Do you sell the shit or something?

Wasn't there before use, Wasn't there after discontinuing use. It was the finasteride.
>>
I went on 1mg fin once a day, minoxdil twice a day and ketoconazole once a week for 2 years and i still lost my hair (and about 1000 dollars)
It did not work one bit for me. No side effects except a dry scalp. Know that it works for some people, but everyone i'v ever talked to has had the same experience
>>
>>35049371
I'm in your boat family. Hopefully Breezula gets released Before my hairline reaches my ass crack.
>>
>>35049361

$25? I was under the impression that since it's a "cosmetic" reason it would be way more. or am I just dumb?
>>
>>35049296
Hm. Yea you're right, if my hair ever does go down the shitter at least I know I won't be a fucking golem.

Thanks anon. I usually keep some jaw scruff so it evens out. I can't do a full beard yet sadly.
>>
>>35049385
Sounds like your hair loss had nothing to do with hormones.
>>
>>35049372
>I think it's much higher just by anecdotal testimony on the Internet

People who aren't having problems tend to not go online and complain about how many problems they're not having.
>>
>>35048522
>why do balding people care so much about balding? I literally don't give a fuck if someone I meet is bald or not.
Not balding, but it's not about you or your attitude of, "Oh that guy I met in the meeting was bald, but I don't care and I'll probably never see him or think of him again."

It's about their confidence, self-esteem and perceived / actual success in relationships / picking up.

My friend is losing his hair badly, and it's the elephant in the room. He won't talk about it, and just wears hats EVERYWHERE, even to nightclubs. It looks totally ridiculous.

I feel bad for him, but I don't know how to bring it up, I don't know if he's even doing anything about it (but I know it obviously bothers him).
>>
>>35049394

We just have to stick it out, man. will breezula be like minox, as in applied to the scalp daily?
>>
>>35049416
Not amongst hair loss forums. They're generally a mopey bunch regardless but if they have any modicum of success they will shout it with glee to anyone who will listen.

Regardless, the amount of people who seemingly experience side effects would seem higher than a 2% user base would suggest. The clinical trials were done with a small sample. An aberration in this wouldn't be too surprising.
>>
>>35049424
Literally go tell him what you just told us, but be private. Be a man. Be a friend. Tell him to either start on something or shave it off.
>>
>>35049430
Yup, but it works on a different method to Minoxidil. Currently in phase two of clinical trials.
>>
>>35049432

10,000-20,000 people is a small sample?
>>
>>35049435
You reckon? Are you a baldy? How would you want it to be brought up?
>>
>>35049415
Well, i think its just MPB, my dad lost his hair in his early twenties, so did his father.
Had my thyroid checked and there was nothing wrong with that.
luckily for me i was a 8-9 with hair, so im about a 7 now, so i still get the ladies.
>>
>>35049401

Nope it really is that cheap. The difference is that propecia is listed as a drug for hair loss. Proscar isn't, even though it's the same drug, so prescribing it for hairloss is considered off-label use.
>>
>>35049451
I would want a close friend to be real with me and say "you're balding. Do something about it".
>>
>>35049438

Thanks for the info, I hadn't even heard of that before. Definitely keeping my eyes open.

Hopefully it isn't stupid expensive when it comes out
>>
>>35049446
Clinical trials for finasteride used 1553 men.
>>
>>35049461
>Hopefully it isn't stupid expensive when it comes out

Unfortunately I wouldn't get your hopes up high.
>>
I've been on minox for like 5 years.

I was only losing at the temples. I experienced maybe a slight regrowth, but nothing too crazy.

Considering going on Fin, but the side effects scare me. I can't reach orgasm during sex most of the time, and I've never been able to make gains very well. The idea of making things even worse sounds unbearable.

Anyone had permanent side effects, or did it all go away when you discontinued taking it?
>>
>>35049468

"A compilation of all the largest studies conducted on finasteride."

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/21ffox/a_compilation_of_all_the_largest_studies/
>>
>notice hair thinning on head
>going to doctor next thursday

Here's to hoping it's just thyroid bullshit that I probably inherited from my mother. At least it should be possible to treat even if it's gonna cost me.
>>
>>35049461
You know how expensive it is to bring a new drug to the market? On average one billion dollars in regulations, red tape, and other assortments of shit. That doesn't include cost of production and R&D either.

And people wonder why pills that cost 11 cents to make are sold for 100,000 times more than that.
>>
>>35049506

You could also go to a dermatologist and have them check for hair miniaturization, which is a sure sign of MPB rather than some other condition.
>>
Minoxidil worth it for someone with a dry scalp? I already have to blast myself with Head and Shoulders to stop it snowing all year round. Will Min fuck my shit up?
>>
>>35049527

Can't say I know much about the pharmacy business, but that makes sense in a very discouraging, shitty way
>>
>>35049495
Just came from propeciahelp to read horror stories. Doesn't sound worth it senpai. If Minox alone works, stick to it.
>>
>>35049606

You ever tried T-gel? Helped with my dandruff.
>>
>>35049606
Switch to Nizoral shampoo if you have dandruff AND are worried for your hair.
>>
>>35048317
its so fucking nice to shave your head. ive started doing that and been doing it for the past 2 months now. really comfortable
>>
>>35049687
Not gonna deny that a shaven head is comfy as fuck. But I look like a doofy-ass alien without hair.
>>
>>35049721
i know i look stupid with a bald head but thats what fuels me. i shaved a day before i started going to the gym with the goal of being able to look good bald. GOTTA GET BIG, GOTTA GET STRONK
>>
>>35049648

I'd like to regrow some though. Sucks always having to hide my temples.
>>
>>35049648
propeciahelp is full of fear-mongering hypochondriacs
>>
File: 6 month update.jpg (660 KB, 1821x1152) Image search: [Google]
6 month update.jpg
660 KB, 1821x1152
Here is a 6 month progress pic of minoxidil/finasteride/nizoral twice a week.
>>
>>35049850
Amazing progress. What are your continued plans for tackling hair loss?
>>
>>35049850
Get new frames, poindexter
>>
>>35049884
Keep going with what has been working. Still taking 1.25 mgs a day of fin, and still seeing more and more results. Continue minoxidil foam twice a day. And nizoral on Sundays/Thursdays.
>>
>>35049895
Sweet. Have you had any sides from the fin?
>>
File: 6 month update 2.png (3 MB, 3170x1920) Image search: [Google]
6 month update 2.png
3 MB, 3170x1920
>>35049894
Yeah I've gotten contacts. I really only wear the glasses in the photos because I wore them in all my day 1 pictures. Here is from another view.
>>
>>35049894

Top fucking kek.

>>35049850

I mean, you ARE making progress. But I guess that's why they say it's easier to prevent baldness than to fix it from nothing.
>>
>>35049909
Had some testicular pain for a while, like two weeks? Not sure if it was from fin or minox. Other then that none that I noticed. I took Accutane when I was in highschool and had no sides so I figured I'd try finasteride. Went to the doctor and got a prescription really easy. Only costs like $30 for a six month supply here in Canada.
>>
>>35049850
Why not just should it
>>
>>35049954
*shave
>>
>>35049911
Neat. I used to wear glasses too so I know the pain lel.

I do see some nice progress.
>>
>>35049963
I rocked the shaved look for a while. I have a small head though, like if I were to wear a fitted hat it'd be like a 7 or 7 1/8. I also workout, so I thought I looked weird with this tiny head and big? body
>>
>>35049911
Do they make you turn red aswell?
>>
>>35049986
First pic was in April (-15*C here in April). Later pictures are from summer months where I was able to get a tan.
>>
>>35049850
do you think you will get much more regrowth past that?
>>
>>35050026
Absolutely. At the six month picture update most of the gains are from the minox. Two weeks after that last picture I went through a month long shed. Now my hair is coming in thicker and fuller, and I am noticing more and more baby hairs sprouting up along my hair line. Fin takes something like two years to really kick in.
>>
>>35050043
good luck bro

i think im gonna try get on fin soon too
>>
File: IMG_20151126_204139443_HDR.jpg (740 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_204139443_HDR.jpg
740 KB, 1080x1920
>>35050048
Just snapped another pic. This is about 7 - 7.5 months in. Yeah yeah I'm wearing the same hoody haha
>>
>>35050065
Looks a lot better, man. Keep it up!

[spoiler]you still need new frames :^)[/spoiler]
>>
>>35050065
Miring those follicle gains. Keep going bro. This is making me seriously consider getting some minox. I'm 30 and still have essentially a full head of but it is thinning and becoming more noticeable. I figure if minox can do that for you it can help me keep mine until I'm 40+, at which point I probably won't give a fuck about hair anymore.
>>
>>35050065
If this is real I'm very impressed. Well done man, keep it up.
>>
>>35049850
Don't let the haters hate. The fact that you're seeing anything at 6 months is promising and of itself. Keep on trucking with the treatments. You won't see optimal results until at least 2 years in.
>>
>bald at 18, been shaving my head since
>currently 20
>tfw my family and friends rip on me for my hairloss
>tfw I just want to lift weights and read books alone
>>
File: img000046.jpg (698 KB, 1720x1236) Image search: [Google]
img000046.jpg
698 KB, 1720x1236
i started going bald at 20, i was pretty shattered and wore hats/beenies but decided to shave it off.

People can notice if your self conscious of balding or if you dont give a fuck (usually the 50+) and most people dont give a fuck if you shave it off, looks better then balding thats for sure and some girls love to rub your head

>next comic-con outfit
>>
>>35051305
Family is the worst when talking about hairloss
>"no anon, your hair looks fine :-)"
>" no anon, you already had this cowlick your whole life, why go on finasteride ? "
>>
>>35051476
iktf brah. like 3ish months ago I started shaving it, took me a few weeks to get a good schedule going, and get used to the change. Now I shave on the fortnight. Way cheaper than drugs
>>
>>35051487
Iktfb. Not much more annoying than your family in denial of your hairloss. "why do you buzz it you still have hair" because I don't want to look like George Costanza or those insecure baldfags who gel their practically see through hair up to try and look less bald. I imagine fat people feel the same way when people tell them they're not fat.
>>
File: minox.jpg (747 KB, 2391x1676) Image search: [Google]
minox.jpg
747 KB, 2391x1676
Started applying minox to my beard two months ago as well as my hair.

The picture speaks for itself.
>>
>>35052367
Shit bro, amazing results. Congrat !
>>
does this shit work for girls?
sister's recovering from anorexia and her hair thinned substantially. she's doing better and eating right but there's not much hair regrowth to be seen and thin hair is really pathetic and sad on girls. like yeah apparently you can get extensions but that doesn't fix the whole her-hair's-so-thin-her-scalp-is-super-visible problem.

I told her to shave it off for keks and she said she doesn't want to look like a tumblr tranny.
>>
>>35052439
Minoxidil works for girls, but she could also use a coverage like Toppik to hide the scalp skin.
>>
>>35052494
neat, will look into both, thanks
>>
>>35052367
Congrats man
>now fix ur fuggin face
>>
>>35052439
They have a version for women but I'm sure her hair will return once her diet returns to normal. Get her on a high protein diet with zinc supps.
>>
Here's what I did.

I started with Rogaine (Minoxidil). It is to regrow thinning hair. It does not regrow hair in places that is already bald, usually around the temples where most guys start balding first. It does not prevent hair loss. It just makes what hair you currently have thicker. Propecia (Finasteride) prevents further hair loss. For best results, use both. Neither have any bad side effects. The limp dick on Propecia is nothing. Like less than 2% get it. You can get hair transplant surgery. They basically cut a section of scalp from the back of your head, take the hair follicles, and implant them into your forehead. Then you got to take medication for life to prevent your body from rejecting them. And if you are used to short hairstyles, then you are likely going to show your scar cause these surgeons fucking suck. Would not recommend unless you could gain like an inch of hairline back. Any less and the money/scar/medication isn't worth it.
>>
>>35050065
holy shit thats awesome
>>
I want to get on a propecia/rogain regiment, but I've heard some horror stories about what it can do to your fertility, so scurred.
19 btw
>>
can any of this help my receding hair line?
>>
>>35049432
it's far higher than 2% trust me
not saying it will happen to everyone , some people (like me) are just more sensitive to dht blockers, i have friends who use fin with no sides, i would still suggest to try it but take care and be safe
>>
The official data for fin side effects is total bullshit.
Just go to hairloss forums and read about people who use fin. The vast majority of them end up having sides of some sort.
Of course, the studies conducted by Merck will say otherwise, they would never say that their drug is bad. Just like they stated that DHT is useless, when it's not.

Also this
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=85335&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear
>>
>thought my hair was thinning at 18
>see through when spiked up etc.
>patchy hairline
>now 28 and same thickness (NW2 now though)
Do I just have thin hair?
>>
>>35053013
i don't see why hair regrowth is worth losing your sex drive for.

I've been losing my hair for years but I still have a good amount left. I've come to terms with it and i'm okay with shaving it off when the time comes.
>>
>>35053040
Could be. I can see through my hair if I lift it up as well but my hairline is fine, while my friend has overall thicker hair, but his hairline is going to shit
>>
Just want to let you all know that being completely bald before the age of 40 is uncommon. Most of you who are seeing temple recession in your early 20's (like me) will likely have the rate of hairloss Jude Law has.

Btw almost all men recede in their early 20's, the best thing to do is not to be anxious over it. A good sense of fashion will alter how people see you, you will go from dad bald to chic bald. Don't go on /fa/ though, just buy magazines and emulate the models.
>>
>>35049218
Fin only prevents. Minoxodil makes it regrow. So you have to take both simultaneously.
>>
>>35053044
Treatments can be good.
CB0301 is in the horizon and might be the holy grail, but we'll see about that.
The thing is, finasteride is way more dangerous than the official data say. All you have to do is ask any long term user.
>>
what happens if someone with no symptoms takes finasteride and minoxidil?
>>
>>35053104
minoxidil won't do anything except maybe make your hair unnoticeably thicker if you suffer from minimal hair loss, fin would help prevent hair loss but it's not worth the risk of side effects in the long run imo
>>
File: 1446843356260.png (829 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1446843356260.png
829 KB, 1000x600
OP im on fin. Have been for 2 years. It completely stopped my hairloss and grew back like 6 months worth of hair. Its amazing. zero sides

dont listen to all these cunts who ARENT USING FINASTERIDE and yet talking shit about it

I havent lost my sex drive whatsoever. I have a gf who im barely attracted to and i fuck her regularly and always get it up. I even cheat on her with tinder hoes on the side. Does that sound like someone with a low sex drive?

Its like taking a sugar pill in terms of sides. I dont even think about balding anymore. Whereas it used to stress me out 24/7

Listen to me or dont i dont give a fuck its ur lofe bud. Just sayin that the cure is ALREADY ON THE MARKET and youre most people are too afraid to even TRY it. Its pathetic lol. If it affects you in some bad way then just stop taking it? At least TRY
>>
>>35053129
>dont listen to all these cunts who ARENT USING FINASTERIDE and yet talking shit about it
I used it. 0.25 daily, and the sides were fucking terrible. I'm not saying people shouldn't use it, some do and have no sides for years. But they come eventually, fin is far from harmless.
And please read the link in >>35053013
>>
>>35048044
just stop being so vain
not everyone is going to care as much as you do
>>
>>35048522
If I was losing my hair, I'd be devastated. I'm 25 and still look really young and I love it. People always think I'm barely 20. I guess I'm super low test or something, I don't know. I know it sounds like a nightmare to most people here, but it's really great for scoring pussy.

If I lost my hair I would look so shitty, for real. I'd probably wear a beanie for the rest of my life and tell people i have cancer or something and at least get some pity pussy. My head has a really shitty shape too.

Fortunately it looks great genetically.
>>
Can anyone confirm about this pumpkinseed, jigsaw palm natural hormone treatment or whatever it is. Everywhere i look people say it works but im still not buying it...
>>
>>35053555
Something tells me that if you tell people you have cancer to get laid, you'll probably get cancer.
>>
>>35053575
Yeah, I'd totally deserve that, no question.
>>
>>35053129
paid shills

they use google alerts to know everytime theres a hair loss thread and they come and shill

DUDE IT DOESNT CAUSE CANCER AND ED

DUDE YOU WONT SHED RAPIDLY AS SOON AS YOU STOP TAKING IT
>>
File: hage.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hage.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>not going one punch man mode
>>
some of you guys are insecure as fuck. just shave it and stop worrying. I know it's hard to believe, but there are actually girls out there that who think bald guys are hot (or don't give a shit).
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.