[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you deal with everyone treating you different after becoming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1447036850247.jpg (53 KB, 414x374) Image search: [Google]
1447036850247.jpg
53 KB, 414x374
How do you deal with everyone treating you different after becoming even somewhat /fit/?
I'm still the same loser as before but now people treat me nicely and I know it's because I'm not longer fat as fuck and it feels incredibly fake and makes me feel even more alone.
>>
I noticed that people started treating me with more respect after I escaped DYEL mode. I like it.
>>
>>35045550
idk people make jokes about me needing to go to the gym all the time but whatever man
>>
You will just have to get fat again. Be your true self.
>>
>>35045550
i literally became a sociopath

Before i got fit, i had 5 really close friends. Closer than family at times. They still live at my birthplace, small village in the mountains.

I live in a bigger city now. I have at least 40+ people here that i would call friends. None of them knows my former self. They only ever have seen me /fit with good fashion sense and a nice haircut. Basically only the me that made it.
I do not have any kind of emotional connection to any of them. Not even to my girlfriend, that i've been in a relationship with for 2 months now. When i arrived here in town, i wanted to see how people react to my new self, not knowing anything about me. It was overwehlming - suddenly i was super popular, everybody wanted to be my friend, lost my v-card in 1 week, got invited to all the good clubs/partys. But i treat it all like a videogame, because deep down inside i know that this is all fake. Sometimes i will play my friends against each other out of pure boredom.

Only my old friends know my real me.
>>
>>35045561
>>35045580
Both these happened to me. I'm still the insecure, shy, awkward, quiet beta I've always been, but now girls expect me to be smooth and have game. lolnope.
>>
Your body has changed. The way people view you has changed. Now it only makes sense to change the way you view yourself. I'm currently doing this and the effects are eye opening pun intended tbhfam
>>
>>35045550

Omg

I played this game so fucking much as a little kid. Haven't thought about it in probably at least 10 years.. Thanks for the memories senpai
>>
File: Trent Rezfeel.png (72 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
Trent Rezfeel.png
72 KB, 645x773
Lost 150 pounds after ending the eating habits I was taught by my parents.

At best my Parents are concerned, and guilt tripped me into seeing a doctor and getting blood work. So I caved. he told me he was proud of me. blood work and everything was within the normal range.

At their worst, they make fun of me for eating healthy, cutting carbs and all that. At the same time if I'm over there my mom will give me contradictory advice and snide little comments. Like say I feel confident enough to eat in front of them, and I have an extra portion of protein she says "do you really need to eat that?" Meanwhile she's making herself a smoothie with all these healthy ingredients but then add grape juice concentrate and sugar to it then say "THIS is what you should be eating."

My dad will buy chips and ice cream then tempt me with it, rolling his eyes every time I politely refuse. He and my brother are over 6'1 and have inherited a super metabolism that leaves them pretty skinny no matter how much they eat. I don't get that sort of blessing, I have to protect myself.

My little brother is an apathetic shithead who eats and eats and eats and never gains any weight. He'll sometime make snide comments and if he doesn't get his way, he'll threaten me. I took him up on his offer a month or two back and beat the shit out of him, we haven't talked since

Only my sister knows where I'm coming from. She's /fit/ and she was the one who got me going to the gym and is my lone voice of defense. Strange considering that I had nothing to do with each other for years

And to top it all off, I still have a really low confidence brought on by spending my entire teenage years going from chubby to fat, then my first 5 years in my twenties going from fat to 15 pounds shy of 300 pounds, as well as the body image problems that come with it. So I don't really defend myself and call them out on their shit.

I'm going to make it, but a lot of people around me sure as shit aren't making it easy.
>>
>>35045550
People are friendlier to me, it seems, but im also tired of defending my dietary choices and constantly having people feel the need to make comments whenever it comes up

>keto
>pescetarian
>"you need to eat bread"
>"lets go out for ice cream"
>"your body NEEDS carbs"
>"you're eating too much meat"
>"here, have some fruit"

>I ride my bike everyday to get to work/campus
>"don't you exercise, ever?"
>"you need to lift weights"
>it's like they don't know what "Cutting" is

f u c k o f f
u
c
k

o
f
f
>>
>>35045550
Yes, people behave differently towards me, but it's really not about my physique. It's all about confidence and the way you behave and talk. Posture is a large part of those factors. I used to get really nervous when talked to, like the most awkward autist you can imagine. After the first times working out I felt great about myself, and that changed my behaviour. Suddenly I interpreted little things I observed positively and not negatively. It doesn't even matter whether it's true or not (it probably is not), but girls looking at me were admiring and not looking down on me, people who talked to me were respectful and not patronizing etc. It's amazing how much you project the way you feel about yourself on other people.
>>
File: 981.jpg (26 KB, 393x352) Image search: [Google]
981.jpg
26 KB, 393x352
>>35046095
>He and my brother are over 6'1 and have inherited a super metabolism that leaves them pretty skinny no matter how much they eat. I don't get that sort of blessing, I have to protect myself.
Are you me?
>>
>>35045607
Are you me

Except fuck the mountains, I moved from outer london to slightly inner london lel
>>
>>35045550

I just smile, thank them for their compliment, then carry on. I found once I stopped trying to out meta everyone and be effectively a simpleton, life became a lot easier
>>
>>35045607
Bro, you need to realize that people, including you, aren't the same person their entire life. You've changed for the better, and you need to let go of your old self.
>>
>>35046196
>people surprise me with sweets and i feel bad if i dont eat them

I AM TRYING TO DIET HERE
>>
>>35045607
Lol, you're not fucking sociopathic, you're just socially anxious.
>>
I don't get why you faggots are so upset about people treating you differently after you lose weight. When you're a fatasfatass fuck or a spooky skeleton people don't treat you with nearly as much respect, and why should they?

If you don't respect yourself enough to be for and tale care of your body, why should anyone else?
>>
>>35046840
Fit and take care if yourself*
>>
>>35045607

The real you sounds like a dick.
>>
>>35045550
I didn't know it was a real thing. Used to be a fat fuck and told the same jokes and same personality and was loved by my antics. Now being fitter not even crazy fit just fitter than I was, I'm all of a sudden a horrible human being douche bag that is arrogant and puts people down.

I am not going to adjust who I am if people are insecure with me. I just kept the friends that understood me and found better people to be around than toxic fatties
>>
>Lost a fair amount of weight(~100 lbs)
>"Damn, anon, you lost some weight. How are you doing it?"
>"Just eating less."
>"Nice. You look good, man."
>"T-thanks."

Honestly no one's given me shit about it. My brother (350+ lbs) sometimes jokes that I'm anorexic, and I had my manager at work(400+ lbs) ask if I was sick, but that's about it.

People don't treat me any differently because I'm still the same awkward autist I was when I weighed 260.
>>
>>35046915
Cont.
Being fat and telling jokes people don't feel bad about themselves.

Found out that being semi-fit and telling jokes then everyone who isn't at your level or better start to get mad at you.
>>
>>35045550
omg I loved this game
>>
>>35045550
It was all about that machete tho
>>
After getting some size any of my friends dont have the balls to fuck with me, guess it gave me some more respect and dominance
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 258x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 258x400
>mfw when you're still dyel but your straight friend suddenly hits on you.
>>
>>35047487
Go on..
>>
>>35045550

People are shallow. It's a fact of life and getting upset about it will only make you unhappy. It's important to let go and not think about these things too much because it will only hold you back.
>>
>>35046439
Fuck, I spent so much time in high school going down the "meta, self aware, cutting edge, know-it-all" hipster rabbithole that it's practically ingrained in the way I think. Everything I saw or interacted with was like some presentation or act that I would analyze and think I "got" every aspect of, although I was still pretty beta and autistic in many social situations.

I seriously think lifting has helped me get out of that mindset and be more of a participant in the real world rather than an observer and criticizer.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.