[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to prevent any muscle loss on a hard cut? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: 1445484579510.jpg (123 KB, 436x623) Image search: [Google]
1445484579510.jpg
123 KB, 436x623
Is there any way to prevent any muscle loss on a hard cut?

I had a bad bulk that I didn't start from leanness, need to lose about 40lbs to get to 10% bodyfat.

How do I keep my gains? No, I will not use any needles
>>
>>35044098
>40lb
>bad bulk
try a slight deficit.Couple hundred calories if you don't lose weight take some more off.If you are concerned you are losing a lot of strength adjust it.
That being said it is a cut and you will lose some strength.
>>
File: 1446575819002.jpg (39 KB, 356x332) Image search: [Google]
1446575819002.jpg
39 KB, 356x332
>>35044235
by bad bulk i mean i gained a lot of fat along with the muscle. i'm a manlet, won't say what height but below the average of 5'10. started at like 150lbs 15-17%, came off the bulk at 215 and like 25-30%. i have to go down to like 175 to look good.
>>
>>35044270
>>35044235
it took 2 years btw
>>
>>35044270
I know I was being sarcastic.Anyways counting calories will help if you don't.Or just do cardio.Keep in mind bulking doesn't mean eating like a pig.Did your stats atleast go up a lot?
Height is only a concern to vapid cunts brah if it messes with you I recommend getting off /fit/ no one acts like this in real life
>i don't give a shit about your height and you shouldn't even if you are 5'3
>>
>>35044098
Well, that's not really a lot. I dropped 45lbs in 3 months this spring. Lost some strength but I got it back in 2-3 months without gaining back the fat.
>>
>>35044319
oh and remember to weigh yourself weekly in the morning after shitting and pissing but before eating or drinking that way you have a consistent way of checking how much you've gained/lost.And you can adjust your caloric intake as needed.
>>
File: shit.jpg (116 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
116 KB, 1920x1080
>>35044319
yeah they went up like fuck. im 5'7. i was a weakling skinnyfat cunt at 150lb. that was after i cut from dyel fat 190 mode. hated being small, wanted to get big.

lifts were something like this
before
>bench 135 for reps
>row 60lb DB for reps
>shoulder press 40s DBs
>leg press 4pl8 on each side of sled

now
>incline bench 185 for reps, flat the 100 DBs for reps
>row 100 DB for reps
>shoulder press 65s DBs (yeah my shoulders and chest are shit, have a much stronger back)
>leg press 8 plates each side

im also 18, started lifting around 15.
>>
>>35044370
what about lifts like squat dead lift?Sorry I can't say much about your lifts I just know shit since I lurked /fit/ since I was young.
>>
>>35044405
don't do em. i work an outdoor, heavy labor type job and squats and deadlifts basically put me out of commission for that, so i just leg press.
>>
File: jucy7.jpg (239 KB, 800x1033) Image search: [Google]
jucy7.jpg
239 KB, 800x1033
>>35044418
Keep up lifting man I started when I was 15 as well but quit after a year.Getting back into it at 19.
I recommend them they're part of the big four for a reason.But if you can't you can't.
Anyways I gotta go just so you know if anyone insults you it's not me.And don't you ever quit lifting
>>
Literally the key to your cut is your diet. Keep lifting heavy with myofibrillar sets in your 4-6 range, but concentrate on getting about 1.2 times your weight in grams of protein, .75-1g per lb of your bodyweight in carbs, and .2 times your bodyweight in grams of fat. Eat a steady few hundred calories under your BMR, and watch your macros carefully and you'll do fine. If you keep lifting heavy and follow that, you will maximize muscle retention and fat loss.
>>
35044629 has got it spelled out for you. Find out your BMR, eat below that calorie benchmark, BUT DO NOT cut any of the protein out. .75-1g/lb is a fine guesstimate.

Another myth is that you need to remove fat from your diet. That shit is healthy, and even though it's called fat, it's the carbs you eat (and don't expend) that make you fat. Leave the protein and fat,cut as many carbs until you have bare minimum for energy in workouts, and don't skip workouts, and you'll be ripped with no losses.

FYI you will have less strength on a cut, so don't care about PRs as much.
>>
>>35044098
>Is there any way to prevent any muscle loss on a hard cut?
I'm currently doing lyle mcd's rapid fat loss diet. it's supposed to do exactly that, i.e. a crash diet that tries to prevent losing muscle mass. people who've done it report good results, but I'm just a week in so it's hard to say at this point.
>>
File: 1448481240315.jpg (397 KB, 1000x1230) Image search: [Google]
1448481240315.jpg
397 KB, 1000x1230
Bodyweight training and/or lean muscle consumption. You got this bro.
>>
>hard cut
>not losing too many muscles

you may pick both, but only if you also pick:
>turning in your natty card
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.