[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished my first month in the gym but I realised I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: kettlebell-evolution-28kg-shop.jpg (73 KB, 1000x833) Image search: [Google]
kettlebell-evolution-28kg-shop.jpg
73 KB, 1000x833
I just finished my first month in the gym but I realised I can't afford it anymore. I've been told I should just buy kettlebells and I can work my entire body with them. Is this true?
>>
no, it's a meme
>>
>>35042412
no
>>
>>35042412
what can you do with kettlebells that you can't do with an adjustable dumbbell?

you know why people don't use dumbbells for full body work?

because its garbage.

you can do full body cardio with kettlebells, sure... but not full body strength training.
>>
File: oly db.jpg (20 KB, 300x247) Image search: [Google]
oly db.jpg
20 KB, 300x247
>>35042453
>you know why people don't use dumbbells for full body work?
>because its garbage.
and even then you could inarguably get a better fullbody workout with db.

your legs would be lacking, but you could do heavy dumbbell pistol squats, and heavy goblet squats, which is better than anything you could expect from kettlebells
plus dumbbell handles and weights are much cheaper.

you basically would be able to do most things except deadlift (Which is a crucially important lift), squat (Which is also very important), and clean/power clean (great lift as well)

so its much preferable to overpriced and less useful kettlebells.

don't fall for modern fitness memes.
>>
>>35042429
>>35042432
>>35042453
What is the point of kettlebells at all fuck.
>>35042412
Buy a barbell and weights its a good investments.Then buy a powercage,bench and dumbells when you can.
>this is all you need
>>
>>35042472
Don't listen to these faggots.
Kettlebells are awesome, but only for certain things.
They're not a replacement for barbell lifts or give you the isolation of dumbells.
But they're God tier for dynamic work.
Snatching and swinging kettlebells will tire you out fast. High rep work will help u build up gpp but they won't add much if any muscle.
/fit/ doesn't care about work capacity so they hate any tools that could be used to increase it.
>>
File: 1440109509036.jpg (119 KB, 622x712) Image search: [Google]
1440109509036.jpg
119 KB, 622x712
>mfw an american called a bobbing bellend buster a legitimate "full-body functional exercize" unironically near me
>>
>>35042472
>What is the point of kettlebells at all fuck

They look cooler as a sticker on the back of your SUV, escpecially with your crossfit box's name printed on them.
>>
>>35043785
>Snatching and swinging kettlebells will tire you out fast.
you can do that with dumbbells, tho. for swings just put all the plates on one side, and a small plate (like a 5) on the other to use as a handle, and kettlebell snatches are literally a variation of the dumbbell snatch
enjoy your no-gains because you are running on pure cortisol and doing aerobics instead of anaerobics
>>
>>35043843
to be fair, that is the kind of nonsense joe rogan would spew, and he is pretty jacked.
>>
>>35042412
Kettlebells are fun, but if you're serious about lifting you should get dumbbells off craigslist. For a lot of lifts, kettlebells are awkward and hard to manipulate.
>>
>>35043890
You can also do bench press with a tree branch. Doesn't mean it's the best tool for the job. Stop with your irrational hate of kettlebells, they have their place.
>>
>>35042412
Kettlebells are great. But whether or not they're the right tool for you is going to depend on what you're trying to achieve.
Although some muscle can certainly be built using kettlebells, if you have access to some decently heavy ones, kettlebells are NOT ideal for getting swole. Traditional dumbbell and barbell work will get you there much faster.

Kettlebells aren't good for training maximal strength either.

But if you're just looking to be healthy and fit, and move well, they're great.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.