[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypertrophy Tempo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: TEMPO.png (99 KB, 407x412) Image search: [Google]
TEMPO.png
99 KB, 407x412
Lets talk tempo for hypertrophy for a second, cause I feel like the world may be trolling me.

In my 5 years of lifting I have always used the 3-0-1-1 tempo for my lifts. In those 5 years I have NEVER EVER seen ANYONE lift with the same tempo as me. Isn't this supposed to be ideal???

Every Single one of these fucks lifted explosively then if they really know what they we're doing, they would control the weight down still going as fast as they could, maybe achieving a 1-0-1-0 tempo, at the best a 1.5-0-1-0.

I have 2 questions.

Is the world trolling me?

I thought that you we're supposed to pause and squeeze your muscles at the top of your lift, resulting in 3-0-1-1, but all my research as of late is saying 3-0-1-0 is optimal. Was the pause/squeeze at the top proven pointless?
>>
I research just about everything myself, and have never been driven to a point of confusion to need to post on a forum or /fit/. Really need some input on this.
>>
God damn it, one of you must have an opinion.

WHY IS THE WORLD TROLLING THIS TOPIC SO HARD /WRISTS
>>
>things that don't actually fucking matter: The thread.
>>
>>35007090
Why doesn't it matter. Show me studies, cause I can show you studies.
>>
Ok, you are all 1-0-1-0 autists who care about nothing but how much weight people in the gym see them lifting.

/fit/ is shit
>>
Why does tempo matter?
>>
File: 1445835097944.jpg (29 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1445835097944.jpg
29 KB, 306x306
go away op
>>
>>35007181
Time under tension affects hypertrophy gains.

There are numerous studies proving this.
>>
>>35007192
>>
Typically I try to push or pull the weight into the required position based on the lift. Then I return to the starting position and do it again until my set is done. Then over time I increase the weight to compensate for the fact that the lift becomes easier. Maybe you should try doing that instead of writing sheet music.
>>
>>35007206
Cool, I don't do bodybuilding but that's good to know. Is there any metric showing the average % of mass gained by time under tension?
>>
I have no idea what your tempo is
I lift like this for example a curl
>up 1 beat
>top 2 beats
>down 3 beats
>bottom 1 beat

Like you said I focus on the squeeze at the top and slowly lowering the weight
>>
>>35007168
> breaking reps into 4 stages and measuring time.
> we're autistic

Yeah sure.

The rest of the world does 1-0-1-0 because they want to handle heavy weight and get strong, not fuck around with an extremely specific ways of complicating a lift. Want bugger muscles? Slow the eccentric. Want Speed? Faster concentric.

You're not going to see significant improvement with ultra specific timings, because lifting weights doesn't have a Konami code in the form of rep times.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.