[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 120x90
Im going to the gym for the first time in my life. Any tips?
>>
>>35004147
don't spill your spaghettis
>>
>>35004147
watch out for Big P
>>
>>35004147

If you don't know what a machine does don't use it and look it up online
>>
>>35004147
Do some research before hand, look up videos on good form, dont be afraid to ask for advice, dont feel intimidated by anyone else, dont lose motivation and have fun.
>>
>>35004147
Squat your own bodyweight
>>
>>35004222
Basically this also nice trips
>>
>>35004331
Nice meme
>>
>>35004147
Suck the dick of the most alpha guy there to assert your dominance
>>
>>35004147
Good luck bro and make sure to tip the receptionist enough so they remember you quick and hook you up.
>>
Don't use the smith machine
>>
m8s I'm afraid of going to gym because I know my form isn't perfect

Squat, deadlift, OHP (The Press). I'm not even flexible enough to squat low, and probably not enough to deadlift. How can I practice these alone, is it even possible?
>>
>>35004147
Enjoy your doms

I mean that

I miss it...
>>
>>35004479
1st time leg doms

1st time trap doms

Shit those were the days
>>
>>35004486
>glute doms

Getting out of chairs became the fight off your life. Now I knock chairs over because I'm so trained to FIAH DEM GLUTES and HIPPU DRIVAH
>>
>>35004458
Stretch for flexibility. Even the least flexible fucker can deadlift though, what you have to worry about there is your form. If you're insecure about that, ask someone to check it out for you. No deadlifts are better than wrong deadlifts. Start out within your comfort range of weight until you have the proper form, this goes for all exercises.
>>
>>35004147
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>35004445
I miss this meme :(
>>
>>35004168
Or ask the gym staff. Don't be such a pleb.
>>
>>35005464
He is a pleb if it's his first time lifting
>>
>>35004147
Just remember that if you don't see anyone using a piece of equipment, it's completely ok to start using it without asking. You pay membership dues just like everyone else, and no one has the right to "reserve" a piece of equipment
>>
>>35004147
The gym staff are there to help you, ask questions. Even "how do I use this" questions. Also, keep a card and write all your max lifts down. Max lift is anything you can do no fewer than 6 times and no more than 10 times to failure, one set. Check them every month.
>>
If someone drops soap in the showers it's customary to pick it up for them.
>>
>>35004147

>don't fuck with people during their sets
>wipe shit down after you use it
>don't be afraid to ask for help but don't expect to get your hand held for your entire workout
>put shit back where you found it when you're done with it
>don't gawk at the hot chicks/hawt doods, you'll look like a creep
>>
>>35004147

go hard or don't bother going
>>
>>35004147
Don't be afraid if after you work out for the first time your doms is so bad that you can't stick to whatever schedule you're using. Just go again as soon as the doms subside.

After my first leg workout, I couldn't walk right for nearly a week. After my first upper body workout, I couldn't straighten my arms all the way out for half a week. The most important thing is that you stick with it, regardless of how long it takes you to recover.
>>
>>35004147
>first time in my life. Any tips?
don't forget your squat plug

>yfw you forgot to get one
>>
don't forget to tip the receptionist, they work very hard for you
>>
Bring a bottle for water and a towel to wipe the sweat off your body.
>>
>>35007207
i went so hard my first time I threw up. Don't push too hard first time imo
>>
>>35007381
Nothing wrong in throwing up when you push yourself. Those who never do don't push hard enough.
>>
File: 1443063201160.png (990 KB, 961x1400) Image search: [Google]
1443063201160.png
990 KB, 961x1400
I got you OP listen up. First you gotta make sure you wear sandals, that's basically the unofficial way to signal to everyone you just started so they can keep an eye on you just in case you need help. You wanna make a good impression so warmup by squattig the empty bar. If youre feeling good load up two 45lb plates on each side and squat that. People don't seem to understand that they can squat a lot more than they think they can when they're under the bar. Godspeed OP.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.