[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been stuck at a 220kg deadlift for i don't know how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85 KB, 1920x1080
>been stuck at a 220kg deadlift for i don't know how long
>tried everything to get it
>changed diet and bulked heavily
>changed routine
>tried deadlifting more tried deadlifting less
>even tried steroids
>nothing i did could get me the magic 220 deadlift
>did 215 last week and this week i was trying 220 again
>had no hope of doing it as i had tried and failed so many times
>saw a link in a motivational thread and it was to a dbz motivational video
>watched it and felt an energy i had never felt before inside of me
>went to the gym and got the 220 deadlift for a double

I always laughed at people who thought lifting had any sort of mental or spiritual involved, i believed it was purely physical. Well now i've changed and know better, that fire inside did more to my lifts than muscles could do...
>>
>>35000471
What does a man with a 220kg DL look like?
>>
Motivation is a training variable m8

If you're not focused, then obviously you're not gonna lift as heavy as you could
>>
ever heard of programming and periodization

doing the same intesity and volume is a very inefficent way of trying to progress
>>
>>35000471
>i believed it was purely physical

Probably why you were shit for so long
>>
File: 1445320568642.jpg (48 KB, 458x321) Image search: [Google]
1445320568642.jpg
48 KB, 458x321
>>35000471
Same here, but the magic number was 200kg.
The more I tried, the more I failed, to the point where 200kg would not even leave the ground, while 195 for a double was effortless.

Got pissed off at a shitty bench session, slammed two 50kg plates on a barbell, went with a 120kg triple, 160kg double and a 200kg single to let off steam and actually notices the 200kg PR at the top, while holding it for static grip strength.

After that 205 was an every day max.
(until I twisted my ankle, lost all leg gains and Can barely deadlift 180kg now. Can't even squat 180kg to depth because left ankle lost all mobility I had).
>>
>>35000510
This. Pick up a book on psychology 101 or something. Your brain literally controls your body.

Sounds retardedly simple now, doesn't it?
>>
File: 1440382910179.jpg (195 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1440382910179.jpg
195 KB, 480x360
>>35000471
>>been stuck at a 220kg deadlift
>even tried steroids

u wot m8
>>
>>35000483
one of my mates DL's 220

he is breti big, but he doesn't look like he is juicing, just thick, solid, yknow.
>>
>>35000471
Rack pulls.

Thank me later.
>>
>>35003572
And just to add, I can rack pull over 500pounds for 4-6 reps natty
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.