[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loose Skin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: sfgm.jpg (40 KB, 644x382) Image search: [Google]
sfgm.jpg
40 KB, 644x382
I started losing weight at 137kg (302 pounds) and after 3 months of exercise and diet I am currently at 111kg (244 pounds).

Recently I have become concerned with loose skin and was wondering how to avoid it (if it is even avoidable at this point). Is my pace too fast? Was loose skin even avoidable at 302 pounds regardless of pace?
>>
137 kg is quite a lot mate.

The best case scenario is to get muscle.

But 137kg is too much i guess.
>>
>>34999595
dude thats insane. congrads. its impossible not to have loose skin. start saving money up now.
>>
>>34999595
You can avoid it with slower pace. Maybe half of what your initial pace was. Also building muscle on a heavy cut is harder. You're better off going slowly while filling up the space.
>>
>>34999737
>>34999723
Guess it was unavoidable. Will slowing down even help at all or should I just keep everything as it is?
>>
>>34999595
I was 135kg 2 years ago (started at 22), now I'm 24 at 84kg and I don't have any loose skin, but I was loosing weight in slow rate, but desu I would rather have losen skin since I have stretch marks everywhere and that's something you can't fix. Shit sucks.
>>
>>34999890
Well I already have stretch marks but they don't make you look like an abomination the same way loose skin does.
>>
>>34999764
well your skin kinda adjusts itself and tightens up a little bit over time. if you lose all your extra weight in 5 years you give your skin more time to tighten up, if you do it in one year you'll have more loose skin simply because of time.
but unless you're kind of genetically blessed you will have permanent loose skin regardless of time frame, so no need to slow down your progress
>>
>>34999595
>5'7" manlet
>heaviest was at 250 pounds
>started working out june 2014
>lost over 60 pounds
>starting to see some loose skin

it's not gonna be that bad right?
>>
File: Collage 2015-11-17 12_54_35.jpg (306 KB, 1080x1608) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2015-11-17 12_54_35.jpg
306 KB, 1080x1608
I'm 6'4 200lbs. I was 392lbs. At my lowest weight I was 194lbs. Your excess skin is going to be a matter of how tall you are and how much fat and muscle you have on your body. The picture you used OP is John/obese to beast. That's not a great example because he still has fat on his body to lose. Skin is incredibly elastic and paper thin. His skin is still hanging onto fat on his chest and stomach and hasn't grabbed onto his abs or chest yet due to the fat he still has in those areas. He still needs to diet. Most people with excess skin have more fat on their body than they think they do. Here's a better example of someone who dieted as lean as they could get from being morbidly.obese and also lifted weights to minimalize the excess skin.

https://youtu.be/ZrasQOojFyo

Also your quality of life is probably shit right now since you're stuck in a fat body. Let.me say, from losing almost 200lbs, no matter how much excess skin I might have afterwards my quality of life has been amazing. People treat me differently, female attention is now present in my life, my confidence and social anxiety is no longer an issue. These are the things that come with transforming yourself. There's many more positives to losing the weight than negatives. Don't let some excess skin keep you from doing it.

Pic is me
>>
>>34999595

You have to nourish your skin to promote recovery.

That shit is an organ, and it needs specific nutrients to build and maintain itself. Specifically collagen/gelatin - buy some powdered shit and put it in your protein shakes. Mas proteina mas bueno.

Get yourself some of that cocoa butter lotion post-pregnancy chicks use to tighten up their skin and reduce stretchmarks. It works but you have to be diligent - apply twice a day after exfoliating your skin.
>>
>>34999764
No. On average it takes 4 times longer for the skin to catch up to your weight loss.. If your 'diet' lasts 6 months, give up upwards of 2 years. Start saving money regardless
>>
File: image.jpg (499 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
499 KB, 1162x850
>>35000734
>>
It's mostly genetic. The only thing you can do is drink lots of water and moisturize and hope for the best.
>>
Height bro?

I was 285 5'10, down to 177lbs by age 22, my chest will basically show next to no loose skin when I have small pecs so achieving anything bigger will be amazing.

I had a seriously overhanging belly though, will definitely be some damage there, but easily covered up by underwear/trousers/shorts.

still got another 10-15lbs to lose though so might look even better soon.

Massive gz on the weightloss, you're going to make it, and loose skin is many, many times better than fat, believe me.
>>
Bamp
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.