[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your motivation to get /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
What's your motivation to get /fit/
>>
File: 1441477572916.jpg (31 KB, 314x246) Image search: [Google]
1441477572916.jpg
31 KB, 314x246
Looking at skeletons or fat people that just let themselves go. Gives a feeling of superiority in a way I guess.
>>
File: image:5178.jpg (31 KB, 314x713) Image search: [Google]
image:5178.jpg
31 KB, 314x713
Zyzz brah
>>
I want to do it before I get too old.
>>
I don't like hating myself when I see a mirror
>>
I'm fatty mcfatcunt the lard of hamplanet, and I have absolutely enough of this shit, I used to look better but depression and anxiety disorder royally fucked me up.. enough is enough, working out and getting control of myself makes me feel better so I guess I'm on a right path
>>
File: 1447606999299.jpg (245 KB, 1037x1382) Image search: [Google]
1447606999299.jpg
245 KB, 1037x1382
>>34997684
breh m8
>>
>>34997684

girls
>>
anyone who lifts for grills is bound to fail, good looks will not get you anywhere if you don't have game
>>
File: 1446848013937.png (80 KB, 520x348) Image search: [Google]
1446848013937.png
80 KB, 520x348
>>34997684
i cant ask someone to love me if i cant love myself.
>>
I don't even know anymore :(
>>
>>34997870
but good looks compliment game. I have shitty game, I'm confident enough to approach but I'm pretty boring and not a very good conversationalist. I still get girls because I have a handsome face and an alright body, they cut me a lot more slack than they would if I were average looking.
>>
I thought I was doomed to be ugly forever so I gave up on everything, but I stumbled upon a look that makes my face look acceptable/good. Now I have to undo years of my "I'm going to kill myself in a few months, so why should I even bother?" period.

That, and the usual.
>grils
>disgust with fatties
>self-hatred
>don't wanna die from diabetes/heart disease/Rascal scooter accident
>prove to a fat friend that if I can do it, he can do it too
>>
I just had a baby and I want to have a long life for him. I have been packing on the pounds the past few years and I don't want to raise a fatty. I'm now eating 1500 calories a day and lifting when my schedule allows me (newborns steal gains).

First I will lose fat, then I will gain muscle. I want to be the superman my child will think I am.
>>
>>34997912
This.
I'm probably half autistic, but since i'm swole all i have to do is simply standing up until some qt3.14 picks me up like a cheap hooker. Lots of smiles
>>
there's many reasons, positive and negative.

to be able to do impressive feats of strength, to feel masculine, to give structure to my life, to become more attractive, to feel better than others, to satisfy the hopes for getting shredded i had when i was a child, guilt about giving it all up
>>
the feeling of having high test levels literally makes me feel like a greek god despite my manlet status

feelsgoodman
>>
>>34997813
we're all gonna fukken make it brah
>>
File: 1448191672627.jpg (63 KB, 895x484) Image search: [Google]
1448191672627.jpg
63 KB, 895x484
Stopped doing sports when starting collage and years of drinking and eating shit gave me a sizeable chub, skinnyfat mode.
Started counting calories during masters but I was never happy with how I looked. Decided to start lifting last spring 'cause why the fuck not.

Why have a specific motivation though familia? Isn't lifting its own motivation?
>>
Want to make my ex regret breaking up with me. I'm a spiteful cunt.
>>
File: tfwmexibro.gif (2 MB, 368x344) Image search: [Google]
tfwmexibro.gif
2 MB, 368x344
I've been fat as fuck my whole life, I remember visiting my cousin when I was in high-school, he used to be chubby but when I saw him he lost weight and looked normal.

HE HAD SO MANY FRIENDS

to be fair he is a complete normie but I was just so jealous of what he had.

idk I think if I get to an acceptable weight my quality of life will improve tremendously, physically, mentally, socially.

it's the fucking dream 2bee8ch family
>>
>>34997813
not gonna make it desu famalam
>>
>>34997684
need to get fit for my new job, also i've been a chubby cunt my entire life
>>
saw a photo of myself without bathroom lighting on holiday

I could see my ribs
my mates call me skeleton because I'm 6'5 78kg

so I'm now bulking
I'm sick of going to clubs and feel like people are staring at me because of my skinny arms in a t-shirt
>>
>>34998391
you won't make it either, skelly
>>
Nobody wants to date/marry a fat girl.

> tfw 60 lbs down, 60 more to go
>>
>>34998516
LONDON
LONDON
PICS PLS
>>
>>34997684
I want to be just like my japanese animes.
Well, not exactly since something near Klokov is more along my goals, but it'd help.
>>
I used to have an eating disorder, working out forces me to think about what I'm eating and make the right choices for my body. It's nice to not look and act like I'm 80 years old, so my motivation is staying the fuck away from that. Also, bubblebutt.
>>
Just want to see how much shit I can lift before decay sets in. Having a surprising amount of fun doing it.

I guess I just like seeing better numbers.
>>
I thought it would help with my autism. There really is no cure for it. I feel like I wasted all year feeding myself like livestock and lifting
>>
>>34998805
are you legit autism or just 4chan autism?

if you're legit aspergers then there is no fucking cure.
if you're just lacking social interaction you can cure it by (social interaction x F)

literally just copy what you see the most average person do + try to add some humor and you'll make it făm
>>
>>34999547
Legit diagnosed. My psychiatrist doesn't want me to work because it could be dangerous. I'm 20 and pretty much destined to be a neet all my life
>>
>>34997840
brhhhhhh
>>
>>34999554
I'm sorry bro.

I've met an aspie that comes into my work sometimes, he claimed to have a gf... Maybe you can too, maybe a nice lady will be able to see past the autism?
>>
File: Work in progress.jpg (266 KB, 1936x1936) Image search: [Google]
Work in progress.jpg
266 KB, 1936x1936
>>34998734
>Sorry in advance about your eyes
> also sorry for shit cropping and the stupid filter someone put on it
>>
>>35000625
wow, nice progress i guess, i hope you find a very /fit/ boyfriend for yourself :3
>>
>>34997684
people say i look like mclovin and i figure if i keep getting bigger i'll look like a little bit less like him

it seriously shakes me to my core when people say that. i don't think anyone likes being told that they look like someone else (my friend gets told he looks like slim shady and hates it, even though slim shady is a good looking dude).

overall my state of being is generally smug and i don't really have an qualms with my appearance/ stats besides that, so i figure that looking like a jacked mclovin would really be the best i can hope for until i can grow a beard (im 23) to cover up my babyface
>>
>>34997684
gonna get deep today bros, cause fuck it

last year i fell into a pretty bad depression, lost the will to do anything, stopped lifting and fucked up my 3 year progress. i havent felt the same, mentally especially
I figured if i forced my self to lift, i will help me mentally. been going strong since June, physically i feel great but mentally im still struggling but im not giving in
fuck depression
>>
File: 1448096633987-0.jpg (239 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1448096633987-0.jpg
239 KB, 900x1200
>>35000698>>35000698
Depression is akin to an onion layer and will peel off in time, as is all states of mind with some being bigger layers than others. It is when you become consciously aware of said layers, you can deal with them better.

My goal is to be fit for my Aryan QT and myself, while holding myself above the neo-nazi faggots who hamper my political gains.
>>
rejection, as always.
>>
Workout benefits/motivation in my case:
>looking better
>higher social status
>being able to attract 9/10 women despite my 5/10 face
>real self confidence boost
>better sex life
>physical health benefits
>reduced risk of many serious diseases
>cognitive functioning benefits (eg. memory)
>endogenous opioids making me feel good after workouts
>will to develop myself on different levels
>being able to stand all this bitter shit my life brought me
>tattoos look bad when your body looks bad
>much higher chance to defend myself in case of a fight

Every wise modern human being should work out, swim, or engage in other physical activities. The benefits are endless.
>>
File: katana cutting fat.jpg (726 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
katana cutting fat.jpg
726 KB, 2048x1536
It's my only true passion life.
>>
>>34998026
with you there anon, she broke up with me just when I started getting someone /fit/ and fucked 3 guys I knew within a month. don't know if it was to stop me from achieving my goals but all it did was add 45lbs to my bench ayyy lmao
>>
>>35000768
Get yourself a slavic girl.
>>
Friends thinking they are better than me. Its childish but it pushes me more than anything to prove people wrong.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.