[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, I fucked up. >go out for housemates birthday >first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: ttt.jpg (114 KB, 554x741) Image search: [Google]
ttt.jpg
114 KB, 554x741
/fit/, I fucked up.
>go out for housemates birthday
>first time drinking in a few months, stick to spirits all night
>friends encourage me to get a "cheat meal" on the way home
>get a milkshake and nachos, first time eating shit like that in ages. end up throwing up because of it
>woken up with a cold

I still want to lift today. Is there any point?
>>
>>34997528
Stay in your bed and think about what you've done
>>
>>34997528
Gulp down a glass of water, put on your big boy pants, and get back to work. Your gains aren't gonna make themselves.
>>
No, lifting through sickness is dumb, dangerous and pointless.
>>
>>34997528
If it's just a cold you can go to the gym and lift through it.
>>
>>34997528
lift yo junk out of yo trunk and start beating it you faggot
>>
>>34997631
A cold is an infection, what the heck are you talking about?

Physical activity whilst suffering from infection is dangerous because you cause infection of your heart muscle which can have enormous consequences, including sudden death.

Apart from that he would weaken his system that is trying to fight the infection / virus, making him sick for longer and his recovery time ages.

Stay in bed, drink, eat and get good again, then lift.
>>
There is never any point to lifting. You pick things up put them down again for the purpose of expanding the size of your muscles and somehow derive personal pleasure and social standing for this. Frankly, the whole notion of weightlifting is absurd.

Like everything, however, we only do it because we will have some benefit for it, whatever that may be. To answer your question, OP, whether you lift today or not is of little consequence to anyone besides you, so only you can make the decision.
>>
>>34997528
Go fuck your mother.It is not your blog there.
>>
>>34997528
>first time eating shit like that in ages. end up throwing up because of it
Thats the alcohol mate
>woken up with a cold
and thats a hangover

bless your naive little soul
>>
>>34997669
What the fuck are you talking about?

Please show me when it has ever happened that someone died of sudden death while exercising with just a cold.
>>
>>34997890
Marathon runners, for example.

Are you trying to say that heart muscle infection is not a considerable risk when working out with an infection.

Google heart infection and read through the possible causes.
>>
>>34997528
>you will never cuddle a pupper that soft and cuddly
>>
>>34997528
Don't be a faggot. Go to the gym.
>>
Thanks /fit/, appreciate all the input. Will head to the gym later.

>>34997756
re-reading my OP after your comment made me laugh, does come across that way but I'm all snotty and gross and shit, it's not just a hangover. probably still caused by drinking though
>>
>>34998089
You are stupid as fuck.

You now listn to all the edge #iron lyfe teenagers and fuck your body further.

Enjoy your shit condition and no gains.
>>
>>34997528
>mixing alcohol with milk
Yeah sure, it's the food that made you throw up
Amateur
>>
>all the broscience dyels encouraging someone who's sick to hit the gym
>muh real man muh gains
wew lads
>>
>>34998119
You can drink brandy with milk, and some cocktails like white russian use it as a mixer
>>
>>34998123
this nigga knows
>>
>>34998109
I just enjoy the routine of going to the gym I guess. If everything feels shit I can always do some light cardio instead, I'm not expecting a good workout by any means

>>34998119
I suppose there is that. Good milkshakes though, out of everything I regret that the least
>>
>>34997934

>hey guys I have a small cold, should I lift anyway?

OMG BRO WTF!!!! YOU PROBABLY HAVE A HEART INFECTION!!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT HEART INFECTIONS??!! GOOGLE "HEART INFECTIONS BRO YOU CANT DO ANY FORM OF EXERCISE OR YOULL DIE FROM A HEART FAILURE IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Relax you fucking faggot, he has a cold not leukaemia.
>>
>>34998123
Literally just a cold.

I mean, sure, if you have a fever and are nauseous, skip, but if all you have is a sore throat just go and see how much you can do.
>>
>>34998236
Are you really this fucking stupid or are you baiting me?

A cold is an infection. Are you aware of that??

And are you aware that physical exercising while suffering from infection comes with the risk of carrying the infection to the heart muscle which might kill you?

It's fucking retarded neet teenagers like you that should just shut the fuck up and stop giving advice on this board.
You know nothing about anything, run through life smoking weed, never considering choices and then you on here and want other to life the same stupidity as you.

Get the fuck back to your low life and bag my groceries faggot.
>>
Going to the gym while sick isn't about being a pussy or not. It's whether or not youre gonna be the one smearing your sickly fluids all over the gym equipment trying to get others sick. I give dirty looks when I see fuckers coughing all up on everything just like I get dirty looks when I sneeze more than a couple times during a session. Be considerate of others and all that
>>
>>34998303
Don't go to the gym and make us sick too, faggot.

Just do calisthenics from home.
>>
>>34997528
At least all the shitty food left your system before you could digest it m8.
>>
>>34997669
is this a fucking troll? exercising through sickness makes you feel better, not worse
>>
>>34997934
Well look at that. An idiot who read a few pages on webmd.

Please don't fucking post your retarded ass opinions again m8.
>>
>>34998322
You're the reason us men are depicted as pussies when we get sick.

>anon has a cold
>OMG IM GONNA DIE GET THE PRIEST
>>
>>34998448
So, if you to up to a doctor now and ask him "should I do physical exercising while suffering from an infection" you believe that he says yes?

I didn't read it up on the internet, I grew up in a family of successful doctors, it's common knowledge where I live too.

It's cool that you guys didn't even finish high school and enjoy your neet life, thinking you are though and a real man by lifting though sickness.

But outside of your social area no one believes this and everyone just laughs at you.

And best thing is that all of you also are dyel onto of your retarded mentality.

As expected from people that achieved nothing in their life, not even in lifting weights.
>>
Anon, do a hard reset. Shit, shower, jerk off and go back to bed.

When you wake up have some hot tea to clean out your sinuses.
>>
>>34998468
Now, as you are bashing online resources in their credibility, can you explain to me why there is no risk doing physical exercise whilst suffering from an infection?

Obviously you have to disprove the points that these online articles prove with scientific resources by your own scientific resources.

Go ahead little boy, I'm listening.
>>
>>34997618
Your mom giving birth to you was dumb, dangerous, and pointless.
>>
File: bait_harder.png (42 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait_harder.png
42 KB, 625x626
>>34998322
>>
>>34998663
>So, if you to up to a doctor now and ask him "should I do physical exercising while suffering from an infection" you believe that he says yes?
No, he would say, "depends on what infection." A little creeping crud brought on by a night of binge drinking and shitty food? Suck it up, buttercup. Just make sure you wipe the bench down before and after you use it.

Nothing gets rid of a hangover faster than sweating it out.
>>
>>34998881
If it's actually only a hangover, sure.

But if it's a cold aka infection then he would say "no" because an infection is an infection, both can be carried to the heart.

OP said he has a cold and I assumed that he is not entirely retarder and thinks headache and sickness is a cold.
>>
>>34998699
Post your scientific articles
>>
File: 1443269021852.jpg (161 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
1443269021852.jpg
161 KB, 480x726
>>34998934
>an infection is an infection, both can be carried to the heart.
>>
>>34999054
http://www.nature.com/icb/journal/v78/n5/full/icb200071a.html

Now your approach of disproving it, please.

Post a scientific article that stats physical exercising during a cold or other infection is a good thing.
>>
>>34999160
Calling everything bait that leaves the horizontal of your closed minded brain is annoying as fuck.

Provide something to the discussion or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>34999227
Did you even read at least the abstract? First off, it's about elite athletes (which OP, I guess, is not), secondly it makes it very clear that death from myocarditis is a very rare occurrence and exercise should be avoided IF myocarditis is SUSPECTED.
Learn to read my man
>>
>>34999227
>linking something you didn't even read properly

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>34999308
???

You read 2% of the abstract and now judge about it?

What the actual fuck.

It states multiple times that exercising should be avoided during infections.

Go read it and come back.

Also - just because the chance is low someone should not care about it?
>>
>>34999340
For ELITE athletes. Not your average /fit/izen who lifts 3 times a week you fucking braindead monkey.

This has got to be bait. Pls tell me it's bait.
>>
>>34999327
>Strenuous exercise during ongoing infection and fever may be hazardous and should always be avoided.

Trying to call me out on not reading something whilst not having it read at all yourself.

Kill yourself my man
>>
>>34999340
It doesn't mention regular people and it's specifically aimed to world class athlete. Also, it says it should be avoided, not that you'll drop dead the second you exert yourself like your posts made it out to be
>>
>>34999340
You should also avoid driving cars, because you might end up in a fatal car crash.
Breathing outside air can even have fatal consequences. Do you see how fucking retarded you sound m8?

>muh small risk is still a risk

>>34999361
>fever

Read the OP again dipshit
>>
>>34999358
It'a a study about elite athletes because they happened to be object of it, you fucking idiot.

Let me find other studies because you hide your dumbness behind "HURR DURR elite athletes are totally different beings".
>>
>>34999391
You're seriously equating world-star athletes who spend the better part of their day training to a random dude who lifts 3-4 hours a week?

Don't bother m8, you're clearly delusional as fuck.
>>
>>34999383
Do you even English?

Colds, by the way, also cause fever, it's just less severe most of the time.
>>
File: 1412441655494.jpg (10 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1412441655494.jpg
10 KB, 250x237
>mfw this fucking thread
>>
>>34998322

This is true lol. On the off chance that you make it spread it literally lasts months.

Being a stupid endurance athlete I always train in any conditions, even when I'm ill or injured. When I was around 15 I got a cold and trained through it, ended up having heart palpitations and started fainting when standing sometimes, lasted 4 months and spend thousands on testing to make sure I didn't have a heart defect.

Basically, training while you have a cold is semi-retarded and at best it'll make you have that sore throat and stuffy nose for an extra week, at worst you'll get fucked up for a few months.
>>
>>34999410
Tell me, what exactly is the biological difference?

You think their work outs are more severe?

Do you think their body works different just because they happen to be trained in a certain sport?

I can't express how naive and retarded your assumption is.

If there was a study about how smoking causes cancer for elite athletes, you would debunk it for normal people and say it doesn't apply to them?
>>
>>34999440
Wow someone with a brain occurred, incredible.

Hope you are alright anon.
>>
>>34999419
I never heard of anyone having a fever due to a cold. Also, the viruses responsible for colds are actually pretty harmless, it's your immune system overreacting which causes the disturbs associated with colds
>>
Literally just take 3 days off and drink a lot of water.

If you lift hard you will probably get shit tier energy levels and miss lifts, all while making your cold last up to 2 weeks instead of 3 or 4 days.

Basically, not worth it 3 days off and it's gone.
>>
>>34999443
>You think their work outs are more severe?
Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously, do you actually think you're training like a world class athlete? Is this real life?
>>
>>34999463
That might be, but the statement in the article is not exclusive to infections that also have you suffer from fever.
Those two were just combined in that sentence.

You can see that if you read the entire article.
>>
>>34999509
Serverness in this context is mainly about heart rate.

An untrained person doing intense workouts will have the same, no actually a lot higher heart rate than an elite athlete.

Do you know that you divide endurance training by the heart rate you are undergoing meanwhile?

Do you know that you should spend a maximum of approximately 1.5 hours a week doing type 2 (high heart rate) endurance training?
>>
Another book exert, here:

https://books.google.de/books?id=5pkp8wrfdckC&pg=PA134&lpg=PA134&dq=physical+exercise+during+infection&source=bl&ots=Zo2TfQFGUm&sig=Ao1E0pRAEDy8yLnGW5Z_satAVac&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwitvrXqrKTJAhXKESwKHc-TBRUQ6AEIOzAF#v=onepage&q=physical%20exercise%20during%20infection&f=false

I can find more stuff, I just need access to my PC.
>>
>>34999227
"Furthermore, a host of other viruses, especially respiratory viruses, such as influenza and cytomegalovirus, may give rise to myocarditis, whereas the most common aetiologies of the 'common cold', the rhinoviruses, have not been unequivocally documented as causes of myocarditis "

"Some microorganisms are more prone than others to attack the heart, while others do this very rarely. The former group includes enteroviruses (mainly coxsackievirus) and the latter group includes common cold viruses (rhinovirus and coronavirus)"

"In people with nasal catarrh without a sore throat, cough or general symptoms, caution is recommended during the first 1–3 days, after which training can gradually be resumed if the symptoms do not become intensified. If a cold is accompanied by further symptoms, for example, sore throat, hoarseness or cough, the recommendation should be more restrictive, depending on the degree and development of the symptoms."

So what I got from this is that you won't really be getting some fatal heart infection from the common cold, but some caution like a few days of rest is recommended. While people who simply say "tough it out" aren't going about it scientifically, it's an exaggeration to say that OP, whose training isn't anywhere near olympic level (and therefore puts far less stress on the immune system) is going to cripple himself by lifting.

I'm with people saying tough it out, unless you start getting a fever I highly doubt you'll worsen things besides make yourself cough more.
>>
>>34999899
Nice, someone that actually read if, thanks.

Yes, now you have a valid point, because to which amount a simple cold causes risk when working out is being discussed.

You will find other articles that will speak more drastically about a cold and likewise.

As I said - I grew up in a family of docs, each of them very successful and flooded by socially high seared patients, simply because they excel is improving life quality.

I happen to discuss many things with them and lifting through a cold was one of them.

The simple and logical conclusion is that the risk does exist and, so they said, has actually caused Death before.

And we even had someone in this thread talking about how it actually happened to him when he was younger.

It's not worth lifting through a cold, it has no benefits and only negatives.

It's not tough or manly to do it and I don't see why anyone would ever recommend it to someone else.

It is, by the way, not even a display of willpower because, let's be real, colds can be ignored easily.

They just shouldn't be.
>>
File: 1430670878633.jpg (112 KB, 580x630) Image search: [Google]
1430670878633.jpg
112 KB, 580x630
>>35000076
>this is your captain speaking
>our flight time to Syracuse will be about two hours
>weather is clear, I don't expect any turbulence
>and on a personal note
>I grew up in a family of pilots, so while I've never flown a plane irl, this is right up my alley.
>thank you for flying CBA - Complete Bullshit Airlines
>>
>>35000157
Nice arguments
>>
>>34997528
Your body must be weak af if it can't process one night of that

Glhf
>>
I literally had a nightmare that I had mcdonalds pancakes for breakfast
>>
>>34997528

Going to the gym while you're sick is fucking stupid. Not only it will make you sicker, but also you'll make other people sick because of your stupidity.
>>
>>35000200
Im dead
>>
>>34997528
What a cute dog. Seriously 10/10.

Would cuddle all day and feed premium dog food.
>>
>>34997528
Is that doge real because I want one
>>
>>35000456
> Not super premium.
>>
>>35000484
Called a Samoyed, kin
>>
>>35000456
>>35000595

>not feeding your dog the same chow you eat

90% lean ground beef with diced sweet potatoes, apples, and carrots. Started the little dude on it when he was 11 years old - he was always sick and flabby before hand. Got him ripped and took him to 14 years. Tearing up right now, seriously. Sleep tight, pupper.
>>
>>35000671
Holy shit it's real. How much meat does it take to feed a fully grown one?

>>35000699
Did you cook the beef for the doge or was it raw?
>>
>>35000699
Homemade meals are great for your dog if you can meet the appropriate ratios and use no condiments. They also show how committed you are to your canine pal.
You sound like a great owner, Anon. I'm sure your dog was very happy with you.
>>
>>34997941
what species is this?

when i life in a place that allowes pets i want to buy a pup that will grow to be big enough to be ridden by kids.

(and then i will use it as a pillow)
>>
File: polar-bears-eating.jpg (58 KB, 693x498) Image search: [Google]
polar-bears-eating.jpg
58 KB, 693x498
>>35000753
>Samoyed eating raw beef
>>
File: mutant pope.jpg (373 KB, 1500x1543) Image search: [Google]
mutant pope.jpg
373 KB, 1500x1543
>>34997528
Lifting while sick or hungover always makes me feel better. Might just be because of pre-workout stimulants though.
>>
File: ForeignDevil.png (3 KB, 216x145) Image search: [Google]
ForeignDevil.png
3 KB, 216x145
>>34997669
>>34998322
>>34999340
>>
>>34997528
I actually like going to the gym hungover (unless it's really really bad), the steam room afterwards is fucking heaven
>>
File: retard.gif (1 MB, 350x272) Image search: [Google]
retard.gif
1 MB, 350x272
>>35000955
>mfw benching 10 kg over my PR when drunk
>>
>>35000902
THANK YOU MUTANT POPE
>>
>>35000948
>this poster
>do not listen to them

Good job, nice image there.

Fucking low life retards can't even put together one sentence.

Top kek.
>>
Drink a couple liters of water, eat a meal or two and then go to the gym a couple hours after all of that. You still probably won't be feeling great, but you should start feeling better once you've worked out for a while. I usually want to die for the first 10-20 minutes of hungover excercise, but after I'm pretty much fine.
>>
>>34997528
this is how it begins

you go from lifting often to one day off then bam before you know it you're on the streets selling your ass for cheese burgers and stuffing oreo sleeves into yourself
>>
>>34998322
>>34998322

>being this angry
>being this clueless
Pick both.

You're a fucking moron, if you had any form of education on the topic you'd realise that infections don't spread to the heart that easily and when they do its not even severe, it mostly goes unnoticed. In RARE cases it can cause problems but that doesn't mean you can't exercise because you have a cold you Fkn baboon.

You show me one clinical study where it states rhinovirus is spread to the heart due to physical exertion.

OHH NO GUYS I HAVE A COLD, I CSNT MOVE OUT OF BED OR ILL DIE!!!

You fucking pussy, go back to your basement you neck beard.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.