[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been working out for quite some time now (a few years)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 20151121_201436-1.jpg (3 MB, 1979x2527) Image search: [Google]
20151121_201436-1.jpg
3 MB, 1979x2527
I've been working out for quite some time now (a few years) and i have seen my lifts go up drastically, but I see no visible changes in muscle mass (athletic build, haven't seen increases though).
For example, I squat 350 for 10, but my quads look just like they did when I first began working out
>pic related
I don't take anything besides protein shakes after workouts and a high protein diet
What should I do? What am I doing wrong?
>>
Shameless self bump, really need help
>>
Post pics of when you started.
>>
>>34994064
Eat more, faggot
>>
>>34994064
switch to front squats you low bar squatting big ass faggot
>>
>>34994103
Don't have any on my computer but I was making pretty steady progress and now I've been gaining no mass for several months now, even though my lifts are getting consistently better
>>
>>34994115
>>34994115
>>34994115
>>
>>34994115
>lard ass detected
Not everyone here wants to be a fat fuck on a permabulk. OP, if you want to look like a wide meathead, just eat one of those five dollar pizzas every day until you make it. Lean gains are for faggots. And do no cardio whatsoever, it's for faggots and it kills your gains.
>>
>>34994064
contrary to muffin top theory, the majority of the fat on most humans is stored on the legs (thighs.) this only changes when you're turbo-obese and are working on second fanny pack of lard.

look at anyones dxa results, you'll see 2-5+% higher (relatively 10-25% more) fat storage on legs.

additionally, since your legs are half of your bodyweight, it's also the largest absolute storage of fat on your body.

you can't choose how/where your fat is reduced when you cut, and you clearly haven't cut low enough to pull fat from your thighs.

strength has nothing to do with it. as a cyclist, my legs are by far the most advanced muscle group, and even at 10% bf, they also have the most fat and highest fat percentage.
>>
>>34995133
I wish I knew this when I first started working out. I was a literal skeleton, had abs. Went up 60lbs, thought it was mostly muscle because my upper body looked around 15% bf. I've lost 30lbs so far and still have belly pudge and stretch marks on my thighs, no abs
>>
>>34995179
you're capped on muscle gain per month at 1-2 lbs

which is at minimum an additional 3500*(4/9)*2 = 3100 kcal or (since kcal to muscle growth conversion isn't exactly known since it depends on training) say 2-3x that amount, say 9000 kcal.

so you only need 3000-9000 kcal extra PER MONTH to satisfy muscle gain.

3000/30 = 100 kcal/day
9000/30 = 300 kcal/day

if you're bulking beyond those ranges
>Went up 60lbs
>kekcraft.tiff
you're just getting plump
>>
Usually if you're not seeing the gains you want you are either working too hard and not letting your muscles recover, or you're not working hard enough and you need to add more workouts for each muscle group. You probably know which one you are.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.