[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you doing, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: 1430188507810.jpg (152 KB, 960x731) Image search: [Google]
1430188507810.jpg
152 KB, 960x731
Former alcoholic lanklet here. Resisted the urge to get drunk last night, finally hit 2 pl8 bench press this morning. Glorious day. We're all gonna make it. How are you?
>>
File: 1436109902160.jpg (25 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
1436109902160.jpg
25 KB, 400x370
>lifting consistently for about 3 years.
>Was getting a bit dull
>Broke up with grillfrand just before uni started
>met a new qt
>started feeling it again at the gym
>giving it 110% at the gym consistently
>broke my forearm playing CTF
>Want to lift heavy things really bad
>Impressed grill by picking up another grill with just one hand
>"Strongest man alive"
>not even close

This is the first time i have ever broken a bone or had to stay away from the gym for something other than illness. This sucks.
>>
>>34990797
Good job btw on resisting to drink. There's so many other ways you can enjoy yourself. It's kind of annoying how my roommates can't think of anything else to do during the weekend. It's fun but it's not the only thing worth living for.

lmao2pl8 is a great milestone. Good job
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
Why can I do a million isolation exercises but when I do one light full body CNS activation routine I'm absolutely dead? Like can't recover for days
>>
File: 1402356520572.png (16 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1402356520572.png
16 KB, 500x450
>gave in to urge to drink last night
>not going to gym today
>no going to make it
>>
>>34990927
Sorry bro, but at least you're still pullin qts
>>34990961
Thanks man, its a struggle because it really is 'instafun', but since quitting I've been packing on the muscle, it feels like being on gear compared to where I was before.
>>34990984
Full body compound lifts work you out better.
>>34991021
Don't beat yourself up about it bro, simply being aware of your problem is progress, and every time you try to quit increases your chances of success next time.
>>
File: Laugh-4.jpg (7 KB, 243x208) Image search: [Google]
Laugh-4.jpg
7 KB, 243x208
>>34991021
Come on now, buddy!
You can still bounce back!
>>
>>34990797

>training for rowing at uni
>think I can do well if I keep training over summer
>work 9-5, train 4 x week and be mostly alone
>get sick from overworking
>recover and keep going
>fast forward to now
>4th fittest person in the squad on tests
>still not making it into the top VIII
>vomiting almost weekly in training
>legs constantly painful, sometimes I can't sleep because of it
>constantly tired because of training at 6:30 in the morning, can't focus on uni work
>life feels like a constant circle of pain and disappointment

Hold me brehs, tell me its going to be okay
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 448x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 448x750
Posting in most bro-tier thread on /fit/

I also drank last night. Been doing it to try to curb my depression. Currently have herniated disc and tight hammies. Can't deadlift or squat without snapping shit worse. Don't wanna lift light or do calisthenics. Just don't enjoy it. I lifting the big 5 heavy.

In the mean time, just trying to strengthen core and back and stretch. We're all gonna make it brahs
>>
Ran a 22m24s 5k today, hungry as fuck, already had my calories for today.
>>
>>34991286
its going to be okay bro
>>
>>34990797
doing good finally hit 3 plate bench press it was just 3 sets of singles but still it was 3 plates

good job on avoiding the drink man one day at a time
>>
>>34990984
Haha you're in Atlanta. I matched with that chick
>>
>Hit 1 pl8 bench
>1pl8 squat after realizing I'm fucking autistic and you're not supposed to isolate your quads alone when squatting
>OHP about 35kgs, got to get on that next session
>added in sumo deadlifts and they fucking murder my back but feel really good to do, can pull about 80kgs bar not included at the moment

I'm doing OK. It's the mental me that's really fucked atm but I'm trying to pull it back, going to therapy and making some progress even if it's small. Mental gains man...
>>
i dunno, /fit/, you tell me

>dumped by long term GF 2 wks ago
>still p depressed
>she's doing genius stuff at prestigious job, super successful
>i'm still working in food service
>working on applications to grad school
>can't focus or finish writing sample
>studied useless subject so this is my only chance at getting paper

on the brighter side,

>been cutting from fatty fat 73in 215lbs
>hit 205 today.

I cut all the way down from 220 to 180 last year and gained it all back... but i wasnt exercising then and ive been working out every day even since before I started cutting, so i look way better at this weight than i did last time. still got some hope, just not for falling in love for another 2 years until i get over her. plan is to get mad sexy and then she'll be jealous and i can reject her when she wants me back. i am very aware of how mature this is, dgaf desu famalamily

2016 is my year
>>
>6 months into recovering from 3 years of Lyme Disease
>joints hurt
>muscles are so atrophied that it hurts for 2 days after doing 20 push ups
>want to die but don't want to get fat or stay weak

It's really hell on Earth. I can't run for more than a minute at a time.
>>
>>34991286

just quit man...
it's not like rowing will make you a millionaire or a chick magnet anyway
>>
>Had a grant approved
>Going into finals with all As
>only need to lose about 5 more lbs to get my cut where I want it to be
>got to bodyweight OHP
>got laid last night and possibly acquired gf
>OU favored to beat TCU today
I'm doing great, tbqh
>>
>go out with a girl for a couple months last winter
>suddenly leave uni for mental health reasons
>she doesn't contact me
>I don't contact her
>back to uni this fall
>see her around she looks even hotter
>don't talk to her
>she doesn't talk to me
>text her last night for the first time in 8 months
>ask to talk
>she says ok
>ask where we should meet
>she says she doesn't want to talk in person
>don't know how to text about what happened
>try a little she responds once and then stops
>know she's a cunt
>still feel sad
>still want my dick sucked
>>
>>34992056

Millionaire, no. But you get to know a lot of girls, I've fucked a few from the club. If you want to get any from anyone, you have to be fucking good at rowing. In terms of the sport, it feels like an abusive relationship that I can't get out of.
>>
>got real sick couldn't eat for a week
>get a kidney stone couldn't eat for a week and spend it in a hospital
>now got strep for the fourth time in a year and can barely eat
>all of this in a little over a month
I must've lost at least 15 lbs by now
>>
>>34992011
>>want to die but don't want to get fat or stay weak
youll make it. just keep going
>>
>>34992196
I've gotten to the point where I run every day so I feel I will make it but it still fucking sucks and having 90 year old man feet, knees and blood pressure doesn't help.
>>
>>34992257
Just keep it up. Swim. Lift. Eat clean. You can do it.
>>
>>34991021
I know the pain.

This morning I check my bank balance. -150

Fuck me.
>>
Terrible. Started fucking up my cut, depressed, memories come back to me
>wakemeup
The urge to drink or smoke till I pass out is real.
4 eams next week
Hold me /fit/
>>
>>34992297
Cheer up bud, at you least you aren't riddled with tick parasites that eat your brain and muscles
>>
>>34991311
>I also drank last night. Been doing it to try to curb my depression
That's a bad road to go down anon. Speaking from experience. It will only make you worse.
>>
>>34991311
drinking to curb your depression is a great way to become dependent
>>
>>34990797
I just ate a bowl of vanilla ice cream and I feel Im gonna puke out of despair.
>>
>propositioned my ex gf a couple of days ago, got turned down despite it being "really fucking tempting"
>yesterday morning found I'd dropped under 160 for the first time in years, t-thanks cutting
>ruined it all last night by going out for dinner and drinks with qt friend, she's buying me craft beers
>end up back at hers, first fuck since breakup

I'm torn. I ruined my cut, but craft beers and sex. Tell me how weak I am, /fit/.
>>
>>34992337
Captain Morgan and I sail through the seas of my depression
>>
>>34992374
You're a dirty fucking normie is what you are.
>>
>>34992374
Honestly, unless you lift to compete in something someday, you should really be lifting to just give yourself better quality of life. You stuck with your cut, you've made progress, you took a day and went out and had a good time with your friends and even got laid. Take the good from it, don't dwell and just move forward.
>>
>>34992383
Ah, the self-deprecating humor. Classic. It's all fun and games until you wake up shaking while you reach for that handle you have tucked under your bed. Yes, I know I'm projecting
>>
>23
>have 6 million dollars from grandpa's death
>work hard but nothing means anything.

at least i can't buy gains

>tfw jew
>tfw 20% bf
>>
>>34992419
Ouch. Thanks for that dude.
>>
>>34992419
Jesus does it really get that bad?
>>
>>34992426
Fellow inheritancefag here.

Your work means a lot more than you think. Do you best to add to that 6mil instead of just living off it. Try to make good ol jewpa proud.
>>
>>34992436
I'm at the point where I kill a fifth in 4 or 5 days and I can definitely see that happening.
>>
File: 1348333727745.jpg (70 KB, 662x491) Image search: [Google]
1348333727745.jpg
70 KB, 662x491
I'm having a couple of beers to wind down after a busy week at college.

Between trying to catch up with all the reports due for next week and depression related to all the shitty things happening over the world, I'm doing pretty fine.
>>
>>34992111
Fuck your good life and your trips
>>
>>34992497
God man. I'm familiar with the concept of projection but it really seems as if everyone I meet is unhappy right now. I know I'm saying this on /fit/ but that's not the only place I see it.
>>
>>34992458
>Your work means a lot more than you think. Do you best to add to that 6mil instead of just living off it. Try to make good ol jewpa proud.

Considering becoming a professor of greek philosophy. Why add to the 6? I don't need any more, I have everything I could want, and my children will have plenty.

Starting a business right now with my best buddy b/c the jump into academia is too big at the moment, got to do something else

Whats your story, fellow friend? You're gonna make it.
>>
>>34992534
Constant media blabber about socioeconomic problems combined with the weather getting colder and no sun can do this, anon.
>>
>>34992554
I know this is fit but are you implying that the media is making up the socioeconomic issues in our nation right now? If anything they're downplaying how bad things are.
>>
>>34992534
>>34992554
Vitamins + tanning bed
>>
>>34992568
Tanning beds are for actual faggots. I can go outside nigga
>>
File: !.jpg (76 KB, 650x487) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
76 KB, 650x487
>>34990927
>broke my forearm playing ctf
LMAO DRINK MILK SON LMAOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 640x619
>>34990797
>former fatty
>was 290
>205 now at 6'4
>still lower ab fat so the cut continues
>just added cardio in my routine so hopefully it helps
>just wanna lean bulk and make size gains
>birthday the day after thanksgiving
>turning 20
>most people probably won't even remember
>tfw no gf
>tfw no fuck buddy
>tfw few friends
>tfw maybe I'll make it one day
A-at least I have you bros and fallout 4
>>
>>34990797
Congrats broskie
>>
>>34992435
>>34992436
That guy here. If you drink heavily on a daily basis for a few years it will happen. I've had binges where I'll have 10-30 drinks in a day for a couple weeks and at the end of it the anxiety is so bad that I would have to have a few drinks to get out of bed.
>>
>lifting for 5 years
>strongest I have ever been
>lean, and most in have ever weighed
>get called huge and shit like that all time
>have decent social life
>suck in school I am just not interested in some topics
>grandpa died today
>my truck payment is late
>being swole mode don't solve your problems guys
>>
>>34991923
Rome wasn't built in a day bro, as long as you're making progress with your body, career, and relationships, you should be damn proud.
>>34992011
Now YOU have some shit to deal with. You deserve a medal if you're pushing through that pain and misery to work out. Nice work man.
>>
>>34992604
20 is a weird age for being sociable. Not quite a teenager anymore, not yet a decadent 20 something. Don't sweat it, things get better once you start narrowing down your career options. Congrats on the weight.
>>34992651
Word. Muscles aren't the only area of life one should work on. Sorry bout your g-pa.
>>
>>34992565
The issues exist, but depending on where you live the media either downplay political mistakes/backtracks which then get pointed out in the internet causing shitstorms or predict the end of the world and socioeconomic collapse and cause even more shitstorms on the internet.

The fact that popular politicians of both left and right don't have rational solutions to problems like the refugee invasion or over-saturation of college graduates doesn't make not worrying about them any easier.
>>
>>34992585
It's winter in Burgerland
>>
>Start getting fit for handegg a bit more than year ago
>After 3 months of liftan find out I didn't have enough money for that season for the necessary insurance
>That and the fact that my progress hadn't been great killed my motivation
>I tried to carry on, but shitty school success made me quit and try to concentrate on school
>Didn't work
>The whole summer I didn't work out because moms' place didn't have room for my barbell
>Tried picking up on the habit of working out every other day again this fall a few times, failed those too
I won't make it because of my shitty excuses. Considering an hero
>>
>>34992658

Thanks man.
>>
>>34992056
Fuck you, leave him alone. You just want everybody to be miserable as you are so you don't feel lonely.
>>
>>34990797
Time of my life, spent a few months 1500miles away from "home". decided to just get a plane ticket and go home for the holidays, work allows it and i'll work from home for a few days, feels good man, not spending thanksgiving alone,
>>
>>34990797
how did the wolf split open the watermelon so cleanly??
>>
>>34992867
With a knife you dumbass.
>>
>>34990797
congrats
keep fighting the good fight
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.