[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the entire lifting/fitness community obsessed with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: attachment.jpg (45 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
45 KB, 800x600
Why is the entire lifting/fitness community obsessed with the way they look? And why are only people who lift and aren't bothered about their six pack fat fucks? Where is the middle ground?
>>
>>34986457
>everyone bigger than me is fat
>>
>>34986460
everyone smaller than me is a weak faggot. that is just how it is.
>>
>>34986460
Seriously. The only people who claim to not really care about aesthetics are the ones who can't stop eating snack cakes and coke
>>
>>34986460
you mean

>anyone bigger than me is on roids
>anyone more cut is dyel
>>
>>34986457
>community obsessed with the way they look
Not everyone is obssessed but giant biceps no triceps or other disproportions can make you look like shit.Why is it a problem if people care if they look good they are working hard for it.
>only people who don't give a shit look like shit tb h
>>
>>34986482

I don't really care about aesthetics and I'm not fat
I mean it is nice to have a decent shape but I really can't give a fuck about having visible abs or striations or anything. I just want to look joocy at 12-15%BF
>>
the middle ground is actually going outside and joining a sport
>>
>>34986457
Because it shows your progress and fitness habits
>>
>>34986457
Because people that lift for health or for a different sport they do don't actually participate in 'the fitness community'.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
>>34986457
josh hancott

powerlifter and an absolute fat fuck
>>
File: P6qBlgk[1].png (675 KB, 813x892) Image search: [Google]
P6qBlgk[1].png
675 KB, 813x892
>>34986457
Brott Gibbs, another fat as fuck powerlifter
>>
>>34987506
#cheers
>>
I don't really get why some people only care about strength and not power related feats. I mean, you'd probably think that speed and vertical are more useful than absolute strength, but none of the athletes performing for that are above 10% bf. Sick cunt mode is not caring about how you look but maintaining a low bodyfat and high strength for performance reasons t.bh f.am
>>
>>34987641
sick cunt shit is doing things like backflips and rock climbing and shit like that
>>
I've been browsing /fit/ since 2011 and I've never even touched a weight.

People personalize this and take out their anger on me when I mention this just because I don't care about devoting time to some hobby.

I don't really get it. Someone like myself who only does cardio and eats very well will garner the same amount of anger a Tumblr fatty would on /fit/. Why can't we be satisfied as long as someone's healthy?

This place is weird and neurotic.
>>
>>34987516
didnt he get keked by le vegan
>>
>>34987675
because being strong is a very valuable asset to a man.
everyone should at least do some kind of calisthenics as a baseline for strength imo, unless you have a physically intensive job.
>>
>>34987778
>calisthenics
>baseline for strength

Goddamn fit has hit a new low
>>
>>34987778
This, just throw in some pushups/pullups here and there.
>>
>>34987820
most average people barely do anything fuck all additional for exercise that daily life doesn't require of them. how is calisthenics not a good baseline?
I didn't say limit yourself to 20 situps and crunches, there's plenty of variations and more advanced exercises.
>>
>>34987850
>there are "people" who can't do 1 pushup
>>
>>34987850
All you do in calisthenics is learn how to throw your 60kg body around, really...

>throwing 60kg around
>strength
>>
>>34987872
I said as a fucking baseline.
>implying modern life requires anything more of a person in terms of strength
plus there's
>dip bars
>weighted pushups
>gymnastics
>climbing
tons of things you can do to make it more intensive
>>
>>34987872
>60kg body
dyel?
>>
>>34987888
>implying modern life requires anything more of a person in terms of strength

goddamn what a retarded argument, that applies to calisthenics aswell.
>>
>>34987872
>60kg

Speaking from experience as a member of the 5'5 club?
>>
>>34987872
but yeah I guess deadlifting and squatting 300 lbs for 3 seconds in sets of 5 is much more valuable because we're out there pushing tree trunks off people all the time right
>>
>>34987898
Im not 60kg.
>>
>>34987906
>Doesnt realize some people can rep 300 squats and deads for over 10 reps

Lol, says more about you and your achievements than you think breh
>>
>>34987915
It's not that I don't realize it, this is /fit/, I just don't cae.
I don't squat or deadlift because I find it pointless and risky but I do bench press and OHP and use machines, as well as calisthenics. and guess what I'm usually the biggest dude around and get told I'm ripped regularly.
>>
>>34987906
>300lbs for a 5x1
Top shitposting m80
>>
>>34987939
lol
>>
>>34987943
>lol
do you live on /fit/?
most people are skinny fat and don't lift.
men who do look big usually are just fatfucks that happen to be tall and have a decent frame.
>>
File: scoobyfunny.jpg (138 KB, 1277x586) Image search: [Google]
scoobyfunny.jpg
138 KB, 1277x586
>>34987939
>>
>>34987950
oh no, why, why live if I can't look like scooby. I must have stumbled into the gay/body dysmorphia quadrant of /fit/. seeya guys in the mess hall later. good luck
>>
>>34987949
Show us a pic of your big ripped calisthentics / machine bod senpai
>>
>>34987967
>bench press
>OHP
>machines
>weighted calisthenics
are you arguing that it's not possible to get bigger than the average person using just these exercises?
like I said, in my experience most people do fuck all, maybe you live somewhere that this isn't the case. I wasn't trying to brag
>>
>>34987986
So now you're not a big ripped guy anymore, you're larger than the average person? lol
>>
>>34987999
does larger than the average person = big ripped guy?
it's just a matter of how you use the terminology, but yeah I guess I would consider myself both since that's what I've been told and what it seems like when comparing myself to "average" people, not /fit/izens or bodybuilders.
what the fuck honestly is funny, chucklefuck.
I have respect for people that deadlift and squat, I just can't with my current setup.
>>
>>34987986
What do you do for legs and core?

Im personally taking a break from squats and doing front squats. Gonna keep deadlifting tho
>>
>>34988012
...machines
>>
File: 1446508414768.jpg (15 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
1446508414768.jpg
15 KB, 301x301
>>34988010
>ITT this guy moving the goalposts and arguing semantics
>>
>>34988024
>enter thread to tell a guy that only does cardio that he should throw in some calisthenics
>get baited into defending myself and my routine by this faggot that probably doesn't even lift
alright, you win. I'm out.
>>
>>34988030
>calisthenics

You sure as hell dont
>>
>>34988010
if you've never deadlifted or squatted, you're not bigger than anyone basically.

also you can't deadlift?! what the fuck workout equipment do you have? a pec fly machine and a huge tub of whey protein? you're stupid, fuck off, i hate you!
>>
>>34988043
go break your spine deadlifting nigger, I don't care.
if you're only exercise is running yeah I think you should ramp it up and do calisthenics, and maybe lifting if you can find time. what do you want me to say?
>>
>>34988052
I'm bigger than anyone that hasn't done the other exercises I mentioned that is my same height and frame :^)
>>
>>34988055
YOU would break your spine deadlifting, i wont because ive fucking trained by back, hamstrings and glutes. God fucking dammit how ignorant can you be? You know what you're saying is bullshit, so why do it?
>>
>>34988065
>injuries can't happen unexpectedly
>>
>>34988085
No shit, whos to say you wont fall down while hanging upside down from a fucking playground bar and breaking your goddamn neck?
>>
>>34988090
I don't do that
heavy compound bar movements just happen to require more time to learn, money for a gym, and are riskier, than say pull ups and pushups, which is why I don't think the average person really needs or should invest in doing them.
I don't have a problem with people that do do them or anything
why are you guys so damn chirpy about this?
>>
>>34988107
Me personally, i just dont like being halfassed about it.
>>
>>34988115
grats, go for your goals then. just don't see the point in judging people.
some dudes just want to be able to run for 30 miles non stop or do backflips or something. there's no one right path
>>
>>34988126
tb.h fa.m i feel like we had a decent discussion for 4chan standards, i wish you luck on your goals.
>>
>>34987820
How many strict chinups can you do?
>>
>>34987718
Nah that was that bodybuilder who looks like Bret
>>
If you spend the same ludicrous amount of time obsessing about something else besides lifting you would expect perfection in the same regard.
>>
>>34987965
Whoosh
>>
>>34988055
>break your spine deadlifting
crossfit pls go
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.