[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a good bodyweight routine for a beginner? I know pushups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: btW2npz.jpg (194 KB, 728x1046) Image search: [Google]
btW2npz.jpg
194 KB, 728x1046
What is a good bodyweight routine for a beginner? I know pushups squats and crunches are good but what else should I do and where should I read up about this stuff.
>>
>>34985696
>inb4 lebbit
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/comments/3cel1n/read_this_before_posting/
The routine they have is good.
>>
File: workout.jpg (3 MB, 3773x4000) Image search: [Google]
workout.jpg
3 MB, 3773x4000
try this, slut
>>
>>34985696
/asp/ bodyweight general has massive pastebin etc for resources
>>
>>34985699
>>34985707
>>34985758
Thanks guys
>>
>>34985770
np mate.
>>
>>34985777

All the ones posted suck ass
>>
File: TaRUkxo.png (355 KB, 2485x3512) Image search: [Google]
TaRUkxo.png
355 KB, 2485x3512
>>34985696
also here's the leddit workout
>>
>>34985788
Ehh, the reddit one is basic and decent for beginners, though they could afford to add a few things. The big chart isn't that helpful because its just a list of exercises with no cues. the asp thread has torrents for Foundation and a heap of other decent info there. But its supposed to: its the bodyweight general. used to be on /fit/
>>
>>34985803

Foundation 1 2 3 4. Reddit one is 2nd best probs
>>
>>34985820
Reddit one is second best for basic framework I think, I've never had a look at the Startbodyweight routine and a few other alternatives. Body By Rings is supposed to be very good if you're looking for a bodybuilding-type program that utilises rings. No complex skills, but a lot of development to achieve a decent aesthetic appearance.
>>
>>34985770
>>>/asp/756838
>>
>>34985846

>FitnessFAQs

Meh he's cool.
>>
>>34985846

What's his background btw? Did he also rip sommers info? Dude is aesthetic, but hi backne is kinda suspicious.
>>
>>34985851
pity it had to move, would have liked to have had extra people here to discuss bodyweight stuff with in /fit/

>>34985874
Not much of an idea: I know he's got a bachelors of sport science, and a masters in physiotherapy, though how well that equips him to design a training program is up for debate.

As for his back, i see acne scarring perhaps but doesn't look like the outbreaks that steroids create. Maybe had it bad as a kid and got onto accutane or whatever it is. Five years of training, including rings skills, I think it's reasonable that he's natty with an unusually strong ethic towards diet and training.
>>
>>34985897

Yeah i suppose you're right. A light does would help tho
>>
>>34985918
Oh I agree, and the amount of muscle he packs onto his back suggests either he's shorter, which makes sense for a gymnast, or, that he's been on something. I'm just taking what he himself has said into account after accusations that he was on gear. Either way, I don't really care that much if the program is good, and he's got a good standing with a bunch of others in the community which bolsters his credibility.
>>
>>34985937

I hope all the misinformation goes under soon.
>>
>>34985970
If the program is good, I don't really care about the circumstances of its creator to be honest. Not that I use Body By Rings anyway, I've just heard that its a decent program if bodybuilding via rings training is more your goal.

I prefer the skill-orientated approach of Foundation. And I find ido Portal's "we are not training we are moving" thing to be stupid.
>>
>>34985998

Yeah i got you, id be interested to take a look at it. Idoportal is such a pretentious ass, totally stole sommers work, who else can you name that has stolen sommers work it's a damn list, it's a damn shame.
>>
>Mfw this entire fucking show is made to make fatasses and dyels start doing basic strengthtraining
>>
>>34986033
Yeah I'd be interested in having a look at it myself too. Yeah Portal is very pretentious. Sommer isn't exactly innocent either, I dislike some of the things he's done with GB management, but his training works, and he can do with his products and forums etc as he likes.
>>
>>34986056

whats wrong with the gb management
>>
>>34985696
A general rule for me personally - I get better results from calisthenics when I focus on quality over quantity. Perform everything slowly and/or with tension in the working muscles with perfect form. In my opinion, dynamic tension is the unspoken rule that some "get" and some don't. It really explains why one person will get awesome results from light resistance, and another won't. The technique was well-known in Victorian era physical culture.
>>
>>34986233
Some of Sommer's decisions regarding the GB forums and his restrictions on information and individuals irks me. It almost entirely dissolved the best bodyweight community available on the net, and even then, a lot of respected contributors such as Joshua Naterman have decided to leave. Now a lot of the truly knowledgeable guys have dispersed.
>>
>>34985897

Why did bodyweight have to move to /asp/? I have always been curious about that.
>>
>>34985846
where can i get body by rings without having to pay 67 bucks for a pdf and some excel spread sheets?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.