[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much can a lack of mobility fuck you up? I'm used
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (258 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
258 KB, 600x600
How much can a lack of mobility fuck you up?

I'm used to squatting 450-500+ high bar, easy. For the past few weeks I've had this horrible tightness in the front of my hip, I think it's the anterior hip flexor. I can't squat shit. Went from hitting 405+ on a bad day while sick, to 275 feeling ungodly heavy.
>>
If you're high bar squatting and not able to go a2g then eventually you'll reach a point where you'll be all kinds of fucked up if you keep upping the weight.

Also compromising form in the slightest to lift the weight. Should stop at technical failure if you don't have the mobility
>>
>>34984256
How much can a lack of mobility fuck you up?
I'm used to deadlifting 900-950+ double overhand, easy. For the past few weeks I've had this horrible tightness in my back, I think it's the spinal erector. I can't deadlift shit. Went from hitting 905+ on a bad day while sick, to 315 feeling ungodly heavy.
>>
>>34984276
It's just crazy to me that I went from hitting monster weights to hip tightness that ruins everything. Even my deadlift is keked
>>
>>34984276
I feel as if I have zero power from my glutes
>>
>>34984287
Cool
>>
>>34984287
I'm glad fit is so full of useful posters.
>>
Have you tried foam rolling?
>>
File: 1375398714_1372886143-viper.jpg (25 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1375398714_1372886143-viper.jpg
25 KB, 280x280
>>34984337
OP is a prime example

>Guys I have a question. I know I can use google to actually find the answer, but I came on a mongolian frog trading forum instead
>>
>>34984368
Am currently foam rolling and doing mobility work, it just feels so fucked. I wanted to make sure that lack of mobility could account for the loss in owner before I went to physical Therapy
>>
>>34984374
So what exactly is fit for then? Steroid general threads? Are you retarded?
>>
>>34984374
I like how in your effort to sound and feel superior, you just make yourself look like a fuck tard.
>>
>>34984374
You got that frog I sent you?
>>
>>34984377
Yeah, you should probably have started earlier. Try picking up a simple mobility routine and foam roll before every training session. I've posted it to death, but Joe DeFranco's Agile 8 did wonders for me.

I suggest you incorporate mobility work into your routine as prehab, and then work your way back up through the weights. If it still feels off, you might want to see the doctors about it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.