[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forearms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Forearms.jpg (876 KB, 1520x1200) Image search: [Google]
Forearms.jpg
876 KB, 1520x1200
What do you do for forearms, /fit/?

I recently added 3x10 sets of hammer curls and 3 sets of wrist roller (roll it up backward with narrow grip, roll it down, roll it up forward with close grip, roll it down) to the end of my pull days.

Questions: Is there any different between rolling backward and rolling forward? With a narrow or a close grip? My gym has a wrist roller attached to some kind of ladder, which is about chest high. Would it be preferable to use a wrist roller that isn't attached to anything so you have to lift it up yourself? Also it's really burning my hands when I roll it down, any ways to avoid that?
>>
>>34984005
On my last rep of my last set of deadlifts I just hold the bar as long as I can. Same idea with pull ups and chins.
>>
>>34984037
I've been doing that to improve grip strength as well, but I just wanna make the fuckers grow
>>
>>34984051
Doing overhand barbell compounds has not only made my grip completely based (500lb deadlift double overhand), my forearms are 14.5" now and vascular as fuck. A responsible recommendation that I don't currently do is work your extensors to help avoid tendonitis

Farmer's walks are unnecessary unless you're training strongman, grippers are completely unnecessary, and the wrist bending shit you're doing now is not only unnecessary but also potentially harmful
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2398x3224) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2398x3224
Hang cleans
Hang snatches
Deadlift
Ohp
>>
File: 1446620143829.jpg (44 KB, 282x341) Image search: [Google]
1446620143829.jpg
44 KB, 282x341
>>34984127
>Ohp
How does OHP work your forearm?
>>
>>34984885
Overhead stabilising works the forearms alot believe it or not
>>
>>34984127
>>34984885
It's not called "Ohp" or "OHP"

The lift is called The Press.
>>
>>34984930
or scoobypress if you do it with dumbbells
>>
>>34984930
Im used to ohp because powerlifters call benchpressing the press

And we oly ohp is press
Just say ohp to avoid confusion
>>
>>34984937
Is there any other way to do The Press?
With barbells its just OHP.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.