[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is wrapping plastic around your stomach for weight loss an actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: bullshit.jpg (117 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
117 KB, 720x720
Is wrapping plastic around your stomach for weight loss an actually thing? My friends say it's legit, but I think it's bullshit
>>
>>34982825
forgot to add, you have it wrapped around you while you exercise, apparently helping you lose more weight due to sweating more. I'm not interested in trying this, just want to settle a debate.
>>
If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
>>
>>34982825
Its probably the same shit as hemorrhoid cream used to be. People would wrap themselves in plastic with that cream and it would make the skin shrink and make you lose a little water weight.
>>
of course it's bullshit
where does the fat go?
fucking nowhere
>>
it forces the fluid in your abdominal tissue into other parts of your party.

it only gives you the appearance of being thinner around your midsection.
>>
>>34982854
Thats good enough though τbh
People only care about belly fat for a reason
>>
>>34982867
OP specifically said weight loss
if you're just trying to look thinner because something tight is wrapped around your waist, just buy a corset
>>
>>34982825
Absolutely legit. Lost 2 inches over the last weekend
>>
>>34982867
that's just for a couple of hours, maybe a day
>>
>>34982894
this

the fluids flow back btw you won't appear like that for very long
>>
>>34982825
i never understood shit like this
>diet pills
>diet meal plans
>corset
>shrink wrapping your stomach
all this random bullshit to lose weight
i doubt these people exercise for more than 30 minutes a day
there was a webm posted on fit before with a bunch of whales in a book store talking about how all these diet books and diet plans didnt help them lose weight
i bet none of them even set foot into a gym
>>
>>34982925
Loosing weight is 90% of diet and 10% of exercise to be honest family
>>
>>34982925

As a former lardass It pisses me off they can't grasp a simple fucking concept like calories in, calories out. There are tons of fucking calorie counting apps nowadays.

Ex gf was and still is like this. She was taking diet pills and doing all kinds of bullshit to lose weight. I told her to count her calories and she gave me the usual "I don't eat much. I only eat this and that bla bla bla". Saw her last week (we go to the same uni) and she got even fatter than before. She told me she goes to the same gym as me but I've never even seen her there.

I lost around 30 pounds while she was doing her bullshit by just counting my calories with myfitnesspal and lifting. Simple as that.
>>
Portion size control weight and body composition.
Dietary make up controls organ health.
Exercise controls musculoskeletal health and general muscle size.
Everything beyond this is bullshit.

Could more about this topic be said? Yes. Does more about this topic need to be said? Not really, not to you.
>>
its similar to a sweat suit i think, which are legit. they are super hard on your body though and will give you a heart attack way easier.
>>
>>34985718
my gf does the same exact shit, i start mentioning how its mostly about calories and she complains how i think i know everything and how she needs to do more cardio..

sigh. this is why bullshit weight loss nonsense sells so much to these morons
>>
>>34982993
Not who you responded to but I feel like they were on the right track.. I would bet that none of these people actually truly watched how many calories they consumed either.
>>
unrelated but I read that in India, construction workers rub water on their stomach and wrap a wet towel around their stomach so that they dont get hunger pangs during work
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.