[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have any mantras or personal mechanisms that help to keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: tumblr_nxs2g9FvwD1tas9yjo2_540.jpg (56 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxs2g9FvwD1tas9yjo2_540.jpg
56 KB, 540x360
Do you have any mantras or personal mechanisms that help to keep yourself in check as far as consistency goes?
>>
>>34980384
Just tell myself I am not a phaggot.
>>
>>34980384

>>34980393 This really. Self loathing and "Invictus" do it for me.
>>
I summon thy Zyzz spirit in thyself.
>>
>>34980384
>become another person
>become another person
>become another person
>becum another person
>becuum anudddaaa person
>becuum anudddaaa persion
works when I want to become a snake charmer to save my father ezio.
>>
My motivation is twofold:

1. If I miss a workout, I will loathe myself more than ever.
2. The actual act of working out get me out of my own head for an hour.
>>
I want to have the perfect week.

This is where I work all 5 days in the week without being late to work, hit the gym on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and complete my sets there, and also go to Jiu Jitsu on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I did it in my first week, but then I got drunk and vomited everywhere on the Friday, because my brother and friend turmed up that afternoon and we went to a party. I count this as a failure, so I'm not going to get drunk anymore.

I also want sexy abs, so I gotta keep hitting the gym.
>>
when im in the weightroom i do something i call mental shitposting
>going for a squat PR
>approach the rack
>think to myself
>implying this barbell is heavy
>i shiggy diggy
>2010+5
>squatting less than 4 plate
>at this point i do costanza face and go for the lift
>>
>>34980384
>every day I whisper to myself "grow grow grow" and imagine myself getting taller
>>
>>34980384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLz22lTqmq0

Idk man i don't think i can do this
>>
>>34980384
The pain and suffering I put myself through at the gym is nothing compared to the pain and suffering my life would be if I sat on my ass and did nothing.
>>
>>34980526
>tried this
>didn't work
fug, wat do?
>>
>>34980384
Every time I succeed at something I tell myself
"Good job, now do it again."
Good set? Do it again
Ran 2 miles? Good so far, do it again, make it 4.
New PR.? Again faggot.
>>
>>34980518
kek I do the same thing
>>
>>34980384

Whwnever I find myself thinking about quitting on the middle of a run or struggling with a set I go full autism And repeat to myself "the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" or a paraphrasing that I prefer "the flesh is capable but unwilling"
>>
>>34980518
>mfw whenever I struggle I go lamo x plate
>>
>>
>>34980541
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>34980467
fucking top kek
>>
>>34980384
just be patient, you're doing everything right, you're gonna make it
>>
>>34980686

What is this miscarriage of penmanship?
>>
>>34980497
this. i'm an ex-eating disordered faggot and if I don't work out my diet and the way i think about/see food goes to shit
>>
>>34980384
"Eh fuck it"
>>
>decide not to workout before heading to work
>go to work
>get home from work
>jerk off
>think "well... nothing to do for 2 hrs before bed, may as well lift"
>go lift weights
>>
I take a picture of just about every meal I eat.

When I look at a gallery of beautiful food and perfect nutrition, it's satisfying.

The thought of adding garbage food to it and sullying it upsets me.

Knowing my diet is better than just about everyone's here is nice. But I'm a DYEL cardiofag so there's that.
>>
>>34980384
I think back on being the 130kg hamlord that couldn't walk 100m without lower back pain and sleeping problems. Never going back to that. + the closer I get to 4/3/2/1 plates is motivating as fuarrkk, 3 plate squat soon, deadlift moving ever closer to 4 plates, ohp nearly 1 plate and bench is approaching two plate a little bit slower but progress is still happening. We all gun make it nigguhs
>>
I scream

"C'Mon!!! Don't be a fucking bitch!"

In my head.
>>
>>34980384
"I didn't come this far just to turn around"
>>
Man, I would give up, but I know that by doing so, nothing will change. It wont ease the pain, quite the opposite, things are going to get much, much worse if I slow down just by a little bit. So yeah, with this in mind, the only way left is pretty much just the way forward. Thats the only way towards easing the pain. Thats the way I enjoy, thats the way I have fun going on. Or, well, at least thats what I keep telling myself.
>>
>>34980384
"Man of action, man of action"
>>
>>34980384
Moar
>>
>>34980384
It's a state of mind...
>tfw gonna be a Royal Marine one day
>>
before deadlifting I sometimes mutter "I'm the prince of all saiyans" under my breath.

yeah, I know.
>>
>>34980384
"What am I a bitch?"

>works everytime
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447611918965.jpg (27 KB, 604x571) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447611918965.jpg
27 KB, 604x571
My mantra? Well, of motivation I am not a big fan, but I tell myself every day... to not become a Mosquito Man!

BUZZ BUZZ MOSQUITO MAN!

TELL YOURSELF TO BUZZ NO MORE, SO YOU CAN TURN BODY FROM ROCK TO ORE!

BUZZ BUZZ MOSQUITO MAN!

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE END, WHERE WAITS HIS ONE FRIEND!

BUZZ BUZZ MOSQUITO MAN!

HE LONGS FOR THE ABYSS, WITH HIS LAST REP OF LIFE, HE'LL HISS!

BUZZ BUZZ MOSQUITO MAN!

BUZZ BUZZ.
>>
Two really.

1. Fuck I suck
2. God damn I suck

Personal insults toward myself help my wondering pussy gaze.
>>
>>34980384

"You could be back on 4chan"
>>
File: 1445450496233.jpg (150 KB, 700x506) Image search: [Google]
1445450496233.jpg
150 KB, 700x506
I N V I S I B L E C O U N S E L L O R S T E C H N I Q U E
>>
"you can never make up for a missed training session"
>>
It sounds really gay, but if I have someone in my life I'll say something like "You think you deserve her if you can't even go to the gym / lift that?"
Then if I'm single it's "You think you're gonna find someone if you don't x?"
>>
Fear me god for I am man
>>
>>34980384
>"stop flinching"
https://raouldify.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/2011_1203-the-flinch.pdf
>>
>>34980384
Two things really.
1) a soft voice that soothes my mind and reassures me
2) a brittle voice that degrades me and demands me to get stronger
I guess like two personalities of the inner dialogue that I create when I lift. Works pretty well.
>>
>>34980384
>"That (insert work weight here) isn't going to (insert lift here) itself."
>>
>>34981895
that is a fucking excellent idea
>>
>>34980384
"But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
>>
>>34980549
leg extensions, m8
>>
I like to look at her new boyfriends profile and all our old photos.

Pure hate is the only way I keep on track. If I start to get comfortable by hanging around my new gf too much k start to get complacent and think maybe it's ok if I eat this ENTIRE TUB OF FUCKING ICE CREAM BECSUSE SHE LOVES ME SO SHE WILL ACCEPT ME AS I AM
>>
>>34980384
might be a little cliche or autismo, but after experiencing difficult times I sort of think of a wild wolf or any animal really. They probably have enough consciousness to be upset about losing a member of their pack (which i related to loved one i lost in my life) and howl at the moon or think about them, remember them, wonder about them in some animal way or whatever. But they dont stay still. They continue to move and survive, they dont just sit there and cry and die. So I try and tell myself "move or die" or "keep moving or die" in life, when I'm upset or just want to give up or feel stuck. I dont think Im a wolf or anything, I just think the lesson that you can be upset and care for a loved one, but at the same time keep up your duty to keep on living is a good one.
>>
>>34980467
kek'd
>>
I repeated to myself like a complete autist
>I can fucking do this
>I can FUCKING do this
>I CAN FUCKING DO THIS
>>
>>34981813
Abortion of style
>tips Fedora
>>
>>34980640
Ok earth spirit.
>>
>>34983561
olanzapine desu senpai
>>
>>34980384
I hear the voice of Ronnie Coleman, claiming that everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, and nobody wants to lift this heavy ass weight. I then proceed to lift the heavy ass weight.

Also, I constantly measure myself by the standards of Rick Ross. When he posits the question "Have you ever made love to the woman of your dreams in a room full of money out in London while she screams?"

No you fat nig, I haven't, but I take that as a personal challenge.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
to get a confidence boost before going out i thrown on some gangster balkan shit in the car (am slav) and smoke a cig. do rapping motions with hands
>>
>>34980467
Kek
>>
>mantras or personal mechanisms

the word you're looking for may be heuristic
>>
“Without training, they lacked knowledge.
Without knowledge, they lacked confidence.
Without confidence, they lacked victory.”

~ Julius Caesar
>>
>>34980384
I am of average intelligence, I don't come from a rich background, I have shit genetics, I am depressed and sometimes I just want to give up and go drill oil in the North Atlantic.

Do you know what keeps me in check - discipline and some of the best time-management you will see in a person. It is this that has allowed me to get some level of success, despite the drawbacks I have.
>>
https://youtu.be/Ysnd0bsrb8Q

I'm on my way
>>
Nobody cares about what you used to be able to do or what you're going to be able to do. They care about what you do at that moment in time.

This applies to anything, so always strive for greatness in any endeavor.
>>
>>34980384
"This is pain, I can take more"
>>
>>34986468
How to into time management and discipline?
>>
>>34984355
Gonna steal, bro. My future self thanks you for his gains.
>>
File: 1225596941657.jpg (128 KB, 450x494) Image search: [Google]
1225596941657.jpg
128 KB, 450x494
Goonies never say die

GOONIES
NEVER
SAY
DIE

Or i will praise the Emperor.

Because the Emperor protects
>>
>>34983076
Prince of all saiyans not even as strong as lowly Goku. Keep trying.
>>
File: Stockhausen K.jpg (1 MB, 2303x1654) Image search: [Google]
Stockhausen K.jpg
1 MB, 2303x1654
>>34980384
lifting is often the best part of my day.

as for other shit, think of the enemies and evil I want to fuck up (a few choice people, depression, death) and know that nothing will come of it if I don't fight.
Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito. Latin: Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.
>>
I thought I was crazy until I saw Chris duffin do the same thing but I just get tunnel vision and get angry af, while insulting the barbell/talking to myself. I just think about how I have 0 social skills or how my family is completely fucked in the head and how far away I am from where I want to be.
>>
Because I'm a guy with huge ambitions. I made up my mind that I'll either live as a king, or die as a beggar- fuck averageness. Being mr.Nobody, working my ass of for some shitty company for an entire life is my definition of nightmare- and I don't care if that makes me sound like a dick. Lifting isn't my priority, but it's still pretty damn important. The thing is, that despite my overblown ego I've been weak my entire life- both mentally and physically. I want to know what it fells like to be strong, to be a person that others can look up to and depend on when shit gets real. I just want to be as close to my idealised self as possible
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.