[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight not changing at all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
Femanon here, 170cm/70kg. Sounds bad, right. (Cup size B, pants size 28'.)

Been lifting for several years. I lift 5-6 times a week, do HIIT 2-3x a week as well.

For some reason cutting is hard as fuck. I got a fair share of muscles, I'm not literally fat or got a big tummy or anything, but sure I could cut some. But despite all the activities and cutting calories to 1000-1200kcal, absolutely nothing happens. Tried that for 2 months and ended up losing 200g. Decided to stop stressing about it, ate pretty much what I liked (normal food, I eat fasthood or candy relatively rarely.) and I was certain than I must have gained, after all I ate a lot more than during my dieting time. Result = hadn't gain any weight. Once I spent 3 week on a holiday, hit the gym maybe 4 times in total and eat a lot - didn't gain weight at all.

I don't understand. I know how diet works, I don't drink soda, juice or use any dressings which would explain me getting extra calories. How much do I actually have to cut my calories in order to actually lose some weight? (65kg would be just fine.) How come my weight just gets stuck with 70kg? Really hard to gain weight, hard to lose too.
>>
Show tits ya silly bitch
>>
your maintenance cals are way above 1000 so chances are you're miscalculating by snacking or booze. It is impossible to eat significantly less than maintenance for months and see no changes to body comp

there are also some changeable factors that come into play when you make dietary changes like water weight, glycogen, etc.
>>
>>34979225
Cutting too hard will ultimately lower your BMR, making it harder to lose weight. It's also very possible that you're counting wrong, we've all done it.

Try for a deficit of 3500 a week and see if the needle moves after a couple weeks.
>>
L I N G E N ( E M S )
I
N
G
E
N
(
E
M
S
)
>>
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
since its a girl its safe to say she is counting calories wrong. thread over
>>
>>34979267
I don't snack really, and I try to eat carrots or fruits if I feel like eating something. So no candy, no added sugar really, definitely not alcohol.

Could stress play a big part here? I been stressing like crazy for the past year cause of my studies and changing life situation. It has caused me some hair loss, could it be a reason why my weight isn't really coming down?

Or could my hormone implant have something to do with this? I got a Nexplanon in my arm.

>>34979282
I honestly doubt that I have. For example what I ate yesterday:
>1,5dl oatmeal for breakfast, some cottage cheese on the side, a banana, a boiled egg, a cup of coffee
>exactly the same thing later in the evening and some cashew nuts.

That's all I ate, I doubt it can be more than 1300kcal in that. But I assume it's still too much? I try to do intermitted fastning though, so that's why I eat so much at one meal at a time.
>>
Not to hijack, but related question.

How long should one stay in a catabolic/anabolic state? In other words, what's optimal in terms of times to stay bulking/cutting?

I hear, "if you feel too fat cut". But is there any sense in a 4 week bulk, or a 2 week cut?

And scooby says you can gain weight and cut fat at the same time, but he says you can only put on 10 lbs of muscle per year max, so that sort of defeats the point of bulk/cut. Is he wrong about that?
>>
You eat too much

that's how it works

/thread
>>
>>34979225
you must have miscalculated. eating 1000-1200 would mean i'd drop 2kg per week and im just 30kg heavier than you
>>34979323
doesnt matta
there have been superfatties on 0 calorie diets for years which went from 200+kg to 70kg

you can lose about 60kg a year if you eat 0 calories and just vitamin pills
>>
File: WdK0HQQ.png (339 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
WdK0HQQ.png
339 KB, 851x315
>>34979305

this
>>
>>34979225
post stats on
>bench
>deadlift
>squat
>press
>>
>>34979315

yeah they could have some effect, I mean theoretically it's possible that because of your hormone balance you're finding it hard to maintain muscle mass because stress hormones break it down, but that you don't see changes in weight more or less confirms that your cal counting is wrong. There's not much wiggle room here. I'd go with anon's suggestion of a more moderate deficit, maybe 500 less than TDEE

>>34979323

the only people who should be manipulating hormones are pros, for people like you it's basically a waste of time
>>
>>34979363
>bench
56kg
>deadlift
don't actually do this on regular basis or with big weights since my knee tends to get sore afterwards
>squat
80kg
>press
40kg
>>
>>34979531
not 56, 65kg
>>
>>34979282
>muh starvation mode
>>
>>34979225
bitch you're eating too much, too many calories on a consistent enough basis to fuck up your diet. Eat 500 calories/day of one food for a month you will lose a lot of weight. Eat 1-2 chicken breasts a day and some broccoli.
>>
>>34979557
How am I supposed to work out 5 times a week and do any HIIT and study with a diet like that? And wouldn't all my muscles melt off too?

Sounds a bit too extreme desu, and if I go to bed hungry, I can't sleep well.
>>
>>34979393

Not sure how hormones came into this. I'm asking, what's the optimal length of a cutting/bulking cycle for a natty?

Will 2 weeks of bulking be enough time for the body to actually put on lean muscle mass?

Zyzz (juiced I know) mentioned doing "mini-cuts" somewhere I can't recall where. Basically a 1 or 2 week cut every now and then. Is that worthwhile, or will a 1 week cut have more impact on muscle than body fat?
>>
>>34979573
>t? And wouldn't all my muscles melt off too?
everything will.Don't listen to him.For the most part losing weight is calories in >calories out don't go too extreme.Are you counting calories?If not you may be underestimating how little you eat.
>>
>>34979603

oh, I assumed you were talking about changing diet on an hourly or daily basis in order to get the most out of insulin secretion.

I think the best thing to do as a natty is essentially just clean bulk with a surplus of 500cal until you get to a stage where you should cut because you need a break
>>
>>34979639
>with a surplus of 500cal until you get to a stage where you should cut because you need a break

So you would time it with a deload or something? Not sure what need a break means here.
>>
>>34979675

it usually means when you get injured or you start looking too fat. It's really all personal preference but honestly I've only ever seen microcuts work on juiced guys, the rest just hover in this perpetual state of looking decent but not great. i.e. natties shouldn't sabotage their progress by trying to cut every few weeks, save it for every few months if that.
>>
>>34979225
Jesus Christ, stop looking at your weight, and instead look at your body fat percentage (measure either with the electro scale or the water test). Your body might just be replacing ugly fat with beautiful sexy muscle. Stop trying to lose "weight", instead, focus on losing body fat percentage.
>>
>>34979240
>>>/b/
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.