[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up my feet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: us9ILbu.jpg (427 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
us9ILbu.jpg
427 KB, 858x536
So I was running, and stepped into a hole, my feet hurts a lot every time I make a step.

Thing is I'm cutting and I need cardio. The pain is bareable at the beginning but then it's awful, it's been 4 days since it happenned.

What can I take/use to train? I don't want to rest.
>>
>>34978916
stationary bike or swim.

Whatever you do, don't run.
>>
row machine
>>
Swimming is probably the only real safe thing.
>>
>>34978941
>>34978924
>>34978927
My gym doesn't have a swimming pool nor a row machine. Sucks, I know. Should I use one of those things that compress your feet? Will it help with the pain? So at least I can do some lightweight HIIT like steps, for example.
>>
>>34978961
You really should give it some rest.No swimming pools around you?Swimming is optimal since no strain on your foot.
>>
>>34978961
If your foot hurts, don't do anything high impact on your foot, honestly kin.
>>
>>34978916
give it rest fucker, you'll end up having a fucked up foot forever if you dont take the time to heal it properly now.

just focus on your diet for a while
>>
File: gray_3-4.jpg (96 KB, 819x480) Image search: [Google]
gray_3-4.jpg
96 KB, 819x480
>>34978927
I've tried the ones at my gym a couple of times but I can't really feel it. Am I doing something wrong?
I go for like 10 minutes and I don't really get tired. And it's not like my endurance is good. It's actually so terrible that if I go running for 5 minutes I'm done. It's a Concept 2, and I put the resistance thing to 6.5 because I heard that was the most realistic. I go at a "normal" speed I guess. If you think about a person using a row machine, that's the speed I'm doing.
>>
Is is a sprain or did you actually break something?

If it's a sprain as soon as you can put weight on it start stretching it twice a day and eventually take light walks. It gets the blood flowing and helps recovery, the worst thing to do with a sprain is keep it immobile. That will just reduce the range of motion you have in it and make it less stable over time.

If it's a break or a fracture you need to stay off it and go to a doctor.
>>
>>34979042
>If it's a sprain as soon as you can put weight on it start stretching it twice a day and eventually take light walks. It gets the blood flowing and helps recovery, the worst thing to do with a sprain is keep it immobile. That will just reduce the range of motion you have in it and make it less stable over time.
Pretty sure it's a strain, I don't think anything is broken as the pain is more in the articulation zone than in the bones.
>>
>>34979040
Next time you go on it look at what the screen says. Get it on the /500m screen. Rowing a 2k in under 8 minutes is okay, under 7 is good, under 6:30 excellent. 8 minute 2k is holding a /500m split time of 2:00 or better, obv for 8 minutes.

Top rowers will be able to hold a 2:00 p much indefinitely to give some perspective.
>>
File: slooooth.jpg (214 KB, 770x513) Image search: [Google]
slooooth.jpg
214 KB, 770x513
>>34979040
>>34979102

This anon is right. Focus on your 500m split time. If you really are new to rowing/have bad cardio, 2:00 for 10mins should hurt.

Don't be fooled by the mums sliding back and forth at resistance one holding cups of coffee or the guys curling the handle (legit see both at my gym). Look up a tutorial row on getting a proper stroke, though most machines have a basic diagram on them.

Let us know how it goes! Been rowing at uni for 2.5 years now, it's the best cardio there is imo.
>>
>>34978916
want chronic foot pain for the rest of your life OP? see how well that serves your long term gains. LET YOUR FUCKING FEET HEAL PROPERLY
>>
>>34979102
>>34981714
Cool, thanks, will try it out tomorrow.
What about the resistance. Is 6.5 correct?
>>
>>34982172

I do resistance 5 for longer training, between 6-6.5 for timed pieces (20mins or shorter)
>>
>>34981714
I do intervals on the rower
10 strokes fast, normal row for 30 seconds, 15 stokes fast, normal row for 30 seconds then 20 strokes and 30 second normal - 20 min all up THEN 20 stokes, rest 30 second - 20 min all up the 5 min warm down
>>
>>34982488

>20 min all up THEN 20 stokes, rest 30 second - 20 min all up the 5 min warm down

This part confused me a little (in the English)

If you're doing intervals to improve cardio, the general rule is

>1:1 ratio time on to off e.g. 1 min flat out, 1 min no rowing

or

>builds e.g. 10 on, 10 off, 15 on, 15 off etc. as you said in the first half. Cap at around 3 and then go back down and repeat 3-5 times.
>>
>>34982593
20 strokes normaly takes me aroung 27-30 seconds so in a way its 30 secs on, 30 secs off
>>
>>34982683

That's rate 40 and pretty fast for it not to be hurting if you're OP, what sort of split time are you getting with that?
>>
>>34982702
not sure to tell you the truth, ive got rowing on sunday morning so will see what im doing
>>
>>34978916
Almost certainly a fracture. Depending on where it is and how bad it is, it could take 3 weeks or 12 weeks to heal. Go see a fucking doctor.
>>
>>34978916
just eat less man, you don't need cardio
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.