[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm doing SL 5x5. Can I do arm, chest and back on rest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1434736509038.png (714 KB, 952x558) Image search: [Google]
1434736509038.png
714 KB, 952x558
I'm doing SL 5x5.

Can I do arm, chest and back on rest days in addition to following the original program? I feel like these areas aren't getting enough compared to legs. Should I just do BB rows, BP, and OHP?
>>
you can, but it will hurt your progress. you'll run into recovery problems, your lifts will stall at lower weights than they should and you'll end up wasting time in the long run.
>>
>>34978552
okay was thinking maybe i'd try one lift per rest day.

i.e. BP on first rest day, BB row on 2nd rest day, then OHP on 3rd or something
>>
>>34978603
if you're in the early stages of the program you won't have much trouble. the program starts easy, then gets progressively harder until it eventually becomes too much and you stall. the more stupid shit you added to the program, the sooner you'll stall.
>>
It's a crappy copy of starting strength and like SS its not a body building routine, if body building is your goal find a routine designed for that.
>>
>>34978538
>you will never have chris pratt's charm, jawline, height, don't-give-a-fuck nature, or success
>>
>>34978700
not op but what do you recommend?
>>
Rest days are rest days for a reason. Add your isolations to the end of your workout, not on your rest days.
>>
>>34978843
This. I add on biceps and triceps at the end of each workout. I train for strength mainly, but nothing wrong with wanting to fill a t-shirt better
>>
If you want more volume for you're looking good muscles on a novice program just throw them in after your main movements. Just don't over do it and as soon as you stall the first time drop them the next week to see if they're what fucked your recovery up. Maybe eat more.

If you were on SS you'd eventually be doing Chin-ups/pull-ups, Back extensions and power cleans anyway.
>>
>>34978538

Alternate Pullups/Chin ups on your Bench & Diddy day, and alternate (weighted) Dips w/ Incline DB press on your press & row days. Only do weighted exercises if you can do 3 sets of 15 using nothing but bodyweight.

This should be more than enough for your beach muscles.
>>
>>34978833
I don't know man I'm not into bodybuilding, but I know stuff like Starting Strength isn't what you need since its whole purpose is to make people bigger and stronger for sports, not aesthetics.

Strong Lifts is just Starting Strength stolen and repackaged as this catch all super routine that promises everything but gives little.

I'd suggest finding some real fitness/BB sites and looking around. Check amazon for books too.
>>
File: 1424607960178.jpg (22 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
1424607960178.jpg
22 KB, 400x396
>>34978538
those forearms and wrists
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.