[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Keeping a Narrow Waist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: waist.jpg (113 KB, 1070x1500) Image search: [Google]
waist.jpg
113 KB, 1070x1500
How do you avoid getting a wide waist when putting on muscle? I have a fairly small waist and I want to keep it that way.
>>
>>34972164
I feel like it has more to do with your natural body shape than it does about building muscle.
>>
>>34972164
Skip deadlifts

Don't work obliques

That's bout it
>>
if you avoid exercises because you are afraid your midsection might pack on some muscle you Sir are a fucking faggot
>>
doing some cardio will help keep your waist slim.... But like above said its probably got a lot to do with your natural shape
>>
>>34972164
It's about hip width. Keeping your core intentionally weak won't do much except hold back your progress in the exercises you actually wanna do.
>>
>>34972164
how long to achieve the body like OP's pic?
>>
>>34972203
Yea, so?
>>
>>34972246
its about 3-5 months of lifting (depending on your routine) + being sure to be at about 10% bodyfat, if your bf% is >15% you'll have to spend a couple months cutting
>>
>>34972199
>Skip deadlifts
Are you fucking gay it's the king of lifts
>>
>>34972302
i'm a bit overweight so bodyfat is probably way more than 15% lol. comparing to the pictures its about 20% or so maybe a bit less. I've been training hard and i got some muscle, it shows through the fat. So should i cut first now, or bulk? Or try balancing both? I want to achieve this body by March next year or so, is that possible?
>>
>>34972347
Cut first, if you are new you will still gain muscle and strength while cutting. You don't want to bulk if you're skinnyfat because then you'll have to cut even longer. Just eat at a 500cal deficit and if you're at about 20% body-fat you should hit 10% around march next year, start the cut now though. Probs add in some HIIT cardio at the end of your gym sessions. glhf f.a.m
>>
>>34972391
got it, thanks man!
>>
>>34972412
We're all gonna make it man
>>
2 muscles around your waist are obliques and abs. they wont make you girthy unless you make real gains, but seeing as you ask this dumb question you probably wont.
>>
>>34972164
You won't develop a wide waist unless you get fat and deadlift 5 plates, which won't happen overnight
>>
File: rhds.png (729 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
rhds.png
729 KB, 601x601
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.