[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone /keto/ here? How's progress been? How have you been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 239.png (493 KB, 819x432) Image search: [Google]
239.png
493 KB, 819x432
Anyone /keto/ here?

How's progress been? How have you been handling cravings?
>>
File: b8trickdeluxe.png (175 KB, 400x215) Image search: [Google]
b8trickdeluxe.png
175 KB, 400x215
>>34963716
>/keto/
>>
meme diet by tricking popular fit memers into thinking they burned bodyfat when all they lost is water weight
>>
>>34963790
>backed by countless studies
>meme diet
there's hipster and then there's just retarded
>>
>>34963839
the studies all say that a ketogenic diet is at its best up to 8 weeks, then your LDL and HDL will skyrocket as well as serum cholesterol
>>
>>34963849
>The present study shows the beneficial effects of a long-term ketogenic diet. It significantly reduced the body weight and body mass index of the patients. Furthermore, it decreased the level of triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and blood glucose, and increased the level of HDL cholesterol. Administering a ketogenic diet for a relatively longer period of time did not produce any significant side effects in the patients. Therefore, the present study confirms that it is safe to use a ketogenic diet for a longer period of time than previously demonstrated.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/
>>
File: 2015-11-09 16.00.49.jpg (273 KB, 849x642) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-09 16.00.49.jpg
273 KB, 849x642
A little over 3 weeks of progress. About 20 lbs in those 2 pictures. No strength loss on my lifts, actually they've been going up. Cravings are pretty awful, just learn to control it, but then again I'm a carb junkie. Probably why I'm fat. I have a cheat meal on Saturday then I don't eat anything Sunday. Works pretty well actual and all this carbs kill the Sunday Cravings.
>>
>>34964071
did you get into a fight with your cat or something?
>>
>be on keto for 6 months
>feeling sharp 24/7
>can't turn my fucking brain off
>insane anxiety (saw doctor, everything's fine)
>insane insomnia (took various pills for this thinking I was psychotic)
>give up
>have bowl of oatz and a banana at 1AM (an hour ago)
>feel perfectly fucking fine
>feel insane fucking headrush that doesn't go away for half an hour, but that subsided

Fuck it, just exercise to lose weight like a normal being. I can't handle having zero water retention.
>>
>>34964147
Nah senpai, I have depression

Inb4 weak faggot >>34964149
>>
>>34964162
I can still do keto, just let me have oatz to take away some of the pure fucking adrenaline.
>>
>ketotards

can you newfags just fuck off to reddit? we don't welcome your kind here.
>>
>>34964186
I don't know how I linked you're post to be honest family. But that still sounds pretty awful. Eat up them oatz though, they're good for you!
>>
>down 4.7kg in 3 days
>Fuggin glycogen stores
We keto now
>>
The only problem with keto is that it subjects your body to fuckloads of stress.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_ketogenic_diet
>>
>>34964071
You don't need a keto diet. Either just do more exercise, or put some fucking muscle on.
>>
Starting keto soon. Just go to buy the food!
>>
Anyone got some nice recipes that are easy to cook?
>>
did 100% keto a while back
I felt sharp, but weird
didn't feel right at all

I still eat high fat and protein, but I eat whole grain too
>>
>>34963857

>long-term effects
>in obese patients

You might think it sounds impressive, but actually look at the data. The study was on obese people with a bmi over 35 who were cutting calories and losing weight, which on its own is enough to show some improvements in bloodwork. Their LDL went from a high 158 average to a high 131 average after 24 weeks on the diet. They saw the biggest improvements within the first 8 weeks during the most rapid weight loss period, then things got much slower for the rest of the trial.

What this study is showing is that if you put obese people (people with an even worse diet than keto) on a keto diet, they'll lose weight, which will cause some minor improvements in biomarkers that the keto diet is likely still working against. There was no point in the 24 weeks where the subjects could be called healthy, they only went from horrible to really bad. If you've got a BMI of 35-40 and your diet goes from lots of grease and lots of sugar to just lots of grease, you might drop some pounds and see a few improvements in your labs, but this isn't evidence that a keto diet is compatible with being healthy
>>
>>34964149 here
My left kidney hurts, I probably have a stone. I don't see a real point to keto unless you need adrenaline for some reason.

If anyone else wants to try keto, go for it. Just always keep carbs handy to safely abort it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.