[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Marky Ripps says to suck the gut in during squats >Layne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: teen_bodybuilding_guide2_g.jpg (54 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
teen_bodybuilding_guide2_g.jpg
54 KB, 546x700
>Marky Ripps says to suck the gut in during squats
>Layne Norton says to shove your gut out

>Rippetoe has old man strength coach sage wisdom
>Norton is young and has lots to learn, but has a Ph.D
>Ripps is old and fat, but was once stronk
>Norton currently is stronk, and is plenty big
Who do i believe, /fit/......
>>
>>34963549
PhD is just cooperate validation that truly holds no credibility.
>>
Breathe in, tigthen your abs
>>
>>34963634
this
>>
>>34963612

This is accurate

>>34963549

I slightly suck my gut in, tense then inhale to brace.

I was forcing my gut out but noticed that when my stomach was relaxed it was sticking out more. Wasn't bulking/cutting was purely doing strength training

For your info I weigh
74kg & Olympic squat 172.5kg for a double
>>
>>34963549
Rippetoe doesn't say to suck your gut in
>>
>>34963549

That's not Layne Norton OP, that's Roger Estep
>>
>>34963749
Le epik master roll im laughing right now xDDDDDDDD
>>
>>34963549
Breathe into to your core, push out against your belt.
>>
Don't over think this shit dude. I just take in air are toghten my core. I don't think about pushing out or sucking in. Lifting is pretty natural man.

I have a 1rm of 4plate squat if that gives me any sort of validity.
>>
>>34963772

Thats only if you wear a belt. If you're beltless you need to create tension first then inhale.
>>
>>34963549
Is OP's pic doable natty? That's pretty much my goal
>>
>>34963549
>suck in my gut
No you retard. You breathe out before every rep. It helps you rep up when you breathe in when you squat upward. If you keep your core too tight then you won't work those abs as well as if they were loose.
>>
You're supposed to perform valsalva during lifts that load your spine, it removes half the tension on your spine
>>
>>34963813
Layne Norton is one of the few big name lifters who claim natty that i actually believe. Both his physique and his stats are achievable natty.
>>
>>34963813
He's 5'10 and competes at 195lb, so his FFMI is pushing 26.
>>
File: letrash2.webm (655 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
letrash2.webm
655 KB, 400x311
>>34963852
>FFMI
>>
>>34963918
Find me a better metric
>>
File: letrash41.jpg (631 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
letrash41.jpg
631 KB, 1698x1131
>>34963981
>>
>>34963549

Ripp is fucking retarded (though hilarious), and Layne's squat form is terrifying to watch, but he's closer to being correct.

Instead, watch Duffin's videos on how to squat.
>>
>>34963794
adonis belt bro. everyone was born with one
>>
>>34963704
>tense then inhale to brace.
>>34963794
>you need to create tension first then inhale.
w-what?
i have never heard anyone else say this, and I just tried it and it was the tightest my core has probably ever felt without wearing a belt
Christ
>>
>>34963612
There's nothing corporate about a PhD...
>>
>>34963549
Alt. Grip for 2pl8
Kek
>>
elliot says to push your gut out too
>>
>>34963836
>an inch taller than frank zane
>5kg heavier
>only competes in non natty comps

Highly fucking doubt you can look better than a mr olympia winner natty and win pl comps.
>>
>>34965435
Elliott believes his body is full of reptilian bioenergy which he needs to release by repeatedly shouting "you don't need to be a good boy all the time"
>>
>>34965435
>>34965793

This, I would do the opposite of anything Elliot "flopping around on a table" Hulse does
>>
breathe in, tighten your abs, your guts should be the size of a fridge to create a solid foundation
>>
>>34963549
If that is the level of logic you utilize on a day to day basis, you are what's wrong with this world.

>"Who do i believe?"

You don't believe anyone, you figure out what is actually correct, and stop leaning on fucktards.

Then again, you are a fucktard yourself, so I don't know.
>>
>>34963981
>>34963852
The study that named FFMI had pre-steroid bodybuilders with FFMIs over 27. It also only measured a very, very small group of people. It's a joke.
>>
>>34963549
Layne has a phd in nutrition - irrelevant

'suck in your abs' is a cue for when you have no belt - you have to rely solely on your muscles to brace your core

'shove out your gut' is when you have a belt - you push against it to help brace the core

>>34963836
>world record squat
>achievable natty
no

>>34964045
retards who can't read a full length book think Ripp is retarded because all their knowledge is gathered from opinions from /fit/ which is majority a cesspool of equally retarded people.

Laynes squat form is how you squat with a hip hinge with his proportions, nothing dangerous about it. I bet you think all squats need to have a vertical torso to prevent lower back shear?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.