[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I need your help because fuck paying for personal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
Hey /fit/, I need your help because fuck paying for personal trainer.

I've been working out for a few months and I'm struggling to build mass. I want to build my chest but it's not fucking working. Help

Pic related: is me at the moment
>>
>>34959245
you should try lifting
>>
>>34959256
Witty. Cheers.
>>
>>34959245
SL or SS, bro stick to the basics

if you're a whiny bitch maybe just add decline to your current routine and keep linear progression
>>
>>34959277
whats your bench and what do you already do for chest?
>>
>>34959256 wow so hlepfull

In all seriousness man I had/have the same problem. Idk what program your on but make sure your form is on point. Focus on the adduction movement, even in a pressing motion like bench. Think about bending the bar in a horseshoe shape.
>>
>>34959288
Currently benching 4 sets of 8. 65kg. 2 sets inclined and 2 sets flat.
>>
>>34959245
Concentrate on mind-muscle connection. THink and feel the chest work. Might need to lower weight. Don't grip BB or DB too tight as this engages arms more. Try increasing volume. Go for pump. Try cable crossovers and holding the contraction for a second.
>>
File: tumblr_nx89tdmncz1solq29o1_1280.jpg (222 KB, 1280x1275) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx89tdmncz1solq29o1_1280.jpg
222 KB, 1280x1275
There's no secret; progressive overload in the moderate rep range on the basic upper body push exercises (bench, dips, press).
>>
>>34959304
>mind-muscle connection

op, don't listen to this faggotry. SL or SS, linear progression and most importantly be fucking patient
>>
>>34959304
Nice. Cheers man. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
>>
funny how you can tell someone browses reddit just by their shitty "alternative" tattoos
>>
>>34959303
just keep adding weight on the bar. drop the decline, add some dips. Make sure you are eating enough to actually induce growth.
>>
>>34959303
Benching is primarily a tricep workout. I recommend dumbbell pullovers, rows, fly's, and DL.
>>
>>34959325
Never been on reddit in my life so I wouldn't know if that's a valid assumption. It's a venetian snares tattoo
>>
>>34959333
0/10
>>
>>34959303
scrap that
pick up 5x5 man
progressive overload is the key to gaining muscle mass...
read the fucking sticky, 5 sets of 5 reps for both your flat and incline
And every single day you go in you should be increasing the weight you bench by 2.5kg (1.25kg pl8 each side)
or whatever the fuck that is in merican lb's
>>
>>34959346
Douche/10
>>
>>34959353
Safe. I'll try that it for the next month and see how I get on.

Cheers for the advice
>>
>>34959370
were you being serious...

that is pretty much the worst advice I have ever heard for building chest. Pullovers and flyes are isolation exercises, rows use the chest as a stabilizer...

are you really making the argument that diddlying is a great chest exercise?

Please do not give any more advice
>>
>>34959301
not OP but have similar issues. I like your idea, but just to clarify, horseshoe with the open end up (towards ceiling) or down (towards chest)?
>>
>>34959397
As opposing to chest which is primarily an arm workout. Not to mention the core of bodybuilding exercises are isolation exercises. Enjoy living in your world of ignorance I suppose.
>>
>>34959383

ex. if your bench is at 60 in only 4 'chest sessions' you should be up to a 70 bench
the only way to LOOK strong, is to GET strong

Also 5 reps decreases your chance of shitty form. Stick to it man you wont regret.
>>
>>34959417
Also the fact that you are having trouble stimulating your pectorals would suggest isolation exercises would be useful for you
>>
>>34959397
65kg on sets of 8 has recently got to the point were there's not much struggle at the end so I'll be upping it to 70kg tomorrow. See how I get on
>>
>>34959444
And finally it would appear your traps seem to be overactive thus limiting thorassic extension and ultimately preventing proper chest gains. Another reason to work on your DL form which would benefit greatly from rows(even if your chest is acting as a stabilizer)
>>
>>34959417
Read a physiology book ...or any book about building muscle...
Or you could just continue perusing Men's Health while you make "sick gains" you fucking retard
>>
>>34959418
I'm obviously new to all this training malarkey so I appreciate the advice.
>>
>>34959483
Nice comeback try arguing with specifics or gtfo
>>
>>34959417
>>34959444
>>34959476
samefagging this hard

You forgot to cite exrx when you copied and pasted as many big words as you could from there Timmy.

OP will get a lot of mass gains by just benching and dips with progressive overload.
>>
>>34959511
You guys are just gonna fuck this guys posture and limit his chest gains. I'm out well done faggots
>>
3.5k cals per day. Bench, squat, deadlift, overhead press. Volume.
>>
>>34959535
Rows mayne
>>
>>34959383
>next month

stick with it for 3 months and then thank me, for real
>>
File: 1444451361264.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1444451361264.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>>34959535
>>34959547
Good luck brehs, apparently bench and dips are the only "chest" exercise.
>>
>>34959343
It's fucking gay dude
>>
>>34959310
If you can't feel this termanology when you lift, you contract very poorly
>>
Do some push-ups (yes, push-ups) and when you go down, push your shoulders as far back as possible without hurting yourself, then push them back forward when you go back up. Gives you the feel for using your chest and helps you to stop using your other muscles to compensate for a weak chest.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.