[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ Military fag here, I'm going through USMC Recon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
Hey /fit/
Military fag here, I'm going through USMC Recon School in a couple months. Anyone here former or current special ops give me some insight on preping. I'm currently lifting 4 days out of the week, running three times, swimming twice, rucking once. Should I just stop lifting and focus on everything else? Also recommendations for prepping guides. Thanks.
>>
>>34959085
I'd lift just 2 days a week, like mon and thursday but yeah fucking run and swim.
>>
USMC = u suck my cock senpai
Military is a waste.
Stop lifting and hang yourself in the garage, welfare queen faggot
>>
>>34959239
Say that to my face and not over the internet you fucking pussy. I'd fucking wreck your shit and take your bitch.
>>
>>34959447

wtfdyjfstmylb?
>>
File: image.jpg (7 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7 KB, 125x123
>>34959085
>I wanna be spesul opz
>I'll ask advices on le 4chins

HAHAHAHA fuck off you skinny preteen virgin
>>
well, in the military you really don't have to lift at all desu, other than the standard high rep bodyweight stuff. its all about running and walking far with heavy equipment. if you want to become an elite of some sort, it is 99,9% mind. sheer will and the ability to never ever give up on a task no matter how wet/cold/tierd
>>
Are you talking about BRC? just don't be a bitch and be slightly in shape.
>>
>>34959447
No time. Too busy making money to support assholes like you who were too stupid to stay in school.
>>
>>34959085
Being big in any of the training pipelines is just going to make your life harder. Do just enough lifting for now that you won't just keel over and die, and hammer the endurance side of things. People will tell you it's just a mental game, but the fitter you are for the tasks at hand, the easier it is mentally. Once you pass/fail/get hurt/get a new MOS scrubbing seagull shit you can focus on getting swole.

And for fuck's sake, find a better source of information than 4chan.
>>
>>34959085
Endurance. Endurance hiking, endurance swimming, endurance holding a gun over your head, endurance staying awake, endurance hopping up and down on one leg. Endurance everything.
>>
you do a lot more swimming in brc but in rasp, just have legs of steel and good cardio and youll make it.

obviously you have to pass the pt tests they give you but that should be a joke if youre seriously trying to get in

other than that, another anon touched on the main thing. mental fortitude. just dont be a bitch. its way easier than it used to be.
>>
most people fail at the swimming stuff so you should probably work on that.
>>
>>34959966
>>34959973
>>34960003
>>34960114
>>34959854
>>34959809
>>34959166
Thanks for the actual replys.
>>
>>34959934
That wasn't OP. Keep on paying them taxes boyo. Free college, fuck ton of benys, decent pay if married. I love being a welfare queen.
>>
>>34959239
How's that low gas price treating you?
How's that lack of terrorism treating you?
How's that world superpower treating you?
Brrrrrrrrt motherfucker
>>
File: Feels_bad_man.png (783 KB, 605x757) Image search: [Google]
Feels_bad_man.png
783 KB, 605x757
>>34959085
>Recon
>Special forces
Americans man, next thing you know the pencil pushers are gonna be considered special forces
>>
>>34959085
You on CPen faggot? Lat move?
I can maybe help you with swimming at the Horno pool if so or Del mar beach if you can nut up.
Swim 4
Ruck run 2-4
Lift 2-3 maybe your training tank has some free weights and you can lift a little on swim days
Run maybe once
How are your brick tows and bottom samples?
What's your current ruck run situation looking like? Weight/distance?
>>
>>34961659
ruck running is fucking retarded for training purposes.
>>
>>34961687
Except for when it's a fucking prereq (MARSOC) and something you do all the time in BRC. You sound weak.
>>
>>34961739
You destroy your body. I like to think that Army SF has some experience in that department. Many of the members on professionalsoldiers.com have been cadre members at SFAS... they all dissuade folks going to selection from running with their ruck.... sure you want to ruck and improve your times, and yes you will have to run to meet the standard at selection.... 10 years down the road when your shit is wrecked and you can't hang anymore you'll regret training foolishly.
>>
Anyone here familiar on how to become a CCT?
>>
>>34961914
>>34961914
go talk to an air force recruiter.
>>
>>34961849
I'm not disagreeing that it fucks your body but you said its retarded for training purposes. What if OP sucks ass at ruck? He probably needs to ruck often or at least establish a good baseline for being able to sustain 40lbs just under 6 mph to even be considered.
I don't think a few weeks of prep will end a career unless some freak accident happens.
Also, hopefully people aren't burning out so soon these days. Have you seen the physical therapy facilities for SOCOM batallions?
>>
>>34961980
Yeah, I'd agree... you have to put in time under a ruck. The reason I was so butthurt is that I have seen retarded pt regimens implemented.
>>
>>34962066
No worries m8
>>
>>34961579

>Doesn't know what Marine Recon is and how it differs from other branches' reconnaissance.
>>
>>34959239
This.

Glad to have finally gotten out
>>
>>34964080
>doesn't know special forces refers specifically to army green berets
>>
>>34959966
go to shadowspear mate
>>
>>34964243
Only in America. The rest of the world uses the term 'Special Forces' as a synonym for what the US calls 'Special Operations Forces'. And since the rest of the world were doing it first, America is in the wrong.

>>34964080
His point still stands - 90% of the US Armed Forces think they're special snowflakes. In most countries Force Recon would be regarded as a standard recon asset and not given the ego stroking they get in the US.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.