[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone had inguinal hernia surgery? I've got one, it was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: inguinalernia.jpg (49 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
inguinalernia.jpg
49 KB, 300x300
Anyone had inguinal hernia surgery? I've got one, it was bulging and painful but the bulge reduced and it doens't really bother me right now, though I've stopped deadlifting. I need to decide if I fix it soon or wait until it's painful.

I'm scared of it bros. Scared of sedation, of the pain, the month at least out of the gym, losing my gains, needing to start over, etc.
>>
why does this thing have no genitals
>>
so u want to move ur penis or wat?
how does it grow there anyway
>>
>tfw you don't dint have a tongue on your abdominal muscle.
>why even live
>>
>>34958021
I got the surgery, the nurse tried to shave my pubes before the surgery but I shaved them already and she tried to shave anyway, then a nurse followed me to the washroom after the surgery incase I passout so she watched me pee, were they mirrin?
>>
>>34958125
was surgery worht it? pls share anon.

>were they mirrin

possibly. My lady doc was mildly mirin my triceps and serratus. Woudl have chalked it up to professional interest but i caught her looking while i was putting my shirt back on.
>>
>>34958021

Think about it this way bro - if you wait and it actually gets worse, then you won't have a choice either way, and you'll be out of the gym for even longer.
>>
>>34958156
Yeah the surgery was worth it, I got the 3 small incisions instead of the mesh, because who wants a freaken mesh inside of them, anyways your hernia wont pop out anymore, I forced myself to eat after surgery. I didn't shit for like 3 days, it was hard to piss, I started lifting again after 2-3 weeks, was worth it, you need to strengthen your core so it doesn't happen again. don't ask drs about weight lifting they don't know what they're talking about cus they dont weight train. its not an all night surgery, but u can't eat before ur surgery, the nurses will shave u and all the drs will see ur penis in the operating table while ur passed out
>>
File: worry.jpg (3 KB, 102x97) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
3 KB, 102x97
>>34958209
>all the drs will see ur penis in the operating table while ur passed out
>>
>>34958021
Scooby had it recently and is now recovering from it. he mentions about it in most of the videos in recent time but in most only briefly. Maybe check it out
>>
>>34958259
nurses too, they work with the drs. there will be like 6-8+ people in the operating room they will all see it
>>
>>34958259

And they will make fun of you. Make sure you get to record the whole deal on audio.

http://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2015/06/patient-gets-payoff-after-anesthesiologist-mocks-him-during-surgery/
>>
>>34958021
Yes, had surgery for it when I was 13. Wouldn't have been a big deal were I not improperly anesthetized resulting in a bizarre incident of ventricular tachycardia. Came close to dying. Most painful experience of my life. Literally indescribable.

You should be fine, though. The surgery itself is very routine for the most part. Just try to figure out ahead of time whether you are prone to reacting in certain ways with anesthesia. Propofol fucked me up something fierce. Same shit that killed Michael Jackson, albeit he overdosed because his doctor fell asleep.
>>
>>34958156
>was the surgery worth it

Oh my god you are fucking retarded. Get the surgery asap or it's going to get a lot worse.
>>
>>34958374
I know. BUt my bulk...
>>
After having the surgery, I found little things like coughing or shifting your position in bed to get more comfortable is insanely painful. It feels like someone is slicing your wound with a blade. Although, they did only gave me a paracetamol drip for pain and some anti inflammatory pills every few hours. However, it is definitely worth getting the surgery done to fix you up. Definitely no lifting for a few weeks, though. Goodluck man
>>
>>34958479
any tips on minimizing recovery time and holding onto gains? Caloric intake recommendations? Planning on living off green veggies and protein shakes atm.
>>
>>34958454
had an umbilical hernia. get the mesh if they recommend it, no reason not to.
your hernia will not heal on its own, but if you want to wait it out as long as possible try not to touch the area unless you feel pain coming from the area and the intestine needs to be pushed in.
that's another issue, how big is the hernia? is it enough for your organs to come out, or is it just fatty tissue coming out of your cavity?

when you lift, make sure its on an empty stomach or that you ate earlier like 3-4 hours+. will help with your abdominal pressure.

DO NOT DRINK WATER AT THE GYM, be hydrated properly throughout the day. if your going to wait it out you need to prevent pressure as much as possible.
>>
>>34958776
umbilical guy again, eat as if you are still bulking. you will only be out of the gym for 2 weeks tops.
>>
>>34958454

>If I take time off, my gains will be ruined!
>I'm going run the risk of seriously injuring myself instead, and then having to take more time off than I would have if I wasn't retarded
>>
>>34959295
let the man learn the hard way, he's got to be under 30 he's got time!
>>
>>34959251
thanks for the tips man. Right now it's just fatty tissue, so there wasn't a risk of strangulation when it was bulging. I think it's called omentum.
>>
>>34958374
i can confirm, i had an inguinal hernia for like 3 years because i didnt know what is was and i was ashamed of telling my parents about it, my intestines were moving on to my scrotum and it looked like i had gigantic balls. i had the surgery when i was around 16 and the doc told me i was close to losing a testicle because of some fat or stuff strangling it. at that time i didnt lift or anything so it wasnt a problem for me having to rest ( i had to recover for like 6 months till i was completely fine), today i only do bodyweight stuff and it only feels a bit uncomfortable when doing ab stuff.
im 22 by the way
>>
>>34959269
>you will only be out of the gym for 2 weeks tops.

how the hell is this possible? they're cutting you open and rearranging your insides, including the spermatic cord.

were you for realz back under the bar in two weeks?
>>
>>34958021
Double hernia repair here.
Go for it, get the mesh, and you'll be back in the gym in days, no shit.
>>
>>34959596
(samefagging >>34960151)

My surgeon told me to get back to the weights, with the guidance "If it hurts, stop". No weight restrictions at all.
>>
W-wait
This happens when you deadlift??
That's my favorite exercise, how do I avoid this?
>>
>>34958021
A lot of misinformation here.

Medfag who's assisted with quite a few hernia repairs.

Don't worry about the surgery. Its really basic stuff.
Its incredibly safe.

Downside is that the longer you leave it the worse it will become.
On the other hand, it requires that you don't lift anything heavy for 6ish weeks.

Otherwise you risk getting another hernia from the same site or from the surgical incision site.

Mate, just think of the long term gains.

Also get the mesh and make sure you don't get the overlay.
>>
I had it done in late Mars this year. After 1 week regular stuff like walking, bending over, stairs, getting out of bed was easy peasy. Waited until 3 weeks after surgery until i went to the gym again. Better safe than sorry.

I did only machines that didn't require a lot of core and started at the top of the stack, gradually increasing weights.

6 weeks after surgery i was lifting at full intensity, but i wasn't doing any squats/deads/leg press. Added those a couple of months later when i felt fully confident in my core integrity, never had any problems what so ever. Lifts barely suffered at all and went straight back up as soon as i started lifting for real again, no visible loss of gains on the scale or in the mirror.
>>
>>34960300
It depends, but typically squatting and deadlifting are the lifts associated with hernias.

INguinal hernias might have more to do with genetic factors like the size of the cavity created when the spermatic cord drops and soft tissue strength than with abdominal muscles.
>>
>>34960151
>>34960525

this makes me feel better. I still don't know how this happened. While I'm no powerlifter, my abs are decently strong, and were visible at the time the hernia bulged. I think my form might have been fucked, as I was pushing hard on a very severe cut.
>>
I had the laparoscopic surgery last January. I had two inguinal hernias, one on each side. Yay for symmetry. Had the mesh put in for both.

Get the surgery done as soon as possible. It's not something that can heal on it's own; it can literally only get worse. And it's easier to fix when it's small.
>>
Will a belt help prevent hernias?
>>
>>34961376
I don't think so.
>>
Is it possible to have one without a bulge? Really it feels more like my muscle is just tight as shit, really no bulging but this problem has been going on a few months now, not sure if it's just constant doms in my lower core or hernia. Balls feel fine for the most part maybe just a little tightness after squats. Lifts have not been effected really, just feels strange and I don't want to go to the doctor unless I know for Damn sure I need surgery.
>>
>>34961600
it's definitely possible. see a doc, they'll do the "cough check" and maybe an ultrasound. If they're still not sure you'll get a CT. This is expensive information to get, so be warned. Cost me 1k with insurance.
>>
Also had inguinal hernia, fixed via laparoscopic. Surgery is worth it. My recovery was very quick, I was doing light exercise after 5 days and 100% after 3weeks. Never had an issue and can't notice any of the scars at all any more

If you don't have the surgery, one day when you're squatting or doing whatever puts strain on your abdominal wall, it'll tear even more, and that will be a bitch.
>>
Its really not that bad. Shit hurt for like three days, mine was huge tho
>>
>>34962392
Speaking of shit, the pain meds they gave me made me constipated, so they gave me other meds to get it outta me (couldn't push it out because surgery). I don't know how long I hadn't done a poo for, but I shit you not, my crap (not solid) was almost touching my balls. Lucky for hospital grade toilets.
>>
>>34962510
You stayed in the hospital? I thought people were sent home after the op.
>>
>>34958021
I waited like two years. It was never painful for me though. Recovery took about a month and it was pretty painful for the first week.
>>
>>34961733
Thanks bro. The reason I hate to go to the doctor is because of this. 1k deductible no matter what when you get that CT. I might take a couple weeks off of compounds and see what's up.
>>
On a related note, anyone got a hiatal hernia? this shit i driving me nuts, giving me heartburn, what do?
>>
>>34962685
Yeah I spent a night, I think my surgery was in the afternoon though. It was real tender the first couple days, so I didn't mind staying there at all.
>>
>>34958021
Relax OP
I did it when I was 7 years old. The doctors also fixed my balls
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.