[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will exercise help my bad back get better? I don't know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1439727560606.gif (931 KB, 479x267) Image search: [Google]
1439727560606.gif
931 KB, 479x267
Will exercise help my bad back get better?
I don't know a lot of fitness, what do?
>>
Probably. You may want to talk to a doctor though depending on what the source of your pain is. I had back pain for most of my teenage years and withing months of lifting regularly, it has pretty much resolved completely.
>>
Bridges (neck bridges, for example) might help.
>>
>>34948935
I'm going through the same thing at the moment, I've had back problems for years and just this year started to work out. I'm still in a lot of pain, but my god does it feel better to have a tightening core, strengthening my back and hips, losing weight, etc.

But yeah, what is the actual problem? "Bad back" is not exactly clinical diagnosis. Do you know what's actually wrong? That's always the first step, and it took me years to find a doctor who could tell me what was actually wrong, since the symptoms didn't correspond with anything bad on MRI's and CT scans and such.
>>
Yes go see a doctor. He'll give you something to do.
>>
Yes. Squats will improve your back tremendously if you do them with proper form. It'll help your knees too if you do lowbar below parallel.

Read SS.
>>
File: rea pockets guy.gif (499 KB, 220x283) Image search: [Google]
rea pockets guy.gif
499 KB, 220x283
>>34950547
>lowbar
>wanting him to destroy his back
>>
>>34948935
yes.
i had a bad back from years of being fatfuck.

at first walking helped.

then i started doing light RDL and good mornings (high rep, low weight, because it felt it was better for my back, made my back sore as fuuuuuuark for a couple month. made bf massage me erry day), also lots of highbar, ATG squats

nowadays my back feels 99% better.

sometimes it gets extra tight and needs to be loosened, but other than that i recommend starting slow.
>>
>>34950800
he is right.
you are strengthening all the muscles that pull your spine together.

just don't start with high weight, work with what feels comfortable.

squats and deadlift are some of the best things he can do (just don't egolift or go for the high numbers - not until your back feels better)
>>
Most of the times the #1 source of back pain/discomfort is a bad posture. Doing exercise helps with that.
>>
>>34952492
I wouldn't recommend doing this without a bf to massage you every day..
>>
brehs I have scoliosis and my back muscles are much larger on the left side than on the right of the lumbar spine (my scoliosis is between my shoulder blades though).
You can even see it from the side when I'm topless and I can feel it when I'm sitting and lean back.
Will deadlifting help correcting this?
>>
>>34952619
I have the same sort of thing, and they'll help a little but postural work is much better. IE yoga n shit. Probably some core isolations wouldn't hurt either.
>>
>>34952733
so, stretching? should I focus on this exact muscle or more general stretching?
thanks man
>>
>>34952733
>>34952969
pls respond
>>
>>34948935
Good odds. But what do you mean by "bad back"? That's about as vague as it gets.
>>
>>34952619
Can't say for sure without seeing it but Lamar Gant had some gnarly scoliosis and he was a world record holder in the deadlift.
>>
>>34952619
Got This too add ralleeeeeeee on Skype please it could be beneficial, phys therapy student here
>>
>>34953977
why can't you write it here?
>>
>>34948935
exercise and stretching will if you do them both
>>
>>34955465
which stretches?
>>
How the fuck do I stretch my lower back.
I try a bunch of them but I can never feel it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.