[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ I was wondering how bad cardio really is for gains.I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Ronaldojpg.jpg (340 KB, 492x750) Image search: [Google]
Ronaldojpg.jpg
340 KB, 492x750
Hey /fit/ I was wondering how bad cardio really is for gains.I'm gonna start playing football(sawker for Americans) and wanted to start lifting weights.What has your experience been with managing sports and weights?Will I stall very fast even if I eat alot?I was planning on doing SS but running m/w/f and doing SS seems like I'll be overtraining.
>what sport does /fit/ play?
>Did you have to manage lifting with training?
>>
File: sexy tonaldo.jpg (46 KB, 640x572) Image search: [Google]
sexy tonaldo.jpg
46 KB, 640x572
>>34941685
>>
File: ronald0.jpg (33 KB, 306x480) Image search: [Google]
ronald0.jpg
33 KB, 306x480
>>34941685
C'mon /fit/ bumping for hot opinions
>>
File: motor protein.webm (2 MB, 638x468) Image search: [Google]
motor protein.webm
2 MB, 638x468
Bumping with motor protein last try
>>
Nah you're good
>>
Soccer will most likely destroy your gains. I played from 4-20, all the way from little tyke to college soccer. Started lifting at 18 and quit soccer my sophomore year to pursue that because 2 hours of running 6x a week is a lot of gains lost.

Also, if you didn't play from child you will literally never be good.
>>
>>34941908
I did played Goal keeps and occasionally left wing.What position you play?
Will gomad(lots of easy calories)plus alot of food help make some gains or will way too much?
>>
cardio is very high energy, you'll burn a lot of calories

doing a strength program with a lot of cardio will mean you'll have to eat a lot to maintain your caloric needs

if running is your priority, pick a new routine
>>
>>34941939
*will the running be way too much?
I really wanna do both figure muscle will be helpful .
>>
>>34941939
Was talented enough at soccer that I could play all positions with a lot of skill. Preferred center midfield but often played more center back due to team injuries.

I mean as long as you consume TDEE+500 you'll make gains, I just didn't have time with studies and soccer to also lift as much as I wanted.
>>
man look you can be as big as you like but a massive bloke will never be as speedy as a lean mother fucker

unless you're gonna go pro body building or pro football, just do both. soccer is way more fun, you'll meet some people and grills probably prefer it.

Sports are my priority, lifting compliments that. ive never been big, but im aiming for 'athletic'
>>
>>34941947
The thing is I have to run when practise starts.Any reccomendations on a routine designed for people doing cardio?I'd assume it'd be 2 days a week which gives enough time to recover.
>>
dude its all about CALORIES IN VS OUT

while playing soccer you will burn way more calories per day. simply eat more to make up for it.
if you have a kcal surplus at the end of the day/week (and enough rest) you will make gains.

i play squash, which burns a shitload of calories and still make gr8 gains.
>>
>>34941963
You ever miss it?It's why I'm starting again I just missed how fun it was.
>>
>>34941968
But over training is a thing.Won't running 2+ hours every monday wednesday and friday mess you up?
>>
OP here was thinking
Upper/Lower would give me enough time to recover?
>>
>>34941880
Do it on off days and eat to compensate for calorie use. It's fine, fit is bunch of fat asses that couldn't run 1 km to save their life.
Also that protein is likely kinesin.
>>
If you want to be huge, yes it will.
If you just want to be Ronaldo size, football will be beneficial in helping you lose fat and staying shredded.
>>
Unless you're aiming for Olympia it's a meme.
>>
>>34941908
>Was talented enough at soccer that I could play all positions with a lot of skill.

Sure, buddy.
>>
File: 1445156079589.jpg (16 KB, 216x310) Image search: [Google]
1445156079589.jpg
16 KB, 216x310
>>34942066
when did he say that you fuckwit
>>
I've been making some nice gains lately but i still have a small layer of fat (i'm 158 lbs, 1m88 tall).
Is it possible to get rid of the fat by running a couple of miles every day without losing muscle?
>>
>>34942066
>>34942104
I did say that. I played year round from 12-20 years old on teams from C3 to premier level.
>>
>>34941908
This is true. Played 14 years as a left or right back. I'm not good in any other position. You will never be good.
>>
>>34941685
Its not bad for gains. Its good for gains. It improves your endurance. It gives you more energy. It helps your heart. Doing cardio regularly should make you stronger.
>>
>>34941880
That is good
>>
>>34941685
Rugby players can do a shit load of cardio whilst being both ridiculously quick, powerful, and quick,
It's definitely possible depending on your training style, program and diet.

The 'cardio kills gains' meme comes from hungry skeletons doing a shit load of cardio when they want to get big and ripped.
>>
>>34941997
should do I have an upper/lower routine and play football (soccer) for 3 hours once a week
>>
>>34941685
pretty good soccer player here. Played 4 years highschool varisty and some college. I'd suggest not playing soccer unless you started really early as it's hard to actually get really good unless you started at a young age. Of course if your goal is to just use soccer for cardio I suppose it's okay, but you will feel inadequate vs your peers. I started playing at age 5 for instance.

To answer your question, yes it will be difficult to maintain gains while playing soccer. I've found soccer did wonders for many things such as balance, all around leg strength, and keeping a strong core in line with side to side movement. It'll kill upper body gains though. Either way, being able to sprint and juke people is something that I will never tire of and are some of the best feelings in the world in my opinion.

Also realize that most soccer players are fairly arrogant in their skills, even if they aren't that good. Know what kind of culture you're getting into when you start playing. Good luck.
>>
>>34946144
to clarify it will kill your gains mainly if you focus on getting "good" at soccer. Which in my opinion is the sole reason you should be playing the sport. But that's just me.
>>
I think the picture you posted speaks for itself doesn't it?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.