[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rest Days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 255.jpg (48 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
255.jpg
48 KB, 512x384
How do you handle them?

Do you do any light exercise?

Cardio?

What do you eat? High fat? Same as always?

What is unique about rest days for you?
>>
I make sure to skullfuck my girlfriend
>>
>>34938701
What an odd thing to say.
>>
I do cardio

I can't go a day without doing SOMETHING
>>
I do light cardio and yoga.

Yogas frustrating at first but if you stick too it you actually yourself progress.
>>
>>34938693
If you don't welcome rest days you're not lifting heavy enough.
>>
>>34938693
my rest days are when im doing night shift or when i go out. basically only if i have a reason not to go
>>
File: 1419212709135.jpg (34 KB, 460x553) Image search: [Google]
1419212709135.jpg
34 KB, 460x553
>be huge procrastinator
>lifting days always end up colliding with late study time
>always choose study time
>don't end up lifting until weekends
>>
>>34938718
whats a good yoga beginers guide/programme?
>>
Cardio/HIIT for 3 of them, total rest for one.
>>
>>34940781

4 rest days a week? fucking casual
>>
>>34938873
I know that feel. I have an exam later and I'm wondering right now if I should go to the gym or lift.
Even if I study, I'm gonna fail that exam.
>>
You know, in rest days i
REST.
>>
>>34938693
>How do you handle them?
Be happy that I don't have to lift because I'm completely wasted from the training the day before
>>
>>34940213
Try the P90x yoga video. Its not too bad.
>>
I foam roll, work on mobility and stretch.

Diet is same as always.

I walk on the treadmill for like 30 minutes and fap to amateur blowjobs.
>>
I work at my gym so my rest day is the 1 day a week that I'm not there, and I really don't want to be there. I have foam rollers and mobility stuff at my house so I do those, and sometimes yoga/meditation. Other than that I take full advantage of being a lazy fuck and play video games/smoke weed.
>>
rest days are a meme

go in and do some random shit like biceps, rear delts, traps, calves, abs
>>
I handle them fairly poorly. I'm usualyl feeling restless. To amuse myself and feel productive, I do a stretching workout, buy extra groceries for the upcoming days, and juggle for hand-eye coordination.
>>
>>34938721
This tbhfam
>>
>>34944650

This. Rest days aren't necessary at all. Athletes work out multiple times a day, every day of the week.
>>
>>34944765
>>34944650
Spot the anons who will never make gains
Your muscles need time to recover you fucking twats. How the fuck are they going to repair themselves and grow if you keep beating them up repeatedly.
>>
>>34938721
Spot the natty
>>
>>34938693
On rest days I REST. Nigga.
>>
>>34944932
Me too. Asshole.
>>
>>34944793
Timing you neckbeard. Hit chest one day, hit something else such as shoulders the next, chest repairs while other muscles are being worked. Have a diet that provides enough nutrition for multiple muscles to make gains.
>>
>>34938701
Only after the gym
>>
>>34938693
Mobility and ab work.
>>
>>34944793

Your body will repair itself anyway. I am not advocating doing the same exercise the day after. Doing other exercises or sports will not hinder your recovery, you fucking twat. You need to eat and sleep more.
>>
Rest day means you should rest. Lay in bed all day, drink some tea, read a book, go fishing, meditate, do yoga.
>>
>>34944680
By having good genetics
>>
I have a question related to this. I'm currently getting back to the gym after a break due to exams, picking up from the SS style split I was doing. I'm pretty NEET for the bext few months though, should I do more days? PPL or something?
>>
>>34944104
R u mi
>>
>>34938693
I rest?
>>
>>34938693
>How do you handle them?
my shitposting on my favorite tanzanian pommel-crafting forum
>Do you do any light exercise?
not explicitly, but i try and stay as active as possible
>Cardio?
no, you do cardio on lifting days, ya dingus
>What do you eat?
food mostly
>High fat?
ketard get out
>>>/trash/
>Same as always?
prty much, more food if bulking, less if cutting
>What is unique about rest days for you?
i have time to answer dumb questions about what i do during my rest days.
>>
>>34938721
you can be exhausted and also not like rest days.

i think its easier when you switch from fullbody to a split..

its harder to not want to do OHP and bench when your last workout was all box jumps, squats, hip thrusts, calf raises and glute bridges
>>
>>34940213
Yoga with Adrienne on Youtube is GOAT.
>>
Why would you have rest days when you can work a different muscle group instead of resting?
>>
>>34943927

Is there a place that has it on stream? I've looked before and been unsuccessful.
>>
>>34945770
thanks anon.

been meaning to work on my flexibility (and not just because auto-fellatio, but that is a key factore) for a while.

i think yoga on rest days might be a new ritual for me.
>>
>>34945010

I fail to see how hitting multiple body parts a day and having rest days is worse than doing a couple body parts a day everyday.
>>
File: image_11.jpg (39 KB, 512x407) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
39 KB, 512x407
>>34945839
Better muscle confusion.
>>
>>34945839
it isn't worse.
the only possible argument is if you need to split for muscular recuperation because you have too high volume for fullbody.

ignore that fag's broscience.
he is wrong and dumb
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.