[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is a cheap, low sugar, low salt, snack, that will keep me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: homer consider.jpg (7 KB, 259x195) Image search: [Google]
homer consider.jpg
7 KB, 259x195
What is a cheap, low sugar, low salt, snack, that will keep me full?

I work 10 hour days, sitting on my ass, and I usually just starve myself.

I need something that will actually keep me full.

I don't give a fuck about taste, I'd eat cardboard if it was edible and fit my description.
>>
>>34937460
rice
>>
Water.
>>
Cardboard
>>
File: 5_1_Glasses.jpg (21 KB, 450x425) Image search: [Google]
5_1_Glasses.jpg
21 KB, 450x425
>>34937460
>proton shakes
>>
>>34937460
Deez nutz
>>
>>34937465
I guess that could work...rice is really calorie dense though.

>>34937472
I drink shit tons of water

>>34937491
protein shakes are hard to make at work, unless I just take a tub to work....and I would look like a FUCKING TOOLBAG
>>
>>34937495
> GOT EEM
>>
>>34937514
sweet potatoes?
>>
>>34937544
wut. you think I should make a fuck ton of sweet potatoes, and eat them as snacks?......again, wut?
>>
>>34937460
Coffe/tea/nuts
>>
Cashews or any nuts in general but I prefer cashews. I have a similar situation at my job and I eat those fuckers all day, keep you full and energized they're good shit but a little pricey
>>
>>34937569
nuts are super high in calories though. I'm honestly asking, do you think I could get away with snacking on nuts without becoming a fatass?
>>
>>34937514
I just take a zip lock bag with 2 scoops of protein in it. That way you don't need to look like a douche. Other food I take to work include:
> 2 bananas
> few handfulls of almonds
> Rice/Chicken Breast/Sweet potato (replace chicken breast with tinned tuna/salmon/chicken is you want to make it cheaper)

Just bring appropriate amounts of each depending on what your macros are for the day. These foods will keep you full allllll day.
>>
>>34937590
They're low carbs and high in healthy fats so at least the calories you're getting are quality, plus it doesn't take much to fill you up but if you get a big package of them they're hard to resist snacking on non stop
>>
>>34937592
huh. this is really good advice actually. thanks dude.
>>
>>34937590
>being small enough to have to worry about getting fat
>>
>>34937460

sardines
>>
>>34937460
lentils or beans.
Low calorie, high protien, and quite filling.
>>
>>34937614
Happy to help man.
>>
>>34937460
Lightly salted almonds

Make sure they are activated
>>
Whipped cream
>>
>>34937642
oh shit. I never think about natural beans. good call.
>>
>>34937460
Unsalted pumpkin seeds.
>>
Hardboiled eggs
>>
Oatmeal isn't very calorie dense. If you have access to a microwave or other way to heat water, a decently sized bowl of oatmeal will keep you full for hours.
>>
>>34937688
I eat 100 grams for breakfast every morning and if I don't eat it with eggs and just eat a banana instead I'm hungry again within 1 hour.

eating more protien is the key to feeling fuller for longer.
>>
Dis dik
>>
>>34937736
Too small and unused by humans.
>>
>>34937460
OATZ
Go for Steel Cut. There are some decent ones from quaker that cook in 3 minutes.
They are closer to food on the food / mush spectrum.
300 calories of it will fill you up a good deal, I'd be pushing it trying to wolf down 600 calories of Oats. Two dry cups. I can eat a fuck ton too.
Whole grain, good for the gains. Gives a good three hours of slow burn energy before you might even think of food again.
>>
>>34937460
oatmeal. oatmeal's got a lower glycemic index than rice, so it fits the "low sugar" bill slightly better than rice.

also it's virtually tasteless, so you can garnish it however you'd like, salt, honey, raw nuts, milk, sugar, artificial sweetener, protein scoops.

idk if oatmeal is cheaper than rice per calorie tho, but it will keep you full better because it has more fiber than any rice preparation. it's easier to prepare too, only 2-3 minutes w/ water in the microwave compared to like 20 minutes for rice in a rice cooker (unless you pre-cook it).

additionally don't stick to only one food without researching it properly, you might end up with some weird-ass deficiency that makes you feel like shit and your brain explodes and you smell your dick in your shit.

you could also look into beans or lentils, more prep than rice or oatmeal, but more nutritious as well. beans might be cheaper than oatmeal, but probably not cheaper than rice.

with any starch, your digestive system will need to adapt and you might want to book a week-long vacation during this time so people don't have to smell you farting all the time.
>>
>>34937786
I'll take this into consideration, for some reason oats seem more involved to prepare in my mind, then they probably really are.
>>
>>34937590
Just portion out 1-2oz, you'll be fine.

Dry roasted edamame is also GOAT, and high in protein
>>
Roasted chickpeas
>>
>>34937590

Like >>34937806 said, you don't need to eat an entire bag; just 1-2 ounce portions would make a good snack
>>
>>34937460
BEEF. JERKY.
>>
>>34937590
you could definitely become a fatass snacking on nuts all day. but what you're saying scares me and i must suggest simply that you _plan_ a diet that provides enough calories and variety for you to meet your fitness goals.

snacking is a bad habit to break, a properly planned diet-- even one geared toward losing weight, fast-- won't leave you craving snacks for more than a week.

if you need to snack, you simply aren't eating enough at your meals... either that or you aren't sure if you have or not.

op, you ought to look up meal plans that meet your requirements for the ingredients, and eat better.
>>
my benis
>>
If fridge get Greek yoghurt, plain Greek yoghurt none of that sugary crap
>>
File: 1446287704265.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1446287704265.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>34937460
Cliff builder bars
>>
>>34937900
>low salt
>beef jerky

pick one
>>
>>34937514
>>34937592
or just take your shaker bottle with the powder in it, and just add the water when you want to have it
>>
Fucking lettuce and celery
>>
File: 1445627053840.jpg (48 KB, 726x684) Image search: [Google]
1445627053840.jpg
48 KB, 726x684
>>34939629
>water
>>
>>34937460
rice cakes are master race
>>
>>34937460
Sweet potato :D
>>
>>34937460
Vegetables. Maybe get one of those swiss balls to sit on to keep your core active.
>>
>>34937460
Veggie soup in a big thermos.
A bit of really dark chocolate helps curb my appetite a lot for some reason, you could try that too.
>>
File: mikes david.jpg (35 KB, 336x597) Image search: [Google]
mikes david.jpg
35 KB, 336x597
>>34937460
Nuts: walnuts, almonds, macadamias, pecans, etc.

Nuts are full of high quality fats that are very energy dense and fill you up quickly. Very healthy. One of the most perfect foods in the world.

Very cheap, too, and they last forever.

But stay away from trail mix as it is mixed with fruits which are packed with sugar/carbs.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.