[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I only have Olympic weightlifting shoes. Is it OK to do deadlifts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
I only have Olympic weightlifting shoes. Is it OK to do deadlifts in these? I haven't found any difference after I bought my shoes.

Pic related I got a pair of these
>>
>>34934979
>olympic shoes
>crossfit shoes
Sage and kill yourself
>>
I'm sorry for your loss
>>
>>34935036

like I give a shit about some labels, this was a pair of shoes with elevated heels and it was easily accessible to buy. now, are they detrimental to deadlifts?
>>
>>34934979
If you can deadlift in them, then deadlift in them. There is no detriment to using them.
Personally, I can't diddly in my Powerlifts, I feel like I lean too far forward.
>>
>>34934979
Just take your shoes off
>>
>>34935077
They do help your dead but not nearly as much as your squat. Oly lifters get them for front and overhead squats.
>>
>>34934979
Just use chucks holyshit
>>
>>34934979
I think you use your quads more in Oly shoes? I'm not sure.
>>
I dl in my oly shoes (adipowers). They're tremendously comfortable and very sturdy. The extra half inch or so doesn't make that much of a difference anyway. There are more important things to give a shit about, like actually deadlifting.
>>
>lifting in shoes
>not lifting with no shoes

Kek
>>
>>34934979
>oly shoes

just use no shoes if you are really stuck, the angle doesn't help with deads because it's not a flexibility issue. Actually makes it harder because you have to move the bar the extra 3/4 inches.
>>
You could deadlift in flip-flops if you really wanted to, the heel is more for squat then deadlift motions so there's no benefit other than the bottoms being flat. At the end of the day, straps and shoes can only carry you so far.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.