[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to explain why you are not intermittent fasting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: IF.jpg (51 KB, 511x739) Image search: [Google]
IF.jpg
51 KB, 511x739
You have 10 seconds to explain why you are not intermittent fasting.
IF has huge benefits and is not even hard to do. Easiest fat loss hack ever.
>>
>fasting for seven hours before going to bed

enjoy lying there like a hungry goon for two hours before snapping and ordering a pizza lad
>>
>decreases weight gain

I'm bulking, that's my excuse, might give it a go when cutting
>>
Is the body storing fat because of starvation mode just a meme?
>>
>7am-8am
Done. Im sleeping.
>Workout 1 Hour
Alright
>9am-3pm
Oh so the normal time people get a lunch in...thats not hard. Finish the day with a snack.
>3pm-10pm
Sounds pretty normal
>Sleep for 8 hours.
Thats a waste of time, learn to sleep intermittently.

This is retarded. Hurr durr live normally.
>>
>>34934219
You know the meaning of "example shedule", right?
>>
>>34934235

Yes, the military even did extensive tests on this as well.
>>
File: 1447626438014.gif (966 KB, 500x579) Image search: [Google]
1447626438014.gif
966 KB, 500x579
>>34934189
>huge benefits
>source: an infographic
>>
>>34934235
yes, otherwise no one would die of hunger
>>
>>34934272
Sauce
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 201x251
>>34934312
Your post gave me cancer
>>
>increases ghrelin levels to reduce overeating
>not eating makes you less hungry

But that's wrong you fucking idiot. An increase in ghrelin levels would make you even more hungry. MK-677 makes you extremely hungry because it jacks up ghrelin and IGF levels.

Smh
>>
>>34934369
your welcome friend
>>
>>34934272
Gonna need a source
>>
File: fedore.jpg (150 KB, 700x609) Image search: [Google]
fedore.jpg
150 KB, 700x609
>>34934235
It is a myth. Back in the days it was normal for humans to go a day without food, and they were not fat. Its a myth created by fat faggots. The body does not need 3 or 6 meals a day. Dont listen to fat asses and feminist who wants you too bealive this stupid myth. The diets that says this myth is true, is most likely priced by some jewish food company.
>>
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/567126_2

All these tinfoil hats ITT
>>
>>34934189
It's just as easy for me to eat 3 meals a day and go under 1800 calories and I don't feel hungry for most of the day.
>>
>>34934467
You need an account for that shit anon
>>
>>34934189
i am though...
>>
File: david mitchell kek.jpg (209 KB, 682x600) Image search: [Google]
david mitchell kek.jpg
209 KB, 682x600
>>34934401
>mfw hitler was just a fedorafag all along
>>
>>34934252
Do you yanks miss the c out of Schedule nowadays?
>>
>>34934189
My eating window is 4pm-12am and it is currently 2pm. I have been up since 6am and I'm hungry as fuck. Also, currently suffering from mild albuterol shakes. Pretty fucking miserable, but it definitely helps me lean out quicker and with less strength loss.
>>
>>34934189
Is IF just for cutting?
I did it during my first cut and it went well.
I'm bulking now...would IF help me minimise fat gain or anything like that?
>>
>>34934219
I stop eating at 3:00pm and don't eat until 9:00am. You undisciplined faggot.
>>
>>34934189
If I don't eat every 3-4 hours I get light and sound sensitive migraines and then vomit. Been this way since a kid.
>>
>bunch of bullshit claims on an ms paint infographic
IF might work just fine but it's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>34935605
>I'm bulking now...would IF help me minimise fat
Yes. Look up leangains.
>>
Can someone tell me if I'm doing IF correctly, I've only been on for about 4 days

>Wake up around 8-9
>Eating window starts at noon
>eat around 12-1pmish
>eat again around 7-8
>go to bed around midnight
>repeat process

I don't even feel hungry, I find myself actually having to force down about 900 calories per meal
>>
>>34934247
Expand on sleep pattern.
>>
>>34935666
Are you doing leangains? How many days a week are you lifting?
>>
When fasting and hitting the gym, would having a protein shake after my workout defeat the purpose?
>>
>>34935721
Usually eating window starts after workout or even before mate. You don't fast after workout
>>
>>34935709
I have done leangains for clean bulking and it works very well. I am lifting 6 days per week.
>>
I am cutting at the moment. I am waking up at 7am and drinking only coffee and water until 12. Then I eat a first meal. I will hit the gym at around 5pm and after that I will have my shake and a huge post workout meal. That huge meal will raise my insulin which is exactly what I want after a workout. I stop eating at aroung 8pm.
It really works well!
>>
I find that of I eat at 12-2 amd end my window at 8-10, I'll be a lot less hungry than if I push my window to 4 or 5pm
>>
>>34934189
I think that I might be eating.to many carbs for IF to work, how many should I be eating
>>
>>34935806
So an 8 hour eating window is effective?
>>
>>34935767
I'm also lifting 6 days a week and cutting now with a simple calories deficit. I considered cutting using leangains but I read that you should rest after every lifting day so basically you can only lift 3-4days a week. This bothers me a bit, do you think it's worth?
>>
>>34935866
It's for fat loss so as long as you're in deficit and don't feel hungry constantly it shouldn't matter too much
>>
Stupid question, but I work from 3pm to 11:00pm most days, if I wake up at 1:00pm , and don't eat til after work does this count as IF? Or should I not be doing this. I also workout at around 12:00am or 1:00am
>>
>>34935953
If you do physically hard work you have to eat before you go to work. Otherwise don't eat during the work. It will be hard the first few times but after that it will easy. Drink a lot of water and coffee. You will soon feel more focused and have more energy at work because your body is not digesting anything and your insulin levels are balanced. Eat a meal when you come home from work then do your workout and eat a big post workout meal.
>>
>>34935605
Im eating 3100 calories and am doing IF, im not getting any fatter but getting leaner and stronger, it works for cutting and bulking
>>
>>34935994
Thanks anon, that's very helpful.
>>
>>34934189
I started 5 days ago.

The only hard part with dieting for me was sleep. It's 90% better now that I eat 700g sweet potatoes a couple hours before bed. Sweet potatoes and white rice are goat for good sleep.

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20070214/carbs-may-help-you-fall-asleep-faster

Just make sure you're still eating enough veggies/getting all your nutrients in while dieting. It's easy to skip them when you're so satiated.
>>
>>34934189
You don't enter fasting state for 10-12 hours. That picture is literal shit.
>>
>>34934189

So skipping dinner has a fancy name now? Or am I missing something here?
>>
>>34934503
This. I've fasted - the actual no food way - but I would much prefer low caloric but high density foods e.g. broccoli and come under 2.2k (my resting metabolic rate)
>>
>>34934189
I work 10 hour days, so please r8 my fasting schedule:

- Fast 12 AM to 2 PM.
- Lunch @ 2 PM at work.
- Workout (lift + tiny bit of cardio) @ 6
- Immediately eat last meal after workout, stop eating at 8.
- Bed at 9, sleep till 5 (8 hours).

Thoughts?
>>
>>34937923
HA
>>
>>34936354
Well you're spiking your blood sugar with almost a kilo of potatoes and then your body is responding with a massive dose of insulin, which crashes your blood sugar and knocks you the fuck out. No wonder you fall asleep easily.
>>
>>34936354
You're the only tripfag worth a fuck on here
>>
This strikes me as more bull shit along the lines of paleo, and Ray Peat pseudo science diets.

Your body goes into a catabolic state at night, you should absolutely be eating a high protein meal or snack before bed time. Ideally cottage cheese or some other slow digesting protein.

Now, if you're a fat fuck I suppose you'd be more concerned with total caloric intake and fat loss rather than maintaining your muscle gains. Still it seems it would be a lot easier to eat three or more high bulk low cal meals a day (lentil stew or oats for example) than to literally starve half the day and go to bed hungry.

So why am I not doing IF? I'm not a fat fuck, and I'm not stupid enough to fall for meme diets, that's why.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.