[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sports for fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: download (4).jpg (7 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
7 KB, 276x183
What sports does fit do for fun? For me it's all about pic related, i now it's faggoty, but it's just so much fun
>>
ur mum
>>
>>34927786
I box for 10 hours a week. Kills my gainz but so fun.
>>
>>34927793
OUTTA NOWHERE
>>
>>34927796
I'm taking a break from fencing now to focus on lifting and to try new Shit. I've always wanted to try boxing, how long does it take to get started?
>>
running. I'd love to find some other activities I actually enjoy that are cheap or free to get into. none of that faggoty shit that you have to sell a kidney just to afford the equipment
>>
>>34927838
Well there's obviously swimming, the other free cardio, have you considered bouldering?
>>
I think I like to do Muay Thai for fun, and I do rifle shooting
>>
>>34927846
>swimming
>bouldering
>free

tfw its winter and I can't afford gym membership
>>
>>34927786
RUGBY UNION, used to paintball alot, that was a blast, too expensive though.
I also like raquetball but no one wants 2 play with me
>>
>>34927786
SABRE BITCH
>>
>>34927786
foil masterrace
>>
>>34928260
Use a real weapon fgt
fucking flimsy bullshit
>>
>>34927786
I'm a fencer. I specialize in Épée, which is what the dudes in the OP are doing. Fencing is hella fun. It's demanding, strategic, exciting, and it's something you can do even when you get past your physical prime.

It also does wonders for your butt and core.

If your interested in trying it, search out a club near you and don't get discouraged, there's a learning curve. It's like learning to play a new game.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 349x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 349x275
Anybody /racquetball/ here?

It's a great game and you just get better with age
>>
>>34927786
Gymnastics.

So challenging and choc-a-bloc with grills.

>gymnastics is also *the sport* for improving at sex, so date somebody from your gym.
>>
>>34928415
How'd you start gymnastics? It looks kind of fun.
Am I going to look like a total retard because I've never done gymnast stuff. I can't even do a hand stand for more than ~3seconds
>>
>>34928647
You are probably doing the handstand wrong.
Almost everybody who is untrained is.

See if you can find a local gymnasium.
Alternatively, buy a pair of wooden rings and hang them somewhere high. High.

Your power:weight ratio will go through the roof, but you will need to stretch and be consistent.

If you're over 18 when you start, forget about competing - but you will always improve your physique.
>>
>>34928678
Ha, I just turned 21. I
never hoped to compete, but like you said gymnasts are usually hot women and it gives you an awesome body.
>>
>>34928678
Not him but I did gymnastics when I was little for somewhere between 2 to 3 years and I'm still pretty flexible and can almost do the splits(I did a lot of Tae Kwon Doe growing up as well).

How good are my chances at not being a shitter at competing?
>>
>>34928727
Shit yeah.

Mine has classes on mon-sat, 3:30-8:30.

Minee is the only advanced males class.

18 year-old grills in booty shorts and tanks the whole time.

When I first started, I had been doing hypertrophy training for a couple of years, and they were openly staring the first few weeks I turned up.

You should do it: it's really fun.

>>34928738
Good. As long as you stayed somewhat flexible, you'll be fine.

My guess:
>in twenties or below
>can touch toes.
>can raise arms in a straight line out by your sides to vertical.
>don't have fucked up wrists.

Basically these, and you can hope to compete at state - nationals if you devote years to it and live in Aus.
>>
>>34928773
Alright so there's a gym near me but I won't be able to start until after new years. What can I do in the meantime?
Does a gymnastics place have the same stigma about new years people regular gyms do?
>>
>>34928286
>it's something you can do even when you get past your physical prime

This. My old fencing instructor was pushing 60 and he was untouchable when he got serious.
>>
snowboarding and golf
>>
>>34928286
>>34928828
Muscles go away but muscle memory doesn't.
>>
>>34927786

Polo
>>
>>34928802
I can't speak for yours, but mine was friendly.

Stretch in the meantime. Get gud. It was literally the only thing holding me back as a teen.

Grip strength training. All angles of the wrist. If you can find a bar, do one arm dead hangs.

Stop/lower training for size. Keep some isolations if you want dat aesthetics, but try to forget about leaving humanity behind. Size is useless.

Go easy on training legs. Try to train with plyometrics or explosiveness, especially calves. Try hopping with stiff knees, using only calves for propulsion and cushioning.

Do all the pull-up and chin-up variations (if you have a bar). Start each rep from a dead hang to maintain flexibility.

Loose weight if you're carrying extra pounds.
>>
>>34928852
Also, ABS

HOLY fucking shit do everything except situps.

Crunches
Rocking
Russian twists
Pike crunches
Splayed pushups
Plank
Leg raises
Flutter kicks

20 reps, or 2 minutes each no rest you will die lad
>>
>>34928852
I don't really lift so I'm not that big.

My grip strength is alright, rock climbing is a blast you should check it out if you haven't. Even indoor gyms are pretty fun, nothing quite like being 40' up in the air knowing the only thing keeping you up is a tiny hand hold.

I appreciate the advice man, I'll pick up a pull up bar tomorrow I guess and start training.

I'm 5'11 and 170lbs, I don't think I'm overweight
>>
>>34927786
Which type do you do, OP? I do foil.
>>
Basketball is pretty good, basically HIIT

I also swim. Pretty damn good at both College swim for freestyle, d2 bball), been doing both for 20+ years. Drunk but ask away if you need help with anything
>>
>>34928881
Nah you sound fine. No problem!

Yes, I plan to try on a holiday this summer :))) so excited.
>>
>>34928884
I've never swam for time or anything. What is the quickest way to lower your time? Minimum I need is 1000m in 22:00, I think ideally I would like to be able to do it in 18:00. Is that a reasonable goal? I have anywhere from 6 months to a year depending on when the package drops
>>
Cycling
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.