[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadlift Form Check
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Starting Strength.jpg (7 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
Starting Strength.jpg
7 KB, 219x230
Can I get some tips on how to fix my deadlift form? I just hit a PR of 385 lbs today (I tried 4 plate after and failed).

I think my main problem is my hips come up too fast while the bar doesn't, so my back has to do more work. Any tips on how to fix this or other things I should change?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ReMgv6ydc
>>
>>34924504

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>34924536
Yeah, I know that's why I'm asking for things I need to change.
>>
Looked to me it was all back. Your hips where way to high. Therefore you couldn't use dat hip drive. Work in lowering your hips. Squeeze the shit out of your glutes & hammies before you lift off. I used to have the same issue, & I wondered why my back was so tight. I cant post a video of me DL with some decent form if you'd like?
>>
>>34924544

With that form and weight, I would be fucking embarrassed to even film it. If you fuck your shit up it's all your fault.

Drop 40kg and focus on your form
>>
Knees are too far forward, bar is not over mid foot, bar is not maintaining contact with your body, lower back is extremely rounded, head and neck out of alignment.

Go back to square one and start all over. You missed a lot of fundamentals with this lift.
>>
>>34924504
How did you get so far with such bad form? Surely your realise that its not right or someone says something
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbFI9dgBZY&feature=youtu.be
>>
This was a daily max. You can see my back rounded ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NaLmB8X6qs&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>34924561
>>34924635
Thanks for the tips and video. It looks like I need to stand a little closer to the bar, keep my head up so my back is a bit more arched, and use my hips more.
>>
>>34924683
Anytime man, we're all going to make it brah..
I've mixed around with what feels comfortable. Hip drive is definitely a key to big deads. Also I would recommend doing alot of hamstring curls. I'm currently going to switch & try this time on my 12 week routine. ya know, pull sumo eat butt. If you need anything, just message on the youtubez.
>>
>>34924635
> at 181
Brah you're at LEAST 215
>>
>>34924611
Yeah, I realized after videoing myself that my form seemed off so I asked you guys.. No one at my gym says anything though since it's mostly DYELs and even though I haven't been lifting long, I'm stronger than 90% of them.
>>
>>34924743
Short and perma bulk. I usually go up to 200 or so in off-season.
>>
>>34924764
I'm the weakest of my group of lifter buddies. My buddy Sky is 218ish & has a 385 bench, 565 skwaat & 600 deadlift. If you can get around some strong mofo's, you'll in return become stronger.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.