[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
diabetes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: symptoms-of-diabetes.jpg (71 KB, 561x512) Image search: [Google]
symptoms-of-diabetes.jpg
71 KB, 561x512
Hey /fit/.
I wasn't really sure if this /fit/s here, but I'll explain anyway.

A friend of mine got me worried on diabetes.
He told me my "muscle spasms" can be effects of diabetes.

My muscle spasm are basically that I voluntarily make my shoulder muscles jump. I do that a lot, for like 2-3 years now.
Like getting an itch in my muscle and i feel like i gotta move it(I can resist though pretty easily.)

So any diabetes suffering people here or doctors can tell me(or anyone that knows), are the muscle movements voluntary in diabetes?
>>
>>34910775
weight and height?
>>
>>34911314
93kg
190cm
>>
>>34910775
>Like getting an itch in my muscle and i feel like i gotta move it
This sounds like a nervous tic, I have Tourette's and feel the same way.
>>
>>34911476
That's what I think it is, except I can control it.
I get it a lot more often when stressed or mad
>>
>>34911476
Also, just wondering, can you control your tics? Or you get crazy/nervous if you don't do them?
>>
>>34910775
Do people in your family have diabetes?
>>
>>34911518
I have this too. It's normal. My doc says it's related to nerve connections. It's not tourette's.
>>
>>34911545
No, none that I know of. I am just quite paranoid of diabetes, and my diet contains barely any sugar half a tea spoon of sugar in my morning coffee and other strict anti-sugar rules that I have
>>
>>34911649
You're better off checking your love handles and fatty liver symptoms in general.
>>
>>34911649
If you are so paranoid, wouldn´t a simple blood test and a doctor exam make you feel better?
>>
>>34911525
They're "voluntary," but if I don't twitch my muscle I get nervous and it feels like pressure is building up. It gets worse when I'm stressed or nervous about something.
>>
>>34911681
It will, I just like checking stuff before, so I can sleep at night.
Thanks /fit/.
>>
>>34910775
Type 1 here

Honestly if you have diabetes that's anything significant you will experience dramatic weight loss and loss of appetite first. You will lose lots of weight and only drink water pretty much.
>>
>>34910775
Type one diabetic here, got it 18 months ago as a 20 year old.
Yeah, pretty much everyone who had untreated diabetes will tell you that they had muscle spasms and cramps. Its a sign of dehydration. I used to get them pretty much every night for a year before i got diagnosed.
But i lost around 20 kg in 6 months, and unlike what someone else said i was hungry and thirsty all the time, like 3000 cals and 2 gallons of water and still dropping weight (and thanks to body dysmorphia i didnt notice) I brought my current GF to the movies for our second date, and i had to go up and pee 2 times during a 2 hour movie.
Go and get it checked, insulin gains are insane, i went from 64kg skelly to 84kg ripped as fuck in a little over 7 months. And after you get used to it, its really not that big of a deal, i check my blood sugar 1 hour after every meal and take insulin a few times a day, takes literally like a combined 2 minutes a day.
>>
>>34910775
>He told me my "muscle spasms" can be effects of diabetes
or you could just need more potassium
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.