[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /fit/ any good resources for bodyweight/calisthenics/exercises
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: images.jpg (33 KB, 456x322) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
33 KB, 456x322
Hi /fit/ any good resources for bodyweight/calisthenics/exercises I can do at home? I'm a fat NEET and want to better myself
>suggestions for routines would be helpful
>>
>>34899336
i don't know shit about bodyweight but make sure you do some program that has linear progression.

also archer push ups are a more challenging version of the push up that i recommend
>>
>>34899336
R/bodyweightfitness, do the recommended routine. Or go check the bodyweightfitness General at /asp/.
>>
I know there is alot of good bodyweight routines.

I know you don't want to go to the gym.

But go to the gym, you'll make much better gains there.
The normies suck but just ignore them
>>
>>34899423
Looks good, shame any of the pullup/handstands would kill me due to my weight
>or break whatver I'd be using to hang on
>>
>>34899448
The problem with the gym is I don't think there are any sclose to me and I'd have to ask my parents to pay for it
>no drivers licence or source of income
>>
>>34899472
Yeah and that's the issue with bodyweightfitness stuff. Gym might be more conducive at the start when you're losing weight but still heavy.
>>
>>34899627
Any suggestions for stuff I can do at home without having to spend money?
>>
>>34899660
A good deal actually.
I'll type it up on the pc in a second. Just for you, cuz you are able to joke about your bodyweight.
>>
>>34899752
So if you're looking to just lose weight, light jog on angled terrain will yield the best results. Light jog, not heavy stomping because that shit will hurt your ankles/knees. The uneven terrain will force you to use your leg muscles more. If you want it to be fun try going mountain hiking in a park near you.
Swimming is also a good alternative.

As for body weight workouts, here are some you might like:
(Just note if you're going to use furniture to support/intensify your workout, make sure its stable and solid, don't want any injuries)

Push-up. Whats fun about these classics is that you can make multiple variations of it. You can elevate your feet and make it harder. Any elevation really. You can use your bed, an inflatable gym-ball, or even a coffee table. You can try using a basket ball and alternate between hands to increase difficulty while getting you coordinated.
(Make sure you keep proper form: flex your buttocks, keep your knees rigid but not entirely straight as to keep blood flowing, back straight, face 90degrees as if the top of your head had a string attached and it was being pulled)
You can do a variation of this called the sliding-fly:
Basically you put something you can use to glide your hands on the floor with(like paper plates, towels if the floor is slick enough, or commercially available disks that glide), and starting in a push-up position you glide your hands apart, lowering yourself. Then you push your body up by sliding them together again. If you find starting from the feet(push-up) to be difficult do so from the knees.
Start with your feet in push-up position, then lower yourself slowly, once you reach down, put your knees on the floor(helps to have a towel placed so you dont fuck em up) and push up to original position. This can help if you have difficulty progressing.

This is just push-up and SOME* variations. Bodyweight workouts are virtually endless.

More in just a bit,
>>
handstands or GTFO. hold your handstand against a wall for as long as you can three sets you will get strong.
>>
>>34899910
You can do a side-to-side push-up by lowering one pectoral to your hand, and then push up to starting position. Then the other pec to the other hand.

You can do torso-elevated push-ups. With your hands on the coffee table you push-up.(Keep proper form!)

You can place your hands into a diamond form while you push-up to target the triceps more than the standard push-up.

The sliding roll-out from knees:
Use a paper plate, or anything to slide on with your hands, and in a push-up position, with knees on the floor, you push your arms forward while using your abs to stretch and keep yourself straight. This workout targets the abs specifically, but also works out your back, triceps, and glutes.

The squat:
If you don't know what this is, then I'm very disappointed in you. My only advice for this one is to use good form. Don't be afraid to stick your ass out.

Plank and Side-Plank:
You should also know what this is. No slouching. When preforming a plank you should tense the buttocks and shoulders a little bit to make sure you keep posture.
The Side-Plank is basically a plank but on your side. Push out with your shoulder so you dont compress it/slouch during. Keep your core/spine straight by using your abs.

These are just a small portion of what you can do, but before I continue, OP, I'd like to know what sort of basic bodyweight workouts you can do at home/the park? I'll provide variations for everything.
>>
>>34900032
Basically anything but pullups, handstands and similar. Although I could potentially work up to them. I have enough stuff do raised pushups and similar stuff.
>I'm currently 107kg at 184cms, down over the past few years from 125kg
>>
>>34900305
>I'm currently 107kg at 184cms, down over the past few years from 125kg
Solid, but you can increase the amount of kg lost per year by upping your game.

So anything that doesn't involve pulling up? A bit limiting, but I won't judge.

RKC Plank:
Get into plank position(on elbows) and flex your glutes as much as you can to tuck them inwards(keep this force throughout the workout). Try to drive your elbows towards your feet and feet towards your elbows, as if you were trying to stick your ass up/pike.. It's important to keep good alignment in all of this. No back bending. At least try not to.

Rotating Three-Point Plank:
Do the usual plank, but lift one leg up. Keep it there for a seconds or two and then slowly lower back into position. Do the same for the other leg.
Variation-2: Two-Point Plank:
Do what you did for the Three-Point Plank, but lift your arm too. (Left leg up, Right arm up)
Do these when the Three-Point gets too easy, or if you want more out of your exercise.
With these you'll be working out your abs and obliques, and other muscles to a lesser extent.
You can even elevate your feet during any of the plank variations.

Sit-Up:
Too basic to explain. Try to keep proper form, and slowly do movements. Either slow raising and slow lowering or slow lowering. (Dropping your body wont do you much good)
Don't bounce your spine, and try to keep is as straight as you can.
You can put your feet under a bed, or have someone or something hold your ankles down to help you out.(I prefer having my feet firm on the ground)
You can do twists while doing sit-ups.

Seated Knee-Up:
While seated, lean back and grab the seat of the chair, keeping the feet on the floor, chest up. and head and neck in neutral position.
Keeping the knees bent, simultaneously move the trunk forward and the legs upward so the trunk and thighs move toward each other.
Lower the torso and feet to starting position.
>>
File: 1411039068099.jpg (3 MB, 3773x4000) Image search: [Google]
1411039068099.jpg
3 MB, 3773x4000
>>34899336
>>
>>34900611
Note for the seated knee-ups:
Maintain good posture throughout this movement by keeping the chest tall and head and neck in neutral position.

Side-Crunch:
In a crunch(sit-up) position
The side-crunch variation is performed by shifting onto your side with the hips flexed and raising the trunk(body) to about 30 degrees. Performing the crunch in this manner targets the obliques.

Shoulder-elevated Hip Thrust:
Facing upward, place your upper back on top of a couch, sturdy chair, or weight bench with your feet flat on the ground.
Place the hands on the ears and extend the hips by squeezing the glutes. Push through the heels and keep the lower back in a neutral position.
Rise as high as possible through the hips and then lower your hips to starting position.
Note(1):
The shoulder-elevated hip thrust improves on the basic hip thrust by increasing the demands at the hip and knee joints. This variation is more difficult for the quadriceps and moves the hips through a greater range of motion than the floor version. The most difficult portion of the movement is the top, which is characterized by a neutral or slightly hyper-extended hip position. It is important to be strong in this range of motion because it is used when running. Comparatively, this range of hip motion is not strengthened during the squat exercises because there are no hip extension torque requirements at the hip in neutral position when standing. For this reason, the squat and hip thrust exercises complement each other well.
Note(2): You can raise a leg while doing this one for added difficulty.

I've got more, but the idea is to get you to realize that there are literally hundreds of variations for almost all the different body weight workouts.

A good book, which I draw upon for most of the info I posted: Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy by Bret Contreras.

You have to also diet a bit to lose more weight faster, obviously. Training and *proper* dieting will accelerate the fat burn.
>>
>>34900746
A big key to bodyweight workout is to tense the appropriate muscle(s) in order to exert more force than what would naturally be needed. Otherwise you're cutting yourself short of any gains and progressions.

Keep a book in which to record the max of your workouts in both sets and reps. I'll post my day-1. in another post.
>>
File: DSC_0278.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0278.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>>34900792
Day-1. I was surprised by myself. I thought I couldn't pull off a plank for more than 25 seconds.
From here, you try to out-do yourself by increasing reps, or by adding another set.

Good luck, future-chad thundercock.
>>
>>34899518
Assuming you are currently trying to get your life together, getting a job and car is more of a priority imo
>>
>>34899336
calisthenics aren't for fat people
you won't be able to do half of the beginner shit properly
>>
File: 4 weeks .jpg (73 KB, 651x500) Image search: [Google]
4 weeks .jpg
73 KB, 651x500
>>34900689
I do this with a few accessory push ups and pull ups.

This is my end of 3rd week beginning of 4th week results
>half way through the week/ cycle of exercise.

my core feels more solid also I'm able to do more variations of different exercises .

I can do 3 fucking pull ups!
6 weeks ago I couldn't do 1.

persistence = results
>>
>>34901511
Bravo!
No honestly, doesn't look like you've achieved much, but I can see that you've made good progress.
>>
The bodyweight general needs to be here. It's retarded having it in /asp/

I prefer HIIT & barbell training to get fit. But my bro had good results with running & You Are Your Own Gym for bodyweight workouts.
>>
>>34901708
mate it's been 3.5 weeks, of course there won't be much difference.
but you can see a slight difference right?
>>
>>34901073
maybe he is a student
you cant get a driving license with 16 in every country
>>
File: chestchocolate.png (295 KB, 1880x1186) Image search: [Google]
chestchocolate.png
295 KB, 1880x1186
>>34900689
there is an updated version at
>startbodyweight.com

the original author advises to use the new one afaik, instead of this pic senpai
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.