[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knee sleeves troll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: file_14_70.jpg (170 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
file_14_70.jpg
170 KB, 800x800
>squatting going well but worried about knee health
>everyone seems to wear knee sleeves and swear by them
>buy pic related
>tight fit but that how they're made supposedly
>try them out
>feel shitty and make right knee crack/pop (not painful though)
>feel weaker for sure
>spend 2 weeks working on form to see if I can get them to work
>no success

Wtf is going on here? Everyone recommends knee sleeves and I try them and it's awful.
Did I just buy the wrong brand? Too tight fit?
What's a better alternative if at all?
>>
>>34898868
Have you tried sliding it over your knee?
>>
>>34899014
how else would I put them on?
>>
>>34898868
>>
Op you have to put your foot through the hole. Don't tape them on dumbass
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 320x180
>>34898868
Squatting properly improves knee strength. Wearing sleeves or wraps provides support and increases rebound.
Don't be a retard.
>>
>>34898868
>>
>>34898868
those are 2 ply knee sleeves. ive only seen george leeman use them, theyre rare outside of strongman i think.

theres data out there saying that wraps are bad for knee health, i guess you could extrapolate that to a tight knee sleeve like the 2 ply ones or SBDs.
to make them less of a bandaid than they already are get a light pair like rehbands or hookgrip ones in your actual size, not sized down to be more supportive, add more weight and be a crutch.

but if youre wanting to get weight out of them you can divebomb squats or drop faster at the bottom 1/4 like oly lifters squat to get the most of stretch reflex from hips and torque from knees.

moreover you could just use wraps if you want to lift more weight.

i wear rehbands when i squat. its a crutch i admit, they dont add much but i get bad pain in patellas and have had reconstructive surgery on my knee.
i squat 140kgx10-12 idk about my max.
>>
>>34898868
Have you tried sliding them over your knee?
>>
>>34898868
Have you tried sliding it over your knee
>>
>>34898868
Hab u tried slide over knee?
>>
>>34898868
Have you tried sliding them over your knee?
>>
>>34898868
You dun slid them over your knees boy?
>>
>>34898868
Have you or have you not tried sliding them over your knee?
>>
>>34898868
Requesting pic of how you wear your knee sleeves.
>>
>>34898868
>>
>>34899094
Thanks for actually answering the question.

Kind of guessed it must be something to do with the tightness of them.
>>
>>34899214
no worries m8
im not a fan on those thick knee sleeves they mess with the movement too much if they are too tight that it becomes a drastically different lift

also you become so dependent on them that you dont squat bare again or avoid it like the plague
at least thats how i feel

id avoid knee sleeves unless you get knee pain or are wanting to squat more weight/volume.
>>
>>34899094
>but if youre wanting to get weight out of them you can divebomb squats or drop faster at the bottom 1/4 like oly lifters squat to get the most of stretch reflex from hips and torque from knees.

I noticed this, but never got the point.Someone care to explain to a tard like me? I don't really understand.
>>
>>34898868
A quick inquiry my good boy.
Have you taken it upon yourself to strap the sponge over your cap?
>>
>>34899094
this. i just got hookgrips and they are good for mild knee pain. they keep the knee warm and provide slight compression, however, don't expect a lot of support/extra weight
>>
>>34898868
Had the same issue, turns out you have to slide them over your knee.
>>
>>34899463
Pretty sure it just helps them move more weight
>>
Still not one pic of OP,
with it slid upon his knee.
For this I'm telling thee
He's 8 straight from the b.
>>
I was the same as you, until I slid it over my knee, have you tried this OP?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.