[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know the best way to improve your gas tank in particular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Anyone know the best way to improve your gas tank in particular for martial arts in my case muay thai, I can run and skip at a steady rate for a decently long time (still working on it) but when it comes to kicking and punching I tend to drain pretty quickly, and tips?
>>
Do HIIT, do like 5 rounds of shadow boxing or hitting a bag at a high pace.
>>
>>34893641
Do more muay thai, seriously, nothing is better for your gas thank than actually doing martial arts.
>>
>>34893678
yeah, spar more
>>
>>34893641
HIIT is good, and focus on your breathing. If your new to it, you probably hold your breath at points and it drains you way faster. If your a little experienced, you already know that.
>>
>>34893678
no kidding eh bro
>how do I get better at x?
>do x
>>
>>34893641
punch and kick the bag more
>>
>>34894323

Well obviously training in the sport you want to get good at will help you improve, but most athletes, fighters especially do training separate from their sport to focus on certain areas, for example boxers do push ups, pull ups, neck exercises ect... non of which actually involve any boxing.
>>
Put a second gas tank in your trunk.
>>
>>34894821
>op shows up to the mcdojo with a pair of sheep lungs taped to his back
>>
>>34893641
There's a couple things you're probably doing wrong. You're probably going as hard as you can when punching and also trying to kick with the muscles in your legs. Remember most of your punches thrown should not be power, think of trying to punch as fast as you can not as hard as you can. Remember you set up your power punches not throw them all the time.

For kicking, you get more power from your hips turning over. Not from lifting your leg into the bag/trying to muscle your leg through it.

Most of the time people who are gassing with good cardio are gassed because they think the harder they muscle their blows the harder it will be. You are only fighting yourself.
>>
>>34894916
Forgot to mention, this is all assuming you know how to actually punch and kick correctly.

(Source: maybe I've taught this before, who knows, I'm prolly just some neckbeard who watched ong bak a few times.)
>>
>>34894839
>ur a cheeky cunt m80
>>
>>34893641
Come over here bruh
>>>/Asp/
>>
Nobody here knows shit. Research mitochondrial hyperplasia. Do Alactic anaerobic conditioning working the areas that need it, in this case, your arms. Kill cunts. Your other training should keep you fit, just add this to kill cunts.
>>
>>34897075
Didn't read kicking too. So work your legs too
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.