[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why the squat is the meme-lift of 2015 /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: 132156441612.jpg (71 KB, 640x491) Image search: [Google]
132156441612.jpg
71 KB, 640x491
Tell me why the squat is the meme-lift of 2015 /fit/?
>>
>>34889506
>of 2015
Newfag detected.
>>
sometimes i wonder if anybody on this site actually lifts at all
>>
What's a squat?
>>
>>34889506
why lift with chains other than to look cool? just add more weights.
>>
>>34889862
Was gonna post this anyone pls I am genuinely curious.
>>
>>34889875
it makes it harder
the hardest part of the squat is getting out of the hole, the straighter your legs get the less they work
when you're in the hole some of the chains rest on the ground, and when you rise the bar gets heavier, basically making sure you're working as hard as possible at every point of the lift
>>
>>34889862
no, think about what the chains actually do. they make it heavier at the top, and as I'm sure you know the hard part of the squat is near the bottom.
>>
Squat, bench, deadlift are all memes. In fact lifting is a meme.
>2015
>lifting
>not understanding the dad bod is what's hot right now.
>>
>>34889875
>>34889862
it gets heavier the more you stand up

i.e the lockout is harder
>>
>>34889897
>the hardest part is in the hole

But that's when it's the lightest weight from the chains since half of their weight is being supported by the ground as you can see in OP's pic. If you simply had the weight of the chains in the form of plates on the bar itself, there'd be no reduction of weight whatsoever.
>>
>>34889964
>intentionally not reaching your potential to have a meme body
>>
>>34889979
That's the point. Most people can lift more weight on the lockout than in the hole. So it allows you to do more weight for the lockout even if you can't fully squat it.
>>
File: 1428604099400.jpg (64 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1428604099400.jpg
64 KB, 600x450
>>34889506
>mfw doctors actually recommend you do this to reduce chances of miscarriage.

Not exercising during pregnancy is a myth invented by lazy landwhales to tell to other lazy landwhales and baby whales in hopes of adding to their miserable pod. It's just this giant circljerk of sagging asses and stretchmarks that they all know on some level is their fault and also bullshit but nobody ever wants to admit it.
>>
>>34890001
>participating in a meme lifestyle to reach some arbitrary potential in a single field as if it's the meaning of success

Sorry you fell for it
>>
>>34890892
>what is foetal hypothermia
>>
>>34889530
I lift between posting. Gym gots great wifi, desu senpai.
>>
>>34889975
this is true

but problem is when dyels use chains on their 170lb squat trying to look cool
>>
>>34889862
>>34889506
Why doesn't anyone outside of /plg/ and /owg/ know anything about training?
>>
>>34891229
Great question, and why do you think it is caused by exercise.

>Ctrl + f 'strenuous'
>>
>>34889862
No chains, no gains
>>
Every chick this side of Romania thinks that they'll get a juicy ass by doing it.
>>
>>34891799
East or west? (please for the love of god say east)
>>
>>34889940
>hard part is at the bottom
>so make it easier

no wonder this site is nothing but a bunch of dyel pussies
>>
>>34891804
West
>>
>>34891799
More like every chick in a country that has social media.
I think it's cuz of Crossfit, that girls now think squats = datass
It's definitely reached new heights in North America
>>
>>34891828

i, too, cannot believe what i'm reading. fucking dyels
>>
>>34891836
[Megafrown]
>>
Because it's in SS lel xD

Do Starting Aesthetics if u want to look good.
>>
File: 1438656801700.gif (115 KB, 255x184) Image search: [Google]
1438656801700.gif
115 KB, 255x184
>>34889975
makes sense.
>>
>>34891828
Holy everloving fuck don't post unless you actually train.

Either
a) its used to train speed the same way that bands are, I.e, force/weight increases out of the hole and helps to develop bar speed as you accelerate through the increase,

Or
b) you calculate it so that at the bottom, the bar weighs what yo'd normally be squatting, but it'd be heavier at the top, making the squat as a whole more taxing, and making for a very efficient way of training lockout as you can make the bar weight at lockout much heavier than what you could normally squat to full depth.
>>
>>34891942
>actually train
>bands

listen fucker, when i squat i lift everything off the floor and put it on my shoulders and squat that shit. that means if i want to squat heavy i gotta clean heavy. i gotta military heavy. i gotta ohp heavy. and if i want to clean and all that shit heavy i gotta pick heavy shit up without some fucking pussy bands or bullshit instagram chains or any of that shit. go fuck yourself faggot. have fun with your bands and chains, see you on facebook.
>>
>>34890892
This is not true.
Take for example tigers, everybody knows tigress stop hunting (physical exercise) and stay in bed all day for months once they get pregnant. During these months the other tigresses come visit and have baby showers and gossip about the tigers that inhabit the neighboring territories.
>>
File: 1224.jpg (13 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1224.jpg
13 KB, 208x199
>>34889506
why dont she just put another plate? whats this racket with chains? i see them a lot lately, is this some normie meme or what?
>>
>>34892098
Was answered multiple times in the thread already but...

Originally strong people used chains because as the bar moves away from the floor it gets heavier since more chain is suspended. So if you have a hard time locking out your Bench, slap on the chains. Getting out of the bottom position of a squat is the hard part, so if you only load based on that you are kind of limiting the amount of weight you can move. So you add as much weight as you can get out of the hole, and as you get higher the resistance stays the same since the chains make it heavier.

Now assholes with a 40 kg squat are using them because they think it looks cool.
>>
>>34892189
do you subtract the weight of the holes in each individual link in the chain?
>>
>>34892098
No, but you've proven yourself both a DYEL and an idiot.

Honestly, a 13 year old could look at what happens to the chains at the bottom of the lift and the top and tell you whats happening.
>>
>>34890892
SCP 682?
>>
>>34892189
>Now assholes with a 40 kg squat are using them because they think it looks cool.
Everything is relative. The benefits of chain and band training apply whether you're squatting 40kg or 400kg.
>>
>>34892402
And you've proven yourself a huge dickbag, congratulations faggot, your condescending fuckery has won you one sarcastic response on a Malaysian shoemaker hobbyist forum.
>>
>>34892435
>Make a stupid post without thinking
>Get told you're an idiot

This is how the world works, princess.
>>
>>34892428

False. It's like advanced periodization; newer trainees simply don't need it, and gain more when they strive to keep things simple.
>>
>>34892463
Its not like advanced periodization. Its simply changing the dynamics of the lift itself, which is fine to do at any level.
>>
>>34892354
Obviously
>>
>>34892428
No, come on. When you're still in the period of neuromuscular adaptation and building motor patterns you don't need progressive resistance.

Quit being a silly goose, you colossal faggot.
>>
>>34892446
>thinking your subjective opinions are the equivalent of objective fact.
YOU'RE the 13 year old here, using the "your music sucks because I say so" logic.
There's no such thing as a stupid question, you're simply being a piece of shit, there's nothing more to it.
>>
>>34892576
>YOU'RE the 13 year old here, using the "your music sucks because I say so" logic.
What a complete non sequitur.

>There's no such thing as a stupid question, you're simply being a piece of shit, there's nothing more to it.
This is true, but you didn't ask a question. You immediately got on your condescending high horse as if you were an expert on the subject and made yourself look the fool.
>>
>>34890892
That's why my wife was in the gym like normal, during her whole pregnancy, last day in the gym was 48h before birth (4 days past due date).
Took her 6 weeks to go back to the gym, during which she just did shit with dumbbells and bodyweight.

Although she did have to stop squatting 5 months in and deadlifting 6 months in (still pulled from below the knee) - this is very unique to each woman. Wendler's wife squatted 9 months in, but couldn't deadlift and had to wait 3 months after birth to squat again, while my wife just went in and squatted on her first day in the gym.

Baby's healthy and 1 month ahead of the normal growth curve on almost everything, including mental faculties. I blame that one on creatine supplementation during pregnancy.
>>
>>34889875
Chains are a great way to increase lockout power in compounds lifts like DL, squat and bench, all movements are hardest at the bottom where the chain weights little (due to 50% of it laying on the ground), as you lift it up it gets harder, but you are stronger in those movements (think rack pull, pin press, half squat)
>>
>>34892018
this
>>
>>34892403
(m)
>>
>>34892607

>believing the creatine meme
>>
>sometimes i wonder if anybody on this site actually lifts at all

We don't lift. Didn't you know? This board is made of fat people talking shit about fit people so we can feel better about ourselves. "Nice gyno, read the sticky, 6/10 would not bang, ect."

Now where did I put my box of doughnuts?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.