[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Foam Rolling General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: foam-rolling-abductors.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1286) Image search: [Google]
foam-rolling-abductors.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1286
I started doing this, shit fucking hurts mans. If I keep it up, will it hurt less?

Also black foam rollers are GOAT, you can't prove me wrong lads.
>>
>>34884341
>If I keep it up, will it hurt less?

Depends on what you roll. Rule of thumb is to not roll anything that isn't a muscle. Like the bitch in your pic is rolling her IT Band. You definitely shouldn't be rolling your bands, you should be rolling the muscles that connect to the band.
>>
>>34885781
Wait what? So where are the muscles that I'm supposed to roll? And what's wrong with rolling my IT Band?
>>
My chiropractor gave me a lacrosse ball to roll with. He told me rolling on some of my joints was good, so I dont know what >>34885781 is saying.

Yes, in my experience it will hurt less if you do it more. It hurts because your muscles are stiff, but thats exactly why you are rolling in the first place.
>>
>>34885781
dude what the fuck are you talking about? Keep your mouth shut if you have no idea what the chick in the picture is doing. Its one of the best rolls ever
>>
nah, I still cry occasionally when using a tennis ball to release my glutes

god tier faps though
>>
Friendly advice for you guys:

This is all according to NASM since I am working on my CES certification. Find the most painful spot with roller or ball, then HOLD it there for 30-60 seconds. I used to think it was correct to actually roll constantly but that's not the case. You're applying pressure on a trigger point to inhibit an adhesion, simply rolling does not do that but just excites the fascia and superficial tissues and does nothing.
>>34885781
I've never heard of rolling on tendon or the IT band to be a contraindication, unless you strained or sprained something. Even then, you wouldn't even be rolling
>>
>>34884341
In my experience if I haven't rolled for a longer time it get's more painful again. Which makes sense I think because I also feel a lot stiffer.

I'm using the sticky routine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8caF1Keg2XU
>>
>>34886527
gee i didn't know fascia could be depolarised
>>
Lol hurr durr don't roll your it band.
>literally the only thing really worth rolling
>>
File: 1411306106331.jpg (60 KB, 248x232) Image search: [Google]
1411306106331.jpg
60 KB, 248x232
>>34884341
It hurts at first but all the soreness and tightness from deadlifting turn into pleasure
>>
I found something better than a foam roller and you guys probably own one in your house. It's called a basketball and you can use that as a foam roller as well as a soccer ball.
>>
I love that foam rolling my adductors helps with tight hips, but rolling the hip does nothing
>>
What I never could figure out: should the muscle beeing rolled be under tension? Flexed? Stretched?
Not really a problem for the back, but rolling legs sometimes seems to forcebly move muscle strands around, not massaging them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.