[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to keep yourself young, biologically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: party.jpg (95 KB, 450x252) Image search: [Google]
party.jpg
95 KB, 450x252
What's the best way to keep yourself young, biologically speaking?

>started my first job a week ago, people are surprisingly indulgent and nice
>one of them asks how old I am the second day
>tell them I just turned 27
>he loses his shit and starts bringing me around to others asking their opinion
>everyone says I'm 18 at worst
>giggle a little and feel kind of flattered, then start pondering behind the science of it all

So here I am. I'm wondering what makes me appear so youthful,and what should I do to stop myself from aging, or at least slow it considerably? I mean, people usually say just eat healthy - which I didn't, do sports, which I didn't, have a stress free life - well that's true I was a huge recluse for years, sun haven't touched my skin for a decade, never drank alcohol or did drugs, worked like 3 months in my entire life, so there's that.

But what's next? Should I continue as I was or actually start doing sports, and eating healthy? The latter I can get definitely get behind, but isn't doing sports really taxing to the body, ie: those who lift or run etc, have more wrinkles and stuff?
>>
>>34882198
Post pic pls.

There are all sorts of reasons why.
>>
You have babyface, m8.

Really though, I wouldn't give up lifting and sports just to look a little younger. I've never drunk alcohol or done drugs like you and I think that has a much bigger effect on your appearance.
>>
Don't worry m8. You're probably just a baby-faced little faggot.
>>
>>34882198
yo bro '88 here.

>eat well
>moisturize / skin regiment
>supplements
>workout
>don't be old

Don't get old. I hate some people around my age they all want to race to being old. Invest in youth culture.

don't stop exploring / expanding.
>>
>>34882198
The answer sounds cliche, but it really does work

>drink lots of water
>wear good sunscreen
>go to bed early and get plenty of sleep
>dont drink alcohol
>dont do drugs or smoke
>dont eat like shit

The few people I know who live like this look fantastic.
>>
>>34882198
it's flattering if you don't wanna look like a man.
if you look 18 at 27 then you got the babby face syndrome. you need to start working out to start looking a man, then you can feel good about looking youthful (not young) for your age.
>>
>>34882291
>I hate some people around my age they all want to race to being old.
But we '88s are all much too mature to do something like be social. Better to sit in with our significant other and mutually masturbate til death
>>
I'm 25 but no one believes me. I don't look that young but whatever.
>>
>>34882348

lol. nahhh. Most guys I know around our age are fucking racing to be married/house/kids.

not really my goals at the moment.

Just don't be lame.
>>
>>34882291
ikr! some of them already have deep wrinkles and their faces just make you go whoa, what have you been doing all these years, working at construction sites building houses with your two bare hands?
>>34882324
well, except for the sunscreen thing I already do most of those things. I suppose I'll have to cut out junk food tho.
>>34882345
>it's flattering if you don't wanna look like a man.
Being a man is overrated desu. Plus who really cares if you don't look "masculine enough". Those are your insecurities not mine, no offense, senpai.
>>
>>34882377
A lot of mine settled down already. But tbqh they were not the nicest of people. I met some cool people at the end of uni tho so not too bothered. Also know a few that are settling down but they aren't stick in the muds, which is nice and comfy.
>>
>>34882411
>settled down

here is the problem. people feel this need to "settle down". So they kind of just stay put. They get lazy , fat and unmotivated.

don't ever settle down.

sure get married/kids when ready. but never "settle down".
>>
>>34882431
Tru dat.
>>
>>34882443

I don't get it . its like they get older and like

>"well this is it"

they just freeze and do waht they are doing.

a buddy of mine was like
>"well we are getting to that age"

which is dumb. dont let age define you
>>
>>34882291
Fuck youth culture and fuck social media. Most young people are fucking idiots.
>>
>>34882480
I said youth culture. not social media.
you sound old already.

when you were younger you still had to sift through the shit to find good stuff.

>"back in my dayyy"

you sound fucking old as fuck
>>
>>34882513
You say that like its a bad thing. Youth culture is shit m8.
>>
>>34882570
It's what brings the world forward. When you fall out of touch with it, you become irrevelant.
>>
>>34882720

my thought is that people get older and they stop growing. They just do what they need to do to get by.

settling down = be lazy for most people. Marriage/kids/house etc works for lots of people. but not everyone.

some older dudes I know are just fucking weird. they get set in their ways and don't change.

>"I don't need computers I can learn more in a day then any computer could teach me"

^^ some woman I worked with.
>>
>>34882324
Pretty much this, also
>do your lifting and cardio
>keep learning new things
>>
>>34882291
>>moisturize / skin regiment
'89 here. Please tell me more...
>>
Who /'96/ here? You 80sfags in this thread will enter fossil mode soon. Prepare yourselves.
>>
>>34884859
Ayy lmao
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 800x549) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 800x549
36 here with babyface, when i was 35 everyone guessed my age between 22 and 27
Hopped on roids and now everyone thinks im 29

Really the only way to slow down aging is to take hgh but its expensive, alternatives would include dermal fillers and face peels for when your face starts look older
>>
>>34882198
>What's the best way to keep yourself young, biologically speaking?
HGH supplementation.

as for srs answer, you're right in that reducing stressors on the skin/metabolism are good - avoid drinking and drugs, dont get too much sun, don't use harsh skin products, etc.

Eating healthy will be good, and even if it doesn't make you look younger it will make you feel younger/more energy.

Lifting done to a moderate level is good, as are non-contact sports and cardio, especially low impact cardio like swimming and rowing. Contact sports are sooner or later going to result in injuries, and if you want to pull an 800 lb deadlift someday there's going to be some sacrifices involved, but that doesn't mean you cant pull 400-500 just fine.
>>
/89/ reporting in

I don't feel old, but I do look older/mature. This is mostly because I have rugged features and perpetual stubble (which is kind of nice I guess).

No desire to settle down yet (whatever that means).
>>
>>34882198
Ones of the reasons I started lifting was so that I looked a little older. And I also have a decent amount of facial hair, that I keep trimmed. But at 27 y/o I still look 19 years old.

As far as skin care is concerned because I had acne when I was younger I can say i've seen moisturizing, exfoliating, and gently cleaning my skin for about 12 years. That might have something to do with it.
>>
Curcumin, quercetin, resveratrol, a bit of aspirin, intermittent fasting, resistance training, veggie-packed diet, and frequent blood donation.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.