[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who here /keto/? >mfw supressed appetite and clean energy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: keto.jpg (166 KB, 736x952) Image search: [Google]
keto.jpg
166 KB, 736x952
who here /keto/?

>mfw supressed appetite and clean energy
>>
Keto is great, but it isn't magic, still calories in vs calories out

>inb4 Keto is a meme diet
>>
I'm going to visit my parents for around 4-5 days. What are some easy foods to bring/buy to maintain my ketosis?
>>
File: 56235435634.jpg (54 KB, 600x692) Image search: [Google]
56235435634.jpg
54 KB, 600x692
>>34881806
>still calories in vs calories out

>>34881864
coconut butter, coconut oil, jerkey, cheese sticks, green leafy veggies
>>
What's the point of this diet? General health?
>>
>>34882677

Its for cutting.

Fats and brotein make you feel more full than carbs do, and vegies have like 0 calories, so you can eat less and feel super full.
>>
No fruit or oats is simply torture.
>>
File: keto.png (2 MB, 1970x1857) Image search: [Google]
keto.png
2 MB, 1970x1857
>>34882692
>>34882677

once you become fat adapted you have access to 40,000 cals of energy vs 2000 as a sugar burner.

you become less hungry as you use fat stores for energy, IF becomes insanely easier

>>34882812

oats are for birds
berries, avocados, tomatoes
>>
File: depressedbrokenfrogmaymay.jpg (89 KB, 590x518) Image search: [Google]
depressedbrokenfrogmaymay.jpg
89 KB, 590x518
>>34882692
>>34883277

I keep hearing about the full feeling all the time.

wh-when does this happen?
>>
>>34882692
>fats make you feel more full than carbs do
no
>>
>>34883376
It doesn't. If your on a calorie deficit, you'll be hungry. Just drink a lot of water
>>
File: 1409884595413.jpg (21 KB, 310x280) Image search: [Google]
1409884595413.jpg
21 KB, 310x280
>>34883752

oh is that why excess carbohydrates turn into bodyfat because your body prefers fat?

>>34883847

it does actually because keto works with your hormones, and when you are a fat burner, you burn fat and can go longer periods without feeling hungry

>>34883376

people report 6-7 weeks to become fully fat adapted, if you are very active you can in 3-4 weeks.

drink lots of water, eat lots of fat, avoid sugar substitutes, sleep alot, take your damn electrolytes, eat veggies and avocados.

hungry? take a bite of grass fed butter.
>>
>>34883883
>oh is that why excess carbohydrates turn into bodyfat because your body prefers fat?
its because 1g of fat = 9 kcal
1g of carb = 4kcal

for storage purposes, you are getting more than twice the energy in the same space.

why would it NOT store it as fat?

nice broscience logic, here is some fact
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234

also every academic proponent of keto says you should do VLcarb dieting for no more than 9 weeks.

because even they have to recognize such an absurd diet is obviously unhealthy

also

>what is glycogen
spoiler alert: your muscles need that shit
>>
File: 1439529377326.jpg (35 KB, 358x292) Image search: [Google]
1439529377326.jpg
35 KB, 358x292
>>34883883
>it does actually because keto works with your hormones, and when you are a fat burner, you burn fat and can go longer periods without feeling hungry

did you have a stroke while typing this?
>>
>>34883960
also
>inb4 "dude, you can totally source all muscular glycogen from glycogenesis"
because no you fucking can't

>>34883972
ketards can't into science.
>>
>>34883960
>also every academic proponent of keto says you should do VLcarb dieting for no more than 9 weeks.
>because even they have to recognize such an absurd diet is obviously unhealthy

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/oznv5/been_on_keto_for_10_years_need_tips_pointers_ask/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15148063

>what is glycogen
>spoiler alert: your muscles need that shit

https://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/comments/2dzcqv/the_art_and_science_of_low_carbohydrate/
>>
>>34883985
>glycogenesis

it's called gluconeogenisis
>>
>>34884025
wrong.
gluconeogenesis = making glucose from bodyfat

glycogenesis = making glycogen from glucose.
>>
>>34884060

yeah but if i don't eat glucose how while i make glycogen from it?

fucking nigger go eat some ice cream, fatty
>>
>>34884013
i did distinguish between VLcarb dieting and maintaining ketosis, i believe.

also that article only proves ketosis is sustainable for 24 weeks, if you are obese..

>le reddit dieter
i am just going to disregard this link.

from that second study
"We could not definitively distinguish effects of the low-carbohydrate diet and those of the nutritional supplements provided only to that group. "
that, and the connection to atkins money is a huge red flag.

see what isocaloric comparisons look like without such huge variables or funding bias
(link above and also below)
here is a pro-tip: it would have been super easy to supplement both groups, thus eliminating the variable and giving accurate results. everyone involved in the study was aware of this... yet they didn't do this... this is an obvious sign of bias, aside from the well-known connection that yancy WS and that anssi dude carry with them..

>>34883960
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16403234

i appreciate you attempting a little bit of scientific integrity and rigor, but remember to research both sides of a subject
>>
>>34884074
>if you don't restrict carbs to 20g a day, you must eat ice cream regularly
not even a little bit, actually.

but i do enjoy salads and fruit.

generally don't even like starches (rice/bread/potato - all taste like bland to me)
>>
>>34884074
>yeah but if i don't eat glucose how while i make glycogen from it?
you will, but in insufficient quantities, because only a small fraction of the glucose that is endogenously produced will go to making glycogen.

and your body will be struggling to make enough glucose as it is.

hence the huge amounts of acetone in your bloodstream
>>
Tried it for about 4 weeks. No difference from eating carbs except I have to piss every 5m and constantly hungry without carbs. Having some brown rice with each meal keeps me full all day, going without carbs doesn't fill me up. You need fat, carbs AND protein to get fully satiated. Its also harder to get a pump without carbs.
>>
>>34883277
only 50gs of rice? Also, can someone post a sample daily diet hitting 2000 cals, it seems hard on vegetables and meat
>>
File: 1446142397263.png (216 KB, 374x392) Image search: [Google]
1446142397263.png
216 KB, 374x392
Why no beans.. ?
>>
>>34884614
Nevermind. It's not particularly hard, but it is much more difficult to hit a surplus, rather than a deficit
>>
>>34881741
I trust no diet that includes "no legumes"
thats like my entire diet outside of spinach and cottage cheese
>>
>>34883277
>once you become fat adapted you have access to 40,000 cals of energy vs 2000 as a sugar burner.

[broscience intensifies]
>>
Keto is god bros. Its not calories in calories out like half of fhe fitness world believes. Look up some actual research. Its more about what you eat. Calories from protein and fat are WAY better than calories from carbs in terms of fuel. Yes. You can even exercise and run full sprints when your body adapts fully to fat as fuel. Keto is how our ancestors lived day to day so dont tell me "i need carbs for muh energy". As long as you eat around 30carbs a day baseline youll be fine. I live permanently on keto and have been for years. Everyones so addicted to carbs and sugar that theyre in denial. Yeah you can have success with the calories in calories out if you dont each shit but thats simply the wrong mindset for the great majority of people who dont know how to eat right. Train yourself off carbs and sugar they are useless
>>
>>34881741
>who here /heart disease/?
>>
>>34886645

>who here /still living in the 90's/
>>
>>34885796
>Its not calories in calories out like half of fhe fitness world believes
Except, it is. If you want to lose weight, eat less and you will. Simple as that. Of course there is more to it, but the basic principle still holds true.

>WAY better than calories from carbs in terms of fuel
>You can even exercise and run full sprints when your body adapts fully to fat as fuel.
This is why so many successful athletes are on keto diets, right? Oh wait, they aren't.

>Keto is how our ancestors lived day to day
No, they didn't. But believe whatever you want.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.