[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1431196084277.jpg (162 KB, 600x817) Image search: [Google]
1431196084277.jpg
162 KB, 600x817
QTDDTOT (Questions that don't deserve their own thread) old one is reaching its limits

So I'm doing SS and I noticed that power clean day is much more intensive than deadlift day (compare amount of work you have to do with PC, it's like three times more) + bench press is usually heavier than OHP.
I threw some pull ups to PC day, but after 5 sets of Power Cleans I just didn't have enough energy to even walk, let alone power clean
So I reduced PC volume to 3x3 and thus I feel less tired and can do some pull ups post workout and I don't feel like reducing halts my progression on cleans. Did I do it right or am I just fucking with the program as always?
>>
>>34874719
>let alone power clean
meant to say "pull up"
>>
I know this sounds childish to ask, but im stalling on bench press at 185 lbs for 5x5. My goal is the obvious 225lbs for 5x5. But what exercises can i do to increase my bench press??

Also would weight have something to do with it? I weight 165 lbs. Should i be trying to increase my weight by any means necessary as well?
>>
>>34875103
>I weight 165 lbs
depends on your height.I found weighted dips helped.
>>34874719
you are fucking with the program by adding shit even so why not do pullups before?
>>
What is a good carbs/protons/fats combination considering I'm in a cut?

I've read mixed things about that, some say I should minimize carbs to like 20% and some say I should rather reduce fats to 25-30% max.
>>
Is protein powder choice really that important?
I mean obviously theres differences between bulking powder, no carb etc but between the different brands is there much difference?
Which is the best to use when you start out again? I haven't been in 2 years.
>>
>>34875133
>adding shit
Rip recommends adding chin/pull ups and dips later on. And this is literally the only thing I added into the program

Why not before? Probably because I don't want to be exhausted and have any arm soreness before doing power cleans
>>
So I really like SS, I want to keep doing it but I also want to start swimming, would it be pointless to do both?
>>
>>34875103
bench press isn't just chest.
Especially if you aren't that heavy it could be your arms aren't big enough.
>>
>>34875133
>>34875208

Im 5'8"
And usually for push day, i do:
Bench press 5x5 185lbs
Weighted dips 3x8 +20 lbs
Tricep extentions 3x8 70lbs
>>
>>34875348
Maybe you're just reaching your limit at that height+weight
>>
>>34875375

But i gotta push it to the limit
>>
>>34875151
Also interested
>>
>>34875151
Right now I'm just trying to get my 1g/lb of protein a day and try to minimize my carb intake, while focusing on healthy fats. Not measuring exactly cause I'm just trying to lose weight and not on a cut/bulk cycle
>>
>>34875204

No, why would it?
>>
my hamstrings are feeling a lil weird lately, a lil sore and a lil itchy, im also struggling to touch my toes and i usually can. what does it mean? should i buy a massage roller and use it?
>>
>>34875204
I would do both, swimming is great form of cardio that stimulates a ton of muscles at the same time.
>>
>>34875511
How long have you been lifting?
>>
>meet girl on Tinder
>qt3.14 real sexy
>we can talk forever, stay up late texting
>both looking for long term
>college grad. I still have a few years

She has a kid though
I'm not opposed to the idea of her already having a baby, but I imagine my family would look down on it.

Should I date and possibly marry this girl? She works out and is awesome in every way.
The way I see it, I would wind up getting foster kids at some point so I don't mind the part of the kid not being mine
>>
>>34875542
c.uckold: the post
>>
>>34875542
If she has a kid at that age she's definitely not perfect, then again nobody is. I don't see why you shouldn't give dating a shot, it's like test driving a car. It's not too late until there's a ring on the finger, so don't be hasty with that. It takes couple of years to get to actually know someone
>>
What kind of milk should you drink when skinnyfat? I've always drank skimmed but was considering switching to whole
>>
>>34875575
whichever fits your macros better
>>
>>34875151
I'm doing 40% protein 25% fat and the rest carb
>>
While doing SL as the weight increases I'm not able to perform squats with perfect form, I bend a little on some reps. Do I count these? Or do I try again until I get perfect form
>>
I went hard during chest day yesterday and I feel like something in my elbow will be injured soon.

It does not give me any pain but when I move my arm, I feel something.

What do I do to prevent injury.
>>
>>34875614
you count them, but try harder to keep good form. learning how to keep good form even under heavy load is a skill you have to develop.
>>
My ohp is stalling really badly, my deadlift is at 85kg, squat 70kg, bench at 40kg but my ohp is stuck at 30kg, I am on my first month of SL and everything except that goes well, wtf is wrong with this damn OHP.

Also is it okay to do Pendlay Rows instead of the bent over rows rippletits recommends?
>>
Tendons, or whatever it is at the bottom of my foot hurts sometimes. Usually after doing calf raises. It started when I was kickboxing and the weird stretchy pain comes back every now and then when i stretch bottom of my feet too much(usually when doing high kicks or calf raises)
Does this happen to anyone else and is there a way to treat it?
>>
>>34875521
9 weeks
>>
>>34875542
She has a kid, if she was this perfect the kid's dad wouldnt leave her. She has to be perfect because kid is natural repellant. Natural thing would be to eat the kid and make your own.
>>
>>34875551
Kissless virgin: the post

It's not like the dad is still in the picture. I'm not being keked by anyone faggot. If anything he's the one getting keked, paying child support while I fuck his 8/10 cardio bunny and raise the daughter he couldn't.

Also inb4 nigger. We're both college educated whites from good families
>>
>>34875737
My dl is around 95, squat 75, bench 50 and ohp 40 so not much different than you. OHP is the hardest so its normal youre lagging with it.
>>
>>34875189
No difference, u don't even really need protein powder if diet is fine
>>34875617
>chest day
>>
>>34875614
Don't count sloppy reps. These were already too hard for you to complete properly and if you note them down as succesful that just creates fake progress on the paper, which you will have to try to beat next time in the gym, which is of course going to be harder and harder and then impossible.

Imagine if you did 5x5x120 but instead wrote down that you'd done 5x5x140. Then next session you'd have to do sets with 145. You'd be setting yourself up for failure. And that's what happens when you count sloppy reps.

>>34875737
Accept the fact that OHP progresses at a slower pace than other lifts because less total muscle is involved in the lift.
You have 3 options:
#1 Begin micro-loading, if you have access to very light plates (0.5kg)
#2 Begin adding 1 rep to each set rather than adding weight. Do this until you've succesfully completed 8 reps in all sets. Then you increase the weight and go back to doing 5 reps, and then work your way back up and so on.
#3 Simply only add weight to your OHP every 2nd time (not recommended, but can also work).

>Also is it okay to do Pendlay Rows instead of the bent over rows rippletits recommends?
Yes.
>>
>>34875617
Warm up properly. Seriously. A good way of warming up the elbow is actually performing a couple of sets of biceps curls. 25+ reps, squeeze that shit. The point is to get a big pump going, which forces fluids in around the joint.
If you feel like some damage has already been done, consider stopping most of your reps a little short of lock-out for some time.
>>
File: 1440008015084.png (2 MB, 1378x649) Image search: [Google]
1440008015084.png
2 MB, 1378x649
How do I defeat yellow fever?
>>
At the start of September I weighed 315
Now I weigh 282.4
Is it possible for me to get down to 200 lbs by march?
>>
I'm not feeling it today, should I take the day off?
>>
>>34875981
Depends. Do you actually feel like you will have trouble because youre tired or just being a sad lazy cunt?
Because im finishing a 13 hour shift and consider going for some light workout and a shower, dont be a lazy cunt.
>>
>>34875966
By fucking asians til you grow tired of it.
>>
>>34875968
in case you do not lack disciprine and do everything according to the book
>>
>>34876061
So...yes or no?
>>
OHP works the triceps right? What's the point of doing OHP and close grip bench press on the same day on ICF then?
>>
>>34875348
Start doing The Press
>>
Very very stupid question. I saw couple days ago an image with 8 different body types (males) listed from a to h. The discussion was about which one guys aim to be and which one instead girls look for.

Does anyone have that picture?
>>
>>34876106
The main muscle in OHP is shoulders.
The secondary is triceps
>>
File: how-to-do-weighted-pull-ups.jpg (14 KB, 250x371) Image search: [Google]
how-to-do-weighted-pull-ups.jpg
14 KB, 250x371
Is lat pulldown fully substitutable by weighted pull-ups?
>>
>>34876106

they are two very different movements and involve different muscles in different ways
>>
>>34876138
yes
>>
File: 2435467.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
2435467.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>be me
>thought that i'm 5'7" (measured in university)
>decided to measure again
>mfw 6"
>>
>>34876106
Overhead presses don't overload the triceps to nearly the same extend as close-grip presses do.
>>
>>34876138
it's even better
>>
>>34876173
>6"

Are you a Borrower?
>>
>>34876153
>>34876186
I guess i should try then. The only problem what if i won't be able to do all reps of the last set (even if added weight will be 0)?
>>
>>34876187
No, why? Actually i missed the thread.
>>
>>34876136
>>34876148
>>34876180
I really feel both in the triceps though, does it matter if I do one first or the other?
>>
>>34876217
Depends on which lift you want to prioritize. The exercise that's most important to you in terms of how much weight you can lift should be done first. You will also find it easier to progress on the exercises done earlier in the session.
>>
>>34876217
close grip bench press is for triceps.
maybe check you form in the OHP.

>does it matter if I do one first or the other?
To me, is more important OHP, do it first.
close grip bench is an accesory exercise
>>
>>34875151
>>34875612

I've heard that it would be better to reduce more carbs than fats because carbs (especially bad carbs from shit like white bread) are the ones responsible for making your body retain more sugar and fat, so I'm trying to balance carbs and fats. 27% carbs, 43% proteins and 30% fats diet.
>>
How to do face pulls without a cable machine?
>>
>>34876486
I mean, is there a good substitute exercise?
>>
>>34876217
Do the one that you care about progressing more first. They both will hit the shoulders and the triceps very well. Unless you are a powerlifter (like want to compete in PL or have preexisting shoulder problems, not "hurr I lift for strength I am tru PL") that should probably be OHP.

>>34876392
It doesn't really matter. Eat enough carbs to keep your energy up. Fats and proteins are generally more filling/satiating so you won't be AS hungry on your cut. 40/30/30 p/f/c is pretty good.

>>34876507
Rear delt flyes.
>>
Question /fit/

If I put 1 25kg plate each on a bench do I say that I bench 110lbs? or do I say I bench 130lbs? (counting the OLY bar)
>>
>>34876745
Neither.
One 20 kg barbell + 2x25 kg plates = 70 kg ~ 155 pounds.
>>
>>34875551
Kek
>>
>>34876774
>mfw Ive been writing 110 on my notebook

Goddamn thank you anon
>>
>>34876173
>When other people say they're 6' and you don't realize you are similar if not the exact same height
>yea no this totally happened and isn't some lame ass manlet day dream.
>>
>>34876745
1 kg = 2.2 lbs.
70 kg = 154 lbs.
>>
Can you eat whatever you want and just spit it out again after getting the yummy taste in your mouth and never get fat???
>>
Is underhand grip better than overhand grip when doing rows?
like this article says, or is it t-nation bullshit? https://www.t-nation.com/training/best-way-to-row-period
>>
>>34877076
Neither is "better". They're simply different. An underhand grip does put you into a slightly stronger position bio-mechanically, but it also makes it hard to take a wide grip. This means that barbell rows with an underhand grip is pretty much always done with your elbows tucked. This is great for the lats and there's nothing wrong with that, but if you want to incorporate the upper back to a greater extend, it's necessary to flare your elbows out a bit, which means you'll have to take an overhand grip.
If you use an underhand grip it's also only practical to row into your abdomen or into your waist - You can't really hit your chest.

Just like with the endless "chin-ups vs. pull-ups" debate, the truth is that there is not "best" variation. They are just that. Variations.
>>
>>34877134
Got it, thanks. Since I have long arms, I can do somewhat wide-grip overhand. But what about hitting the abdomen instead of the chest? What is the difference?
>>
Alcohol:
Before or after workout?
"never" answers and their variants can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>34877194
>What is the difference?
Assuming you keep your forearms vertical at all times, the more tucked your elbows are the lower you will hit on your torso. You can however still hit high on your torso i.e. on your chest with your arms flared out at 45 degrees or more if you don't just let your forearms hang down but use your arms to pull with as well. This can be good and bad depending on whether you actually want to incorporate your elbow flexors (biceps, brachialis etc.) in the lift, at the expense of back recruitment.
>>
Got a routine question here, posted below, it's basically just SS with some dips, chins and pulls added:

A-
Back squat-3x5
Bench press- 3x5 (to warm up for bench press- 2x12 curls)
Deadlift- 1x5

B-
Back squat-3x5
OHP-3x5
power cleans- 5x3

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

Accessories to add:

Workout 1:
dips- 3xf
Hanging leg raise- 2x8

Workout 2:
Chin-ups- 3xf

Workout 3:
Pull ups 3xf

I've made good gains, but I'm worried at how large my legs are in comparison to everything else. Should I switch to greyskull, which has an upper body focus? It seems like a really boring routine though, in comparison to SS.
My main goal is strength but I don't want to sacrifice aesthetics completely.
Also any advice on when to go to an intermediate routine? I weigh 83 kgs at 188 cm. stats below:

Squat: 95kg
Deadlift:120kg
Bench: 65 kg
OHP: 40 kg
Power cleans: 60 kg
>>
I really don't understand rows. I'm doing bent over rows because Pendlays make my back feel weird. I understand that overhand bent over rows are supposed to hit your back, yes? I'm focusing on pulling with m rear delts and gripping the bar as firmly as possible. What counts as a good rep for this, though? Am I supposed to be pulling it all the way to my chest every time?
>>
>>34877444
Are you sure your legs are getting too big? I mean, if you think about it you're actually doing just as much work for your upper body as you are for your lower body.
Some people think well-developed legs are overdeveloped because they aren't used to seeing other people who actually train their lower body seriously.
Regardless, I've always thought it's a mistake to try to change the thing that IS working in your training (your legs getting big). Rather, why don't you think about what you can realistically do to change the things that AREN'T working?

>advice on when to go to an intermediate routine?
Once linear progression stops working it's magic you'll need to move on to an intermediate program. Until then, enjoy the quick n easy gains.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 385x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 385x267
>>34874719
If it says to do chin-ups 3 x F, how long should I rest in between the sets?
>>
>>34875878
>I'm not being keked by anyone faggot.
Phase one of kekolding: Denial
>>
>>34877751

>Are you sure your legs are getting too big?

You're probably right, and I fell for all of those t-rex memes, but I also think that it is because my lower body is a lot stronger than my upper body (squat and deadlift are way higher than anything else I can do). It just seems very out of proportion.
I know I don't have the necessary knowledge to fuck with an established program though.

>Why don't you think about what you can do to change the things that aren't working?

I'll keep checking my form and aiming for linear progression, but from what I understand, OHP is one of the slowest progressing lifts as it is.
Rippletits advices to change to weighted chinups/pullups/dips/whatever after hitting 3x15- I can currently do 3x8 on everything-would it be worth switching to weighted anyway? Could it help develop my upper body?

>Once linear progression stops working its magic

I've stalled a few times already and got over it by deloading and eating more- how do I know when this stall is the "right" stall so to speak? I heard a DL/Squat/Bench of 2x/1.5x/1x bodyweight was right, but that puts intermediate at 160kg/120kg/80 kg for me. Is that not a little high?

Either way thanks for the advice breh
>>
File: image.png (645 KB, 830x1262) Image search: [Google]
image.png
645 KB, 830x1262
>>34877772
Answer me.
>>
Now I weigh 282.4
>>
>>34878008
Sometimes I walk slow but I never walk backwards.
>>
>>34877997
RARE
A
R
E
>>
So I've been on ICF for about 6 months now and I've been feeling the urge to work out more than 3 times a week lately. Can anyone recommend a good routine to transition to?
>>
I recently started training and I'm trying to go to the gym every day. Is it a good idea to use protein powder even though I'm weak as a kitten?
>>
What's a good set of exercises I can use to fix my lumbar lordosis? It's not very bad but it's still visible.
>>
File: WWS-Alcohol1.jpg (79 KB, 708x574) Image search: [Google]
WWS-Alcohol1.jpg
79 KB, 708x574
is an 8-9 minute mile normal or bad? I've been running for about 3 months and cut down my mile time from 15 min. I was fairly proud of myself but I've been seeing things in Fat Hate/FPS where fatties run about 8 or 9 minute miles.
>>
>>34877886
>It just seems very out of proportion
Your numbers seem quite proportionate to me.

>would it be worth switching to weighted anyway?
No keep adding reps. You'll accumulate more volume this way, which is beneficial for hypertrophy.

>I heard a DL/Squat/Bench of 2x/1.5x/1x bodyweight was right
All these arbitrary milestones are USELESS. The individual differences are simply too big. Some people hit these numbers on their 1st day and can obviously continue progressing easily from there as they're still untrained even though they're strong.
If you've gotten to the point where you're not really confident you can progress from session to session like you're supposed to, then it's time to search for something a little more advanced (and thus with a slower rate of progression).

>>34877772
Anything from 3 minutes to 30 seconds. Both approaches will give you results. It's not that important. What's important is that you strive to improve from time to time.
I'd probably take about 2 minutes of rest though.

>>34878026
How often do you want to train?

>>34878087
Read the sticky. Now.

>>34878088
Just to clarify, you're supposed to have a lumbar lordosis - just not a hyperlordosis.
If you still think you have a problem, stretch your hip flexors all day erry day, and try to be more mindful of your posture throughout the day. That's it really.
There could be other reasons that tight hip flexors, but that's the most common cause.
>>
>>34878129
>>34878026
Sorry I forgot to say, 5 times a week would be ideal.
>>
>>34878129
>>34877886

Great, thanks for the advice.
>>
Can I become strong enough to do chinups/pullups in 4 months?

I jut started training with a bodyweight routine (I will have to move soon, so I dont want to pay for a year of gym) and my back is very weak.
>>
Lads last week I got 5x8 chin-ups (with 11kg added)
I've done chin-ups twice since then and have only been able to do 5x5-6

why ;(
>>
>>34878127

8-9 minute mile is above a 6mph pace. It's a decent jog. Fatties couldn't do more than 1 mile at that pace, but runners maintain that for 5+ miles.
>>
>>34878026
what, you're doing ICF and you're not tired af?
are you adding you weights correctly?
>>
>>34877430
Thanks, pham. I will pay attention next time.
>>
File: 20151110_1612d33.jpg (99 KB, 555x652) Image search: [Google]
20151110_1612d33.jpg
99 KB, 555x652
>>34878129
I don't think it's hyperlordosis, an image might help.
>>
Should my bent over barbell rows hit the ground so they rest or should i hold them above ground?
>>
>>34878182
No, I don't find it that tiring. I'm always adding weight, though I have deloaded a few times.
>>
>>34878220
well, there's coolcicada ppl, really good program, it's six days a week though. 5 times a week, you either adapt some ppl or upper/lower; or could also do some brosplit. it'll be difficult to another kind of program since 5 is a prime number that cannot be doubled within a week.
>>
>>34878155
I'd do an Upper/lower or a Push/pull 2-split followed by a rest day and then repeat. That's around 5 days a week.
You probably already have a pretty good idea what kind of exercises you like doing and roughly how much work you can succesfully manage on a single day.

If you want more specific recommendations, you'll need to supply more information, such as your goals, equipment available, injuries, preferences, strong/weak points etc.

>>34878171
Absolutely. Unless you're extremely fat.

>>34878207
Impossible to tell from that picture. Has to be straight from the side.
But it could be hyperlordosis actually.

>>34878210
Both ways work.
Generally letting the barbell rest briefly on the ground makes it possible to handle heavier weights for fewer reps and as such it's good for maximal strength training.
Using continuous tension is claimed to be beneficial for muscle growth becaues the muscle isn't allowed to relax.

So as a guideline if you want to do sets of 5-6 or even heavier, do them with stops on the floor. If you want to go for more reps, do them in a continuous fashion. Although it's not something that going to make or break anything.
>>
>>34874719
Have you tried doing chinups instead of pullups? Because i can definately see pull ups being harder than chinups to dish out after PC's.
>>
>>34875878
Not that anon, and I have nothing against you dating a girl with a kid, but you know the actual definition of a kekold is an organism that raises another organism's child?
>>
Lads last week I got 5x8 chin-ups (with 11kg added)
I've done chin-ups twice since then and have only been able to do 5x5-6

why ;(
>>
>start transformation from /fat/ to /fit/ 7 months ago
>cut down from 230 to 170 lbs
>from 42 inch to 34 inch waist
>down to 1200 calories a day
>work out three times a week without fail
>don't have a car yet so walk an average 2 miles every day
>thinnest I have been literally since before puberty
>healthiest and most alive I have ever felt
>no motivation issues, not on board the yoyo express, no concern about being able to maintain once I reach my goals
>recently switched from calisthenics to proper weight training
>suddenly weight is stuck at 170 and waist is no longer shrinking
>still have a muffin top
What the fucking hell is going on? I'm consuming borderline too few calories, I'm getting in my cardio, I'm still getting stronger every training day, and perhaps most perplexing people are still commenting on my visible progress as I continue to look a little better with each passing week, but my weight isn't dropping and my waist isn't thinning. Been stuck like this for about four weeks now.
>>
>>34877997
Long enough so that you can at least dish out the first couple of reps with good form. Doing dips to failure does sound pretty risky tho.
>>
>>34878398
Do beginner gains trump the law of conservation of energy? Is my fat being literally transformed into muscle instead of burning off? My fucking MIND, you guys
>>
File: 1435637583325.gif (4 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1435637583325.gif
4 MB, 320x200
For deadlifts, the barbell is suppose to move in a straight path. Would using a broom stick as a barbell and a door frame help with deadlift form? Also, are your knees suppose to move outwards to make room for the bar? I was really angry last night and it was deadlift day and I couldn't form for the life of me. Fuck.
>>
What is the max I can reach without using any protein powder and things like that?
And natty, of course. I'm 6 feet, 22 yo
>>
File: dddd.jpg (131 KB, 562x1000) Image search: [Google]
dddd.jpg
131 KB, 562x1000
>>34878284
I don't think I can do more than this. Does it look any better?
>>
File: image.jpg (356 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356 KB, 2048x1536
>>34878474
The deadlift bar is not suppose to be kept in a straight line, you pull it back up your shins and thighs.

Pic related may be useful to you
Will post more soon
>>
File: image.jpg (310 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310 KB, 2048x1536
>>34878508
I will point out I don't know how much I agree with pulling your back together.
I wouldn't recommend it, however I don't truly understand what Jim wendler means.
>>
File: armadillo hug.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
armadillo hug.gif
1 MB, 300x169
>>34878508
Much appreciated.
>>
>>34878489
Protein powder is just a more convenient way to ingest protein. It's not even a drug. It's a food. And a surprisingly cost-efficient one at that.

As for your actual question, max what? Whatever it is, the answer is probably 'more than you think'. Just eat right and lift heavy with good form and let nature take care of the rest, dawg. Don't sweat it.
>>
>>34878556
Thanks, mate! This board is great
>>
>>34878619
>>34878489
Why don't you want to drink protein powder?
>>
File: 1447199123123.png (659 KB, 645x625) Image search: [Google]
1447199123123.png
659 KB, 645x625
My joints have been cracking and making a cracking sound ever since I started going to the gym, which was ~3 months ago. Is this normal? Or is my form bad?
I googled it and it was harmless apparently, but I'd still rather not have cracking joints.

Can I fix this?

Brahs pls help
>>
>>34878639
>Is this normal? Or is my form bad?
could be any
I went to a joint doctor after my knees started doing more and more noise and he said my knees were ok
I Still stopped squats as the noise was getting bigger and bigger
>>
>>34878663
Fuck.
Thanks anon
>>
>>34878277
I've been thinking about a PPL but yeah it's a bit awkward 5 days a week. Might have to cut it down to 4 days and do a split or increase it to 6 days and do a PPL.

Thanks for the recommendations.

>>34878284
I'm really just looking to get as big as I can right now. The gym I go to is well-equipped so that's not an issue. I have no previous injuries. As for preferences and weak points, I'd like to build up my chest/shoulders area more. My back and legs are solid (legs especially) but my chest is lagging.

Would a 5 day split or a 4/6 day PPL be more beneficial in your opinion?
>>
>>34878631
It was just to know what I could gain going completely "natural" (= eating normal food).
I just started going to the gym, I don't know much yet
>>
>>34878639
As someone whose joints sound like rice crispies shrouded in bubble wrap being jumped on by a fat chick every time I go to train, I don't have any advice for you on how to get rid of the noise, but I can attest that it is more likely harmless than not.

I'm fairly sedentary when not training, so my best guess is it's likely just my body shaking off proverbial rust and getting ready to move again. I've learned to enjoy it.
>>
File: 819ergw69ol._sl1500_.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
819ergw69ol._sl1500_.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>>34878639
My knees crack. My one knee clicks going up stairs now. Never hurts. I asked my chiro about it and he said it'll be fine but let him know if it hurts. I started taking pic attached and seems alright. I also widened my stance (more V like) with squats and that helped.
>>
What's the focus when looking for self-defence classes?

I'm looking at starting this raw combat thing but every time you ground someone it seems that you sorta... curb stomp them.
>>
>>34878725
I tried taking glucosamine and it didn't changed anything
btw shoould I mention that I started having pain in knees when trekking which I never add before the noises
I'm>>34878663
>>
>>34878398
>>34878458
Please respond.
>>
>>34878743

I learned to just fight dirty. Kick someone's knee in, gouge their eyes, bite their shit up.

Also BJJ and Judo are god-tier. Learn to manhandle motherfuckers.
>>
>>34875829
Bump for interest. I sometimes get a sharp pain in what must be a tendon in the sole of my foot. First few times I thought I trod on a pin.
>>
>>34878768
you've modified your tdee and didn't recalculated it
>>
I've been fuckingarounditis for a while, and planning on going back to doing squats and deads, from experiencing some back pain a month ago..

Deads - 265 x 3 (before injury)
Squat - 250 x 5 (before injury)
Bench - 135 x 5

5'9" 160 lbs 15-18% bf. My question is, do I go back to a beginners program to squeeze out dem noobie gains, and should I start back from 1 plate in deads and squats? Thanks in advance bros
>>
>>34878743
>every time you ground someone it seems that you sorta... curb stomp them.
it is the most effective and risk free way to shut someone down on the ground.

why do you want to do self defense?
>>
>>34878821
use weight light enough to have good form and go for it
remmeber the form is the first thing you lose when not training
I'd advise use ultra light weight to relearn the form
>>
DEADLIFTS and LAT ACTIVATION/ENGAGEMENT:

sup guys, I'm having a difficult time activating and engaging lats before performing the deadlift. I watched Alan Thrall's romanian deadlift video and his idea of engaging the lat is to pull the bar towards you using the lats as you lift.

I've been practicing this movement with an empty bar and it almost feels like my shoulder blades/lats are pinching together AND I feel my chest being activated more. Are these normal? I just don't want to end up pinching my scapula together like I would during the bench press.
>>
Now I weigh 282.4
>>
>>34878745
Sorry mate. So you've gone trekking since working out and your knees hurt? Have someone at the gym check your form. Go a bit lighter on the weight until you know for sure your form is down solid.
>>
File: 1425941262067.png (35 KB, 683x254) Image search: [Google]
1425941262067.png
35 KB, 683x254
What supplements should I take as a natty lifter
>>
>>34878815
Literally 1200 calories a day, though, man. I'm recalculating it with every different calculator I can find and they're all telling me I should be losing two pounds a week.
>>
I injured my left shoulder while stretching, doing a rear hand clasp, around 4 days ago by accidentally jerking slightly.

I'm on SS (just a few weeks in) and now most all the lifts are painful/impossible to do at workset weight.

How do I proceed? I want my shoulder to heal but I don't want to lose my noob strength gains.
>>
>>34878832

It's just something that I've always wanted to add to my routine, really.
>>
Fatty here
I store much of my fat in my stomach, nearly all it seems

Would I need to go much lower than others in terms of bf% to get a flat stomach, or should it shed off there first?
>>
>>34878998

The belly is the last to go for everyone I'm afraid
>>
>>34875966
Use mostly grass and electric types and make sure you've stocked up on burn heals.
>>
>>34878964
if its more as a fun thing / sport that is supposed to help you in case some drunk tries to punch you, go for boxing/ kickboxing/ mma. important for the self defense part is that you do sparring sometimes. get used to getting punched a little.

if the focus is on self defense, go for krav maga (try to find a decent instructor) and try to get as much kickboxing/mma sparring under your belt as possible.
>>
>>34878933

Would you rather lose some gains for a week or a month? If its that bad you risk making it much, much worse.
>>
For next 6 weeks I won't be able to train at all, if even once per week due to uni work. Hardly have time to eat, too. How do I stop myself losing all my gains?
>>
>>34875968
This is the third fucking time you asked this question.
>>
>>34879068
schedule your shit better.
>>
>>34878725
Thanks, man. I'll try the V-shaped squats.

>>34878713
I cringe whenever I hear the sound, it makes me really uncomfortable. Don't think I could ever learn to enjoy it.
>>
>>34879082
I have scheduled as best I can, I'm placed in a school that requires me to be there from 7:30am - 6:30pm, and then I have to make detailed evaluations of everything that happened during the day and make detailed plans for the next days lessons. As well as writing a dissertation. Are there any supplements that stop atrophy?
>>
>>34879127
I dont know but maybe dont be a fucking criminal or somethign in your next life lmao
>>
>>34879012
Fuck
It's so concentrated there, I feel like I'll need to get down to ~14% just to not have a gut
Hopefully I don't look too skeleton when I do
>>
>>34879155
What do you mean? I'm training to be a school teacher, numb nuts
>>
>>34879097
Talk to somebody who might know something about it - doctor? Chiropractor? The fuck I know - and see if they have anything to say about getting rid of it. If they don't, you're gonna have to at least try to let go of that cringe. It's part of who you are. Own it.
>>
>>34876214
Because you just said you were six inches tall.
>>
>>34877045
>what is bulimia

This is a slippery slope to go down, anon.
>>
Is there a required or recommended amount of fat you need to eat per pound of bodyweight like there is with protein? How much g/lbs of fat should one eat when doing a slow (200 kcal) bulk?
>>
>>34879276
He was talking about his dick
>>
File: 2131231212.png (3 KB, 184x172) Image search: [Google]
2131231212.png
3 KB, 184x172
SS, SL or ICF?
>>
>>34879417
There was a big thread about this recently that turned into a shitfest. SS is what the sticky recommends and if you plan on staying in this community its probably the one we are most knowledgeable on as many of us have done it in the past. SS and SL are very similar and ultimately its down to personal preference, there would be no issue with switching if you became unhappy with the program as the lifts are fairly similar apart from rows instead of cleans. If you're worried about becoming wrecked by volume in SL I'd go for SS.
>>
>>34879417
SL is created by some random belgian muslim who barely lifts and has no idea what he's doing
ICF is created by some bald dude who has been lifting for years and looks like shit
Both of these programs are SS templates with bunch of random shit thrown together and two unnecessary sets
SS, on the other hand, was created by powerlifter who has years of experience in coaching and actually covers almost everything in his books/videos. SS was created to be most efficient program for novices
>>
>>34879691
>>34879678
Sweet, thanks guys. I'm a bit scared of power cleans, but I'll try it.
>>
I stopped going to the gym and has lost a lot of mass and strength. Any tips to get me back on track?
>>
>>34879417
do phraks greyskull LP, serious
>inb4 b2leddit
>>
>>34879748
It's pretty good?
>>
>>34879728
Don't be afraid. If you never do them, you'll never learn them.
You won't probably clean with weights that could potentially cause any orthopedic damage. And the movement itself isn't that complex when you get into it.
Well, the only bad thing is you can black out if you slam the bar into your neck (this shit really happens). But nevertheless it's really worth it.
>>
>>34878925
whey brotein

maybe creatine, depending on what you regard as natty...
>>
>>34879794
Are fish oils or multivitamins worth buying?
>>
File: JxY8WSh.jpg (74 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
JxY8WSh.jpg
74 KB, 600x800
>>34879417
SS aims at strength, solely; ICF is similar to SS, added accessory work for hypertrophy. SL is a rip off of SS, but it has that nice app to help lazy anons keepin the score.

highly recommended reads:

> SS:
Starting Strength is NOT a Powerlifting Program! - http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/starting-strength/

> ICF:
It’s A Bodybuilding Program: Jason Blaha’s 5×5 Review - http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/jason-blaha-5x5-novice-routine/

> SL:
Simply Sub-Optimal: Don’t Do StrongLifts 5×5 for Powerlifting - http://www.powerliftingtowin.com/stronglifts-5x5/

>>34879691
>disregarding ICF based Blaha looks
>>
>>34879728
Read the book and if the explanations in the book don't help, look at the videos on the site. They really helped me and power cleans are the most fun lifts in the program in my opinion.
>>
>>34879417
>>34879748

Not a bad idea, at all:
>
GreySkull LP Isn’t Good, It’s Great
www.powerliftingtowin.com/greyskull-LP
>>
>>34879846
fish oils, absolutely; multivitamins, check your micronutrients first, but probably a good idea still.
>>
>>34879855
>>34879852
>>34879865
>>34879779
Greyskull LP does seem like a good program. I'll take all of this into consideration! I appreciate the help, thanks again guys.
>>
>>34879852
>>disregarding ICF based Blaha looks
a person who has no first hand experience in what he's asserting and with no evidence to back up his practical experience is not to be taken seriously
>>
>>34878181
I do 3 miles in 31 minutes. Is that normal or am I still fatty level? Was I obese level before? I'm not even that fat...
>>
How do i not premature ejaculation /fit/?
>>
I'm moving into a house with my brother, we have a garage and I'm looking into a home gym.

He's paying for it and I said we should just get a bench with dumbbells and perhaps a pullup bar but he's adamant about getting a home-gym

Are there any recommendations for good ones?
>>
Will DB rows hit my upper traps enough? I hate shrugs and keep putting them off
>>
>>34880096
>>34880096
>I hate shrugs and keep putting them off
They are so easy though, I honestly can't think of an easier exercise to do.
Just man up, they hit the traps really well
>>
>>34879068
>>34879068

Bumping my question cause I haven't got an answer and I'm freaking out, I don't want to go back to hungry skelly ;_;
>>
>>34879068
>>34880364

>due to uni work
nigga just what kind of work do you have to do? I'm in uni too and I literally have too much time in my hands

anyways, lots of protein and lots of calories is the key. also, some bodyweight exercises here and there
>>
Time for some stupid questions from a
hypersensitive faggot

>start working out and eating right
>cardio one day lift second day
>watching tv
>twist my neck to look at something in the window
>i feel a snap in the side of my neck, like i just tore a muscle
>this happens almost everyday

Also my skin is fucked up and lumpy on my knuckles and on the base of my fingers, looks like an injury both i have no idea from what
>>
I have recently started to do Stronglifts 5x5 and I am the Almighty Skeleton Emperor at 51kg/113 lb 1'73/5'8 (I was 46kg/102lb same height) and the problem is that in my gym there arent 1.25kg plates, in every workout I am supposed to add 2.5kg (1.25 x2) so what I am doing is sets of the previous weight and then I add 2.5x2 plates which makes it 5kg and I am struggling while doing so, I've also looked for plates but I've only found for small barbells, what should I do?
>>
>>34880092
BAMP
>>
>>34880725
shit I copied it wrong, I am doing 2 sets of the previous weight and then 3 adding 5k (2.5x2)
>>
Is there a training plan for swimming like there is for running? Something with minutes, rest periods, etcetera?
>>
>>34880725
is the gym shit? ask a PT or someone about it
>>
>>34881050
Well yeah it's kinda shitty, there is only 1 power cage but since I've only seen other person apart from me using it it's fine and I've already asked and they just told me they dont have plates that small
>>
>>34881074
Well what more can you do then? Buy some cheap used plates and bring them to the gym. If olympic bars the fit is universal
>>
What is a good way to stretch my shoulder?
>>
>>34881115
I've been looking but havent found them, I guess I'll keep searching
>>
>>34875103
you could drop the rep range from 5 to 3, and increase the weight.

then work on increasing volume with that weight until you get to 5 reps with it.

keep repeating that way.

slower progress, but it helped me through my stalls
>>
>>34880396
Teaching studies, see >>34879127
>>
Has anyone got any experience with correcting flared ribs? any tips or exercises?
>>
My oven is broken. How do I cook boneless chicken breast on a stove?
>>
is cutting a meme

should i just permabulk and get stronk
>>
>>34881551
in oil?
just fry it man
cut it in places to see if its pink
once it isn't, eat it
>>
>>34875966
Take over the DNP market
>>
>>34881594
Okay, so olive oil in the pan, and then just cut it into small pieces and fry it? If I want to flavor it with a sauce do I put the sauce in the pan when it is near done?
>>
>>34879049
It's not that bad, it only hurts when i try OHP type motions, but (when-tested) I found it does interefere with my upper-body lifts. Is stretching recommendable or should I just leave it alone until it stops hurting?
>>
I am having surgery done for my jaw in December, and after this there are 2 - 3 weeks where I won't be on solid foods for a while, meaning I will probably lose a lot of weight.

I'm now overweight and I have started lifting. What should I do? Should I eat at calorie surplus knowing I will probably lose it after surgery? Or should I eat at calorie deficit to get rid of my beer belly?
>>
Squats for begginers, 5x5 or 12x3?
>>
>>34881653
should be fine
don't be too hesitant with cooking man it's always going to be experimental
just go with your gut
>>
>>34881934
5x5 is all the volume you need
no 12x3
>>
>>34874719
how bad is for it me if i went from 140 friday night to 153 Sunday and down to 143 today.

Ate lot of carbs after Friday night and started cutting them again Monday.
>>
>>34875348
you can do so much more..
>>
I posted this question yesterday but I don't feel like I asked the wrong questions.

I've been doing a 5x5 (A squats, ohp dead B squats bench row) for a while and I have started to stagnate.

I haven't really added any accessories and I feel like I probably should. What would you guys recommend?

Also I think I want to change up my routine what would you guys recommend?
>>
>>34882432
How long do you spend in the gym? Not relevant, but just curious.

You can always isolate on days that you go. For example you can do a shoulder/back day and do shoulder presses, front/lateral raises, rows, lat pulls.

Then do something different for a leg day.
>>
>>34882464
3 days a week, for about two hours each time.
>>
I wanna get /fit/ but I'm broke, I was thinking about buying some free-weights, you know, dumbbells and the like. Is it possible to cover all major muscle groups and get shredded with dumbbells alone?
>>
Heres probably the dumbest question: are the numbers on the weights in pounds or kilograms if you are in the US?
>>
>>34882497
free weights are more expensive than a cheap gym membership

Also no, you will reach your max within weeks of using the dumbbells and then you have wasted your money. Buying second hand barbell with free weights on the other hand will get you a long way, but you will have to spend atleast +100$
>>
>>34882559

I've seen it in either way. The iron plates in most gyms are like 2.5lb, 5lb, 10lb, 25lb, 35lb, and 45lb.

But those crossfit and olympic lifting focused gyms have em in kg.
>>
>>34880021
Stop moving your damn penis when you are about to cum and then start over
>>
>>34880092
Just get a power cage+barbell+free weights, nothing else you need
>>
>>34879417
>SS
If you have someone to teach you the lifts
>SL
If you are a complete beginner if you got no help at all, also move up the weights faster if you want to and dont fucking do DLs 1x5, I do them 5x5 at 120kg justt because I want to grow. Im personally doing SL, it works great for me and strength building. Also I do assistance exercises like calf stuff.
I cant see SS being better but I cant do powercleans
>ICF
no idea what this on is about
>>
Currently doing PHUL on a bulk and want to know what program to do during my cutting season because I heard PHUL is best for bulking

I'm thinking of doing something like 5/3/1
>>
Does donating blood kill gains? How long do I have to wait between donating and lifting again?
>>
How do I spot someone bench press?

Somebody asked me to start working out with him (not yet sure if homo) and he wants me to spot him bench pressing. I don't know if I can since I'm weak af. wat do
>>
>>34882607
thank you, broski
>>
Would it kill me to work rear delts when I do ohp instead of on back day?
>>
Is there a way to fix frayed ribs? I remember seeing some sort of stretch over the head to fix them, but I can't remember. it ruins my look.
>>
Why is protein powder spiked with amino acids bad?
You body breaks down protein into amino acids for use anyways. It's not like you incorporate whey protein into your body enzymatically.
>>
I lift after work, so at like 5pm. However I'm going to lift this Saturday when I'm off, and I was thinking about going early, like 8-9am. Is this lack of rest, since I'm essentially going half a day early, going to fuck me up/be under-rested or not?
>>
I finally recovered from an injury and plan on going back to the gym for the first time in two weeks tomorrow, any tips?
>>
>>34882432
pls help
>>
File: feelies.jpg (80 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
feelies.jpg
80 KB, 600x720
I want to do barbell hip thrusts for dem der glutes.

Do you guys do them in an actual gym? No one off the internet seems to know what they are and it looks like you are just fucking a barbell. How can you do them without people ridiculing you, taking pictures of you, and making you commit suicide?

A-asking for a f-friend
>>
File: You're all diamond-cunts.png (128 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
You're all diamond-cunts.png
128 KB, 1366x768
Is the amount a protein a specific person consumes the same whether cutting or bulking?

For example: 200g of protein on a 2000cal diet and 200g of protein on a 3000cal bulk.

Also, What's the limit for a caloric deficit? Can it be as low as your macros allow? And whats the limit on a caloric surplus?

Thank you.
>>
>>34883265
The aminos that are being added, your body can synthesize on its own. They are available through your own metabolism to excess. They are being added at the expense of amino acids you CAN'T make on your own, so while amino spiking raises the protein content of the powder in a label-sense, it lowers the protein content in a metabolism sense.

It would be basically like adding sugar to whey protein, because those aminos are just going to get broken down to krebs cycle intermediates.
>>
>>34883334
You'll be fine. Get a good night's sleep.

>>34883833
If you're actually recovered, don't bitch out and use "i don't want to get hurt again" as an excuse. Give it 100%, you're already coming off a deload.

You probably didn't lose any strength at all if it was just two weeks.

>>34883922
You've been linearly progressing, and have started to stall in weight increase? Are you eating/sleeping enough? How long have you been on that routine? What are your goals and what are your stats?

>>34884127
I see girls at my gym do them all the time.
>Implying anyone at the gym has any serious interest in anyone besides themselves.

>>34884191
It can be. Sometimes you eat more protein on a bulk just because meat tastes good and its easier to get the calories that way, but the minimums should be the same.

A smart deficit is no more than a pound a week lost; any more and you lose more muscle over the course of the cut. Any more than a pound a week gained and you're probably putting on more fat than you need to unless you're in your first month or two of lifting.
>>
Honestly, as a fatty, how active should I be?

I work out for about two hours (including 3 miles in 30 min) and spend the rest of the day on my ass on the computer. I'm also cutting
>>
I'm wanting to add power cleans and hang high pulls and nit sure where to fit them into my P/P/L/P/P/L/REST

Current pull day:
Deadlift 1x5
Pull ups 3x8/12
Cable rows 3x8/12
Face Pulls 3x15
Curls 3x8/12

Current Leg day:
Squat 3x5
Rdl 3x8/12
Leg Press 3x8/12
GHR 3x8/12
Calf raises x1million

High pulls would obviously go on back day. I've never had experience with power cleans and from what I've read some people feel it in the back and some in the legs mostly. Where should I put cleans to test it out firstly? Should I add it in or replace an exercise?
>>
>>34884127
I've seen them in the gym, but very rarely. Who gives a shit what others think.
>>
Is this a good diet?

Breakfast:
Apple

Snack 1:
Protein Bar
Grapes
Nuts
Ham and Cheese Sandwich

Lunch:
Salad
Chicken/Beef/Fish
Rice/Pasta
Mixed Vegetables

Snack 2:
Banana
Almonds
Yogurt

Dinner:
Chicken
Pasta/Rice
Protein Shake w/ Almond milk
>>
>>34884259
Thanks, that's explains it well. So I should look for powders that are high in essential amino acids when buying it?
>>
>>34884315
My lifts have been stalling

Stats:

OHP: 95 lbs
Bench 175 lbs
squat 245 lbs
DL: 120kg
row: 70kg

I want to get strong, that's my goal
>>
File: Snapchat-31584082.jpg (720 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-31584082.jpg
720 KB, 1440x2560
Do trunk twists help build a thicker core.
>>
I'm a DYEL manlet who's about to start creatine ~3 months into lifting, what should I expect and is there anything I should avoid? Should I increase the weight I'm lifting immediately or is creatine before workouts just a meme?

Also, I'm ~20% bf right now @ 66kg (145 lbs), how much fatter will I look?
>>
are there any protein shaker bottles that have an upper cap that also twists, or at least doesn't require ridiculous amounts of pressure to open & close? i need extra protein due to pretty bad malnutrition and while i could twist off the whole cap each time, it'd be nice to just buy a bottle i can easily open in all sections.
>>
>>34884412
pls es important
>>
>>34884736
get a salad mixer cup
>>
>>34884419

Bumping
>>
>>34881259

Is this effective?
So basically just do
5x3 195lbs?
And work my way up with volume?
>>
>>34875575
Milk is for babies. Men drink beer
>>
>>34884412
As active as you possibly can be, what the hell kind of question is that?

>>34884419
P/P/L is a bodybuilding routine and those are not bodybuilding movements, which is why you're having trouble. If you just want to grow your traps, do shrugs, but hold them at the top. Five sets of 30 seconds, bonus grip strength. You can do those every day desu.

If you want to clean/clean pull find an oly routine and an oly coach, but if you're going to do them anyway, put them on back day. Your technique is going to be limiting the weight you use on them severely, and you wont be getting far enough under the bar that you're using much of your legs anyway.

>>34884542
a good diet for what? Bulking? cutting? being a faggot? What are the serving sizes? how big are you?

>>34884588
or in "complete proteins" - whey is just fine, so long as what you're getting is actually whey and not half whey half glutamine/taurine.

>>34884592
You still didn't mention routine, but those are where a lot of people start to stall.

1. eat more
2. consider an intermediate routine, like texas method. Read the ebooks (you can find them in PLG's OP IIRC) and stick to the program.
3. Remember that just because a lift feels heavy as fuck doesn't mean you cant lift it. I squat 4005 for a triple and my warmup sets at 225 still feel "heavy" - but I plateau'd at 225 for 6 months back in the day because I was waiting for it to feel easier. Keep pushing yourself and you'll continue to surprise yourself.
>>
>>34885244
First asker here. Is that enough? I guess what I'm asking is what /fit/ does when you're not at the gym. Do you play soccer or some shit and try to get more exercise or is the gym it?
>>
what does 1/2/3/4 mean

i know it refers to compound lift ratios of bodyweight, but it seems pretty extreme if its ohp/bp/sq/dl.
>>
>>34884633
not effectively. Do your compounds first. Add an ab roller or a routine like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RiYKoc3FHc if you arent getting the results you want.

>>34884696
Creatine takes time (take it every day for a week) to build up in your muscles, so taking it before a workout doesn't really do anything special.

What creatine does is provide an additional source of energy for muscular contractions (creatine phosphate) after ATP has been used up - so you should be getting 4 or 5 reps with your previous 3rm, but it shouldn't have much effect on your 1rm. Also by virtue of having more stuff inside your muscle (the creatine) it will pull more water in there, so you may get a bit of a bloat, I get ~5 lbs and I weigh 205 atm. It probably wont be noticeable at your current BF. Make sure to drink plenty of water.

>>34884736
IDK get one of those shakers they mix drinks in at bars? the double cups that you stack on top of each other?

>>34885139
Its one way to do it. Also consider an intermediate routine like texas method, with a volume and intensity day. Best bench assistances for most people are some combination of close grip bench, weighted dips, and pause bench in my experience, depending on where you are personally weak, but I would save those for when you are a more advanced lifter.
>>
>>34885268
Personally I play rugby on a real team, and pickup basketball occasionally, but I do that for the same reason I play guitar and video games; it's fun.

Being "active" is something you should look forward to, and having activity in your day should improve your quality of life, not be something you have to force yourself into.

>>34885273
it's a 1pl8 ohp 2pl8 bench 3 pl8 squat 4 pl8 dl, has nothing to do with BW.
>>
I can't even go parallel when squatting since I am too immobile. Should I start training anyways or do flexibility exercises for some time first?
>>
>>34885357
oh that makes much much more sense, thanks senpai
>>
>>34881614
underrated
>>
>>34885268
I just sit around all day. But I do cardio and weightlifting 3 times a week each (so 6 times in total) to compensate for that. If you're a fatty you need to worry more about eating healthy.
>>
>>34885363
pls respond
>>
>>34885363
Do Goblet squats every day. There is no better way of preparing you to squat, and it has the added benefit of actually building some size and strength as well, as opposed to just stretching stuff.
>>
>>34885609
Yes but should I start going to the gym already and attempt to do a proper squat (i.e. train the squat) with improper form until I get it right, or is that too dangerous in terms of learning the wrong technique and hurting myself?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.