[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What goes into being able to do this? This right here is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 313x470
What goes into being able to do this? This right here is the goal. Not the body, the ability. All I want to do is use my core strength to go from a kneeling position to a full handstand and then do a push-up.
Where do you start? Does this ability come naturally after a lot of strength training? If anyone can do this can you tell me what goes into training to do this kind of thing?
>>
A ton of core stability work and balance. This sort of shit is actually hard to do with a lot of bulk. You need to be lean as fuck. I was once 6ft 220 and massive but i dropped to 190 with hella martial arts and yoga/pilates and this sort of shit is my next plan
>>
Holding a clean handstand for an extended period is obviously required.

.9 x bodyweight OHP is required, although you don't necessarily have to train this.

Basic tuck planche is required.
I started out with a great foundation of bodyweight strength and could do it within a week where I did 5 minutes of hand balancing a day after lifting.

Just practice different advanced yoga movements and watch Ido Portal videos. Emulate what you can and the rest will fall into place.
>>
former turner here.

if you want to do handstand presses, without any help and maintain a proper straight form, start EASY.

the FORM is the most important here, form and controle. NOT strenght.

So try handstands against a wall, and practice untill you are familiar with the pose (maybe record yourself to see how straight (or not) your back is) THen increase time, make your body comfortable upside down. Then try handstands without a wall, try to JUST STAY UP. meaning you can move about, move your hands, 'walk on your hands alone' although its not walking, its just trying to not fall over.

the pushup is easy to do when you can master the handstand, if you dont have enough strenght, practice against the wall again.

succes loser.
>>
>>>/asp/756838
>>
handstand itself is all about balance and posture during the handstand. You need to be flexible and mobile to do it properly

the handstand pushup is a mix of balance and strength. If you do it on the floor you obviously cant go past your head so you need less strength

You need a ohp close to your bodyweight for the pushup variation
>>
>>34874475
Everything else is true, but i can only OHP 1 plate for a few reps and i weigh 81kg. Still i can very easily go into a handstand from lying flat in the floor first.
>>
>>34874456
>>34874456

Why the fuck are bodyweight people on /asp/ and not on /fit/?
>>
>>34874670
because most of us here became cunts probably
>>
>>34874620
post vid
>>
File: eastern philosphy weirdo.png (54 KB, 175x155) Image search: [Google]
eastern philosphy weirdo.png
54 KB, 175x155
>>34873239
is it possible to be into this without being some eastern philosophy weirdo? do is help to be one? does it turn you into one?
>>
File: bodyweight_exercises.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight_exercises.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
>>34872960
There you have the progress until wall handstand pushups. Next progress is without the wall.
>>
just tried this, couldn't get off my head upside down (against wall). now my eyes are red and my head hurts. 0/10 not trying again
>>
>>34873239
>.9 x bodyweight OHP is required, although you don't necessarily have to train this.
>Basic tuck planche is required.

>>34874475
>You need a ohp close to your bodyweight for the pushup variation

absolutely not

>>34874620
this

>>34874860
try negatives, or with decreased incline
you need to get used to the inverted position
>>
>>34872960
Don't do legs. Most gymnasts have shitty legs

Higher upper body muscle develop to total body weight ratio that way
>>
>>34874929
legs have nothing to do since there is no lever
>>
>>34873207
>6ft 190lbs lean
hnnng
>>
>>34874948
They're additional weight, genius
>>
>>34875342
I could have no legs and still be 100kg m8
>>
>>34875342
Embrace the challenge faggot
>>
File: 1447159560470.gif (1 MB, 318x223) Image search: [Google]
1447159560470.gif
1 MB, 318x223
>>34874670
they were here long time ago, but autist powerlifters bullied them evertime with stupid shitposting so they moved eventually
>>
>>34875352
But if you had a fixed body fat, and could choose between balanced upper/lower muscle distribution, or a top-heavy one, you would have an easier time with gymnast stuffs with the top heavy.
>>
>>34875582
Damn shit posters
>>
>>34874778
It comes with the territory. It makes you very pretentious IRL too.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.