[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Eating lunch with friends >Dad calls me >Asks me if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1423147580374.jpg (324 KB, 1024x821) Image search: [Google]
1423147580374.jpg
324 KB, 1024x821
>Eating lunch with friends
>Dad calls me
>Asks me if I have any plans for august next year
>Say that I don't
>He tells me about a swim-run race that he wants to sign up to
>However, you have to be signed up in teams of two
>Total amount of running is 20km
>Swimming is 4km, however the max distance you swim at one time is 400m

>Asks if I want to join
>"If you don't want to that's totally fine I got more people who'd want to run with me"
>I've had exertion asthma all my life, but have managed to run shorter distances (~5-6km) frequently as of late

>mfw I'm taking this as a challenge
>Want to say fuck yes, of course I'll be there
>There's a doubt in my mind that tells me I won't be able to get my shit together and reach the milestones (10km, 20km, running without headphones) until then
>Don't want to disappoint my dad
>He was so excited about me starting to get fit

What do. I got nine months.
>>
>>34865538
Do it and don't regret it. You have nine months to get in shape. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that you have with your father. A chance to bond and for him to see you as a man.
>>
>>34865585
this tbqh
>>
>>34865538
How did you deal with exertion/excersise induced asthma? I've started to run and can only manage ~30 of jogging at a time before i have to stop or suffocate. I've noticed that the more often I go for these jogs, the more often I recover and get another 30 secs in.
I've also noticed that if I pace my breathing I can go for slightly longer and it hurts less after stopping.
>>
>>34865686
1. Medication, got inhalers I take both daily and when needed (usually take a dose of these right before i go out running)
2. Run slower than you *really* can, with exertion asthma warm up is key
3. Control your breathing

These are the things I do
>>
>>34865744
I used to have med/puffers and use them regularly when I was younger but the reliver rarely made a difference when I used it.
I don't use them any more mainly because I reduced my physical work load when I went to uni and that my old GP who I got the scripts off for the inhalers left town.

Do you think I could slowly build up distance and reduce the time it takes for me to conk out without the preventer and reliver, or would you still reccomend using them. I'd prefer not to become reliable on the use of meds.
>>
>>34865842
I would use the preventer at least in the beginning and when it's cold out (cold weather is a bitch for the lungs)

Also to build up distance and reduce time, try the c25k program. Helped me getting started with running
>>
>>34865538
Ring your dad right now, tell him you want to talk about the swim run race say you have been thinking about your limits and what you truly hope to achieve despite them, then say "shoo shoo gains goblin" and hang up.

>cardio kills gains
>>
>>34865538
Fucking do it.
>>
>>34865538
Do it, 9 month to get in shape is fine.
>>
look into advair OP shit seriously changed my life. Specially f you have exercise induced asthma like I do.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.