[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Starvation" diets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: Naked&Afraid.jpg (60 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
Naked&Afraid.jpg
60 KB, 650x366
anyone have any experience, stories, links, or results of themselves or anyone else fitness minded who went on a "starvation" diet (eating very little to no calories)?

ive been curious about this for some time. ive already abandoned the "starvation mode" meme, knowing its highly exaggerated bullshit. But after watching Naked and Afraid on Discovery, ive seen several people who seemed to retain their muslce mass just fine despite extreme caloric deficits.

wouldnt it be safe to say that a bodybuilder could lose 20lbs much faster by going very low cal for a shorter period of time, while still retaining a good amount of muscle mass? maybe for a permabulker who is looking to transform?
>>
exhausting as fuck
cardio becomes impossible
strength drops

like a car without gas
joints start to hurt
tendons too

would not/10
>>
You would burn tons of muscle. Only an idiot would do it.
>>
File: 1445767702529.jpg (151 KB, 800x730) Image search: [Google]
1445767702529.jpg
151 KB, 800x730
>>34864979
i should probably add im currently on my 6th week of Test E
>>
>>34864991
prove it

what if im eating 1k or less of cals but majority is protein?
>>
>>34865016
I don't need to prove anything. You do your muscle burn diet if you want.
>>
File: röökijäbä nauraa.jpg (154 KB, 509x334) Image search: [Google]
röökijäbä nauraa.jpg
154 KB, 509x334
Why the fuck would do the auswitch diet?
>>
>>34865062
>i dont have to prove anything

you dont understand how arguments work. sit down, kiddo.
>>
>>34865073
because abs
>>
>>34865118
>Arguments
>4chan
It's better to try to get an argument with a retarded kid, you have more chance of success.
>>
>>34865242
so i should go to reddit, is what youre saying?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>34865192
So you wanna be skeleton mode?
>>
>>34865304
well i lift heavy and dont have typhus, so....
>>
>>34865062
not a starvation diet, but i did, and have been doing a cut at 800 calorie deficit with no muscle loss, actually have gained muscle and added around 20lbs to all my major lifts in around 2 months + lost around 7lbs
>>
>fasting three days a week, rest of the days eat 1400kcal
>mix that with lifting heavy three times a week and running 20km.

I'm dying, and I think I have an eating disorder. But hey! abs!
>>
I did it. Went from land whale mode to skeleton mode in five months, lost 50kg, started at 144kg. Bariatric surgery patients can do it, so can you. Started training to rebuild muscle I lost, got into the habit of doing it six days a week.

>inb4 you're a dumb ass

I do not recommend giving yourself an eating disorder to cure an eating disorder. OP asked 's question, this is my answer to it. Total I went 350lbs to 200 for a loss of 40% bodyweight. You can die from this.
>>
>>34865572
>96kg
>skeleton
americans
>>
>>34865502
Awesome to hear, man. 800 cals seems to be the magic number from other people doing this sort of diet. Any progress pics you could share?
>>
>>34865572
That sounds intense, man. Congrats in the will to stick through it. Im really only looking to drop maybe 20lbs, but i want it gone quicker than the 500kcal deficit would provide.
>>
>>34864951
I'm guessing since you're interested in this that you're a disgusting fat piece of crap, so this may be of limited relevance to you, but I can tell you from personal experience that the leaner you get, the the smaller caloric deficit you must run or you WILL lose lean tissue.
If you're sitting at 16-20% bodyfat it's nothing to worry about, but around 10% it gets difficult.

But you're probably closer to 40% so do whatever the fuck you want, just know that weight lost quickly and through unsustainable methods is weight regained quickly.
>>
>>34865662
Oh shit son, sorry. I thought you meant like fat camp level weight loss. Haha 20 pounds should go away pretty handily on the elliptical. If you've never used an adaptive motion cardio machine that shit's the bomb diggity. You jump on and put on tunes and just zone out, wake up 45 minutes later with a 500kcal deficit. My gym has the Precor ones. If I ever had five grand to blow, that's the first thing I would buy. I could do it all goddam day and night.
>>
File: comp.png (37 KB, 233x100) Image search: [Google]
comp.png
37 KB, 233x100
>>34865767
ellipticals are shit
>>
If you really want to lost weight and you are a fatass doing Keto is "safer". If you want abs and are in the 10% bodyfat range better do DNP to this.
>>
File: DSC_0032.jpg (98 KB, 768x1028) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0032.jpg
98 KB, 768x1028
>>34865823
>If you want abs and are in the 10% bodyfat range better do DNP to this.
if you're really 10% you already have abs
pic related,8% bf right here
>>
>>34865782
Not really. I can't really run given a car accident some years back, but the elliptical gives me a chance to get a hella good workout with high resistance with no impact. That, and the bike at a higher resistance.
>>
>>34865849

What is it with certain people that look weak as fuck? That dude is really muscular but it looks like someone who doesn't even exercise could snap him in two.
>>
>>34865698
Im between 15-20% currently. Can see top 4 abs under good lighting, but i get puffy easily and carry majority of my fat in lower abs, waist, and chest.
>>
>>34864951
skinnyfat here who tried a starvation diet:

- lost all my strength
- kept my man boobs and my gut

basically I lost muscle and fat in equal proportion
>>
People will probably argue, Idk and Idc.

I dropped from 181 to 161 on a quick cut over a period of 5 weeks.

I was eating around 550-650 calories a day, drinking about 120oz of water a day, or more.

I was running generally 2 miles every morning along with calisthenic exercises, and (1 hour total), and running 3.5 miles in the evening with weight training. My sleep was generally at 6 hours a night.

I maintained a (calorie:gram of protein) ratio of 10/1 or better on everything I ate. Mostly low calorie protein bars twice a day and a healthy meal for dinner. I took extensive vitamins, CLA, and a thermogenic once a day, along with Waterex.

I had a full-blown cheat day once a week.

My overall numbers suffered, but honestly not by much. Deadlift dropped from 455 down to 315x5, but I haven't checked 1RM.
Bench dropped from 315 to 225x5. And OHP dropped from 185 to 135x5.

My 1 mile run time stayed the same (or got slightly better) at a 6 minute mile & a 13 minute 2 mile.

I feel completely healthy and my chest, arms, traps, and back stayed generally the same size. My quads got smaller, but not to a point that anyone else could notice.

Overall, I'm completely happy. Super quick cut over what would normally take me 2+months to accomplish.
>>
File: BLEURGH.jpg (41 KB, 600x724) Image search: [Google]
BLEURGH.jpg
41 KB, 600x724
>>34865782
That's an awesome opinion. Congratulations.
>>
>>34866385
Also, I'm a 5'7 Manlet, 28yrs old.
>>
>>34866385
>My overall numbers suffered, but honestly not by much.

yeah... about that
>>
>hey guys! what will my body look like if I starve myself?
>will this reduce body fat?

You'll look like a skeleton covered in fatty deposits. Stop being a lazy fuck and burn some calories.
>>
>>34865002
Who is this?
>>
>>34866571
Those x5's aren't really strained. I'm just out of my element. I'm by myself at a school for 12 weeks, I don't have a spotter. I feel like I could get close to my old numbers, but I don't have a spotter. I'm working out alone.
>>
Ran a 1000 calorie deficit and gradually changed it to -1200 cal over the course of 3 weeks

What happened?

>strength went down
>relative strength went up slightly
>lost a good amount of fat
>lost some muscle (presumably less than fat)
>67->60kg in 3 weeks (5ft7 manlet)

Why?
>eating disorder relapse
>I liked seeing the scale drop 1kg every couple of days
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.