[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, I had "labrum repair" surgery on september
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: shuld.jpg (41 KB, 550x365) Image search: [Google]
shuld.jpg
41 KB, 550x365
Hey guys, I had "labrum repair" surgery on september 17th. They went in and found out it wasnt torn it was just something that looked like a tear. They cleaned out some heavy bursa and lots of tissue and shit and he said id be good to go in 1 month. It is not November and my shoulder still hurts, worse than before i had surgery forsure. Therapist told me I have bad inpingement I guess and thats why I am hurting. Do you think this is the case? I am desparately trying to get better but it just isnt. Plus I am waiting on another referral to start therapy again, Please help me /fit/
>>
Why the fuck did you have to repair your labia? Faggot
>>
>>34864906
>Do you think this is the case?
Pretty much impossible to say when you've revealed NOTHING about your situation. "It hurts" isn't much to go from.
>>
>try to fix a tear that isnt even a tear
>no physio picked up on this before
>they did surgery anyway
>still recurring problems

Modern medical practices ladies and gents. You have scapula dyskenesis. Work your Serratus Anterior, retract your shoulderblades, work your rhomboids and mid/lower traps.

You want to balance your torso muscles so nothing pulls or impinges.
>>
>>34864950
What exercises
>>
>>34864943
It hurts in the front and side part of the shoulder not the back. Generally hurts when I try to do shoulder flesion or just any rotation except extension seems to hurt
>>
>>34865050
It hurts in the front and side part of the shoulder not the back. Generally hurts when I try to do shoulder flesion or just any rotation except extension seems to hurt
>>
>>34864961
Interior rotations
Face pulls
Prone retractions

And google.
>>
>>34865186
What do I google to find these answers?
>>
>>34865309
Scapula dyskenesis
Serratus Anterior Activation

Watch this
https://youtu.be/eYrLJjJrFVw
>>
>>34864961
A full rotator cuff therapy regiment.

Interior and exterior rotations
Backward and forward rotations
Serratus retraction and flexion

Get a set of resistance bands and do this shit for a few months until going back in. Your gains will suffer, but blowing out your shoulder is much worse down the road
>>
>>34865372
This goes for OP too
>>
>>34865372
OP, you probably have bursitis or tendonosis in one or multiple parts of your RC as well
>>
>>34865408
Yeah but I didnt have that before..
>>
>>34865186
Which way of doing face pulls do you recomend?
>>
>>34866481
The way where you pull it to your face
>>
>>34866652
No like i saw a few different ways to do it
>>
>>34866824
Hold on; a lot of advice in this thread is for someone with just impingement. You have impingment and just had a surgery, I don't think you should be lifting right now.

But follow this advice once you're able. Don't rush, patience is key, because you don't want to fuck your shit up any more.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.